PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Slaver PC Suggestions

kalos72
2016-11-12, 04:07 PM
In our campaign, we want to start to deal with Slavers to buy good aligned slaves to release, either to let them go home or we will offer to set them up in our city with housing/training and the like.

But we need a player/NPC to be our go between. The group is concerned that if the go between KNOWS what we are doing with the slaves we buy, he might be caught and killed. Dealing with Illithids and Neogi alot we think, using the Spelljammer part of our campaign.

How do we have an evil go between but one that isn't aware of our plans? What race/class if its a player?

Or would it be easier to just RP dealing with a small time local slaver, that we can protect ourselves against and let him deal with the other more dangerous slavers himself?

Also, do you think buying slaves in this scenario is still evil?

Coidzor
2016-11-12, 09:54 PM
Why would they kill someone for giving them money for product they can easily recover after the PCs release the slaves?

Easy money, baby.

Buying slaves in this context for this purpose shouldn't be Evil, but it is going to be basically pissing money away for no real reason and to no real effect.

Now, if this was all a cover to get information in order to shut down slavers by murderbucketing them, that's completely fine and justifies the concern about your contact being killed.

danielxcutter
2016-11-12, 10:14 PM
Some PrC that can capture and/or track down slaves, but doesn't have to be evil - such as the Justicar or Bloodhound, might work. Depends on the party, of course.

kalos72
2016-11-12, 11:03 PM
The idea Coidzor was freeing slaves would be a solid way to get new citizens in Neverwinter after the 4E timeline. We play 3.5E rules in that 4E timeline.

Now along with the other thread about npc advancement, if we could advance these new citizens to expert as well we can really make some improvements to the city.

The group wants to try and compete with Waterdeep in The North but you need people to have a metropolis. :)

As for the "why would they kill you", I had assumed that if they realized we were doing "good" and releasing the slaves they would either stop selling to me or as you said go and recapture them or even kill me for being a goody too shoes. Haaha...

icefractal
2016-11-13, 03:50 AM
I don't think they'd have any objection to you freeing the slaves, they get paid just the same. They might even refrain from recapturing them, if you were a big enough buyer that they wanted to stay on good terms with you.

The only exception would be slavers that were doing it for religious reasons, like they worship a god of oppression or something. Those ones might have an objection to what you're doing. But for most, they just do it for money, they don't care what happens afterward.

Venger
2016-11-13, 04:19 AM
justiciar, bloodhound, crimson scourge, and thayan slaver are all good slave hunting and slave catching classes. justiciar and bloodhound are brutes with some capturing and tracking ability, crimson scourge gives you some social clout when hunting escaped slaves through urban areas, and thayan slaver does all these things in addition to a really great spell list.

Karl Aegis
2016-11-13, 01:17 PM
You are buying people so they can be used as a source as labor. I find that objectionable.

kalos72
2016-11-13, 01:21 PM
Not really. I am buying people to free them, and hopefully offer the good aligned ones a home. Just happens to be in my city. None will be forced to stay.

But thats sort of the question in my mind, freeing them isn't a purely selfless act, but its not to get free labor or keep them in slavery. My option is still a much better future for them I think.