PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Item Break Build

Ethernil
2016-11-12, 04:38 PM
I want to design a build for a mundane npc that is preferably dumb(not necessarily) and that his main shtic is breaking stuff like doors etc.

Inevitability
2016-11-12, 05:07 PM
Orc with levels in Dungeoncrasher fighter? Maybe dip barbarian and take Destructive Rage too.

prufock
2016-11-12, 05:14 PM
Dipping one level of binder for the Aym vestige will get you Improved Sunder and double damage to objects.

Inevitability
2016-11-13, 03:30 AM
Dipping one level of binder for the Aym vestige will get you Improved Sunder and double damage to objects.

Even simpler: Bind Vestige grants you the ability to bind Aym and get the relevant ability without having to spend a level on it.

Venger
2016-11-13, 03:43 AM
lion totem barbarian1/dungeoncrasher fighter 4/warforged juggernaut 5/xx10

you have an insane bonus to destroying doors

Gruftzwerg
2016-11-13, 05:34 AM
I would go with Power Attack and Charge feat line and end it with Combat Brute.

Combat Brute gives 3 maneuvers and 2 are mentionable:

Sundering Cleave: To use this maneuver, you must destroy a foe's weapon or shield with a successful sunder attempt (see page 158 of the Player's Handbook). If you do so, you gain an immediate additional melee attack against the foe. The additional attack is with the same weapon and at the same attack bonus as the attack that destroyed the weapon or shield.

Momentum Swing: To use this maneuver, you must charge a foe in the first round, and you must make an attack using your Power Attack feat in the second round. The penalty you take on your attack roll must be -5 or worse. Your attacks during the second round gain a bonus equal to your attack roll penalty x 1-1/2, or x 3 if you're using a two-handed weapon or a one-handed weapon wielded in two hands. For instance, if you choose to take a -6 penalty on your attack roll, you can deal an extra 9 points of damage, or an extra 18 points if you're using a two-handed weapon or a one-handed weapon wielded in two hands

Sundering Cleave: Seems to be Great(?) Cleave for weapons & shields. At least there is no restriction (beside weapon/shield) on it. Destroy everything in 1 round.

Momentum Swing: Nice when you charge from enemy to enemy (since you have pounce). Maybe max tumble to avoid AoOs.

Take an (Half-)Ork Lion Spirit Totem Barb & mix in a few fighter lvls to get enough feats and your Item Destroyer should be ready to wreak some stuff.

edit: another totally different approach would be a dumb warlock with baleful utterance (shatter at will). He can shatter an object that weights 10pounds/lvl. The downside is the low Will DC for worn/held items and magical stuff.

Ethernil
2016-11-13, 05:46 AM
It will be an npc locked prisoner with the pcs and one of the ways out will be making him realize he can just burst open the manacles, door etc. That's why I want him to be dumb.

Gruftzwerg
2016-11-13, 06:13 AM
It will be an npc locked prisoner with the pcs and one of the ways out will be making him realize he can just burst open the manacles, door etc. That's why I want him to be dumb.

well I would stick to a warlock with enough lvl to handle the weight of the door/lock. take any weak and dirty looking race (goblin, kobold, gnome...) and you are set to go.

Cause a super strong looking ork is to obvious. A weak & dumb warlock will take em more time to figure out what he can and that he is the key to get out. And since the door (if ain't magical) doesn't even get a save against the shatter effect, he even doesn't need to be charismatic either (making any other abilities you might give him easier to save against!). The warlock needs only enough lvls for the weight of the door (10P/lvl)

Ethernil
2016-11-13, 07:48 AM
well I would stick to a warlock with enough lvl to handle the weight of the door/lock. take any weak and dirty looking race (goblin, kobold, gnome...) and you are set to go.

Cause a super strong looking ork is to obvious. A weak & dumb warlock will take em more time to figure out what he can and that he is the key to get out. And since the door (if ain't magical) doesn't even get a save against the shatter effect, he even doesn't need to be charismatic either (making any other abilities you might give him easier to save against!). The warlock needs only enough lvls for the weight of the door (10P/lvl)

You gave me an idea, the warlock could be smart enough to try use his shatter invocation, but not of high enough level for the pounds of the door. So the party would have to suggest using the spell on the hinges or the lock.

prufock
2016-11-13, 12:53 PM
Even simpler: Bind Vestige grants you the ability to bind Aym and get the relevant ability without having to spend a level on it.
This is better if you have the free feat slot; however if you have an open level, binder 1 gets you this AND improved sunder.