PDA

View Full Version : Medium Armor and very slow base speed [PF]

SangoProduction
2016-11-12, 07:19 PM
So, my character's race has a base speed of 15. Do I still get a slow down from wearing medium armor? Actually, the speed counts as 25 "before" armor, because of barbarian's Fast Movement. How do I handle the armor situation. THERE'S NO RULES FOR THE 5 FOOT INCREMENTS OF SPEED! (such that I've seen)

Where are those rules? What if you are actually really freaking fast, like base speed of 50 before the armor. Then what?

SangoProduction
2016-11-12, 08:15 PM
Found it! I think. At the bottom of this page.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/alignment-description/carrying-capacity

Remuko
2016-11-12, 08:16 PM
afaik (not sure if RAW) but armor lowers your speed by 1/3 (30 -> 20). Speed will always be rounded to the nearest 5 foot increment such as a small creature with base speed 20 in armor having their speed go to 15 instead of 10. So yeah I'm pretty sure its based on your total speed, so it would be 1/3 of the 25 ft rounded to the nearest 5ft increment.

someone with 50 ft speed would have 35 ft speed in medium or heavy armor afaik.

SangoProduction
2016-11-13, 07:15 AM
afaik (not sure if RAW) but armor lowers your speed by 1/3 (30 -> 20). Speed will always be rounded to the nearest 5 foot increment such as a small creature with base speed 20 in armor having their speed go to 15 instead of 10. So yeah I'm pretty sure its based on your total speed, so it would be 1/3 of the 25 ft rounded to the nearest 5ft increment.

someone with 50 ft speed would have 35 ft speed in medium or heavy armor afaik.

cool. That seems like a usable ruling. (and, at least at first glance, seems consistent with that list of speed adjustments that PF has for encumbrance)