PDA

View Full Version : DragonLance- Dragons Of Sea Fall. [IC]

igordragonian
2016-11-12, 09:02 PM
OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?505094-DragonLance-Dragons-Of-Sea-Fall-OOC-The-Shell-Tavern)

Seasons go and come. Friends and Lovers meet, and departing. Believes and promises, are made and broken.
But hope.
Hope never die.
It just... change.

Describe yourselves in your first reply.

Twelfth day of Gildember 150 AC.

Tanalia and Serra

A warm wind is howling through your hair, as you stood on the deck of the merchant ship on this morning. Strangely, and unjustly... the journey back to Safeshure, was calm and pleasant.
It was just starting of the Fall season at this hot land- a perfect combination for a very nice weather. As if, the weather just wanted to prove to you, how insignificant are mortals's lives for nature.
Varis died. And the world moved on.
Kazzar has finally lost it- and the world moved on.
Sabenika is about to die, and the world is moving on.
The Captain of the ship, has offered you a fair price, the sailors and the merchants were friendly- but not TOO friendly. All solmanic. And most of them, were quite the gentlemen!
A perfect journey. How unfitting.
"A LAND AHEAD!!!" Called the watcher. As you hurried to the deck.. here. You get to see Safeshure again.
Safeshure was a beauty to behold- a fourteen of square, mortal-made isles separated by canals. All the building were at least two stores high, and the decks were colorful and varied more than ever. You notice three... changes in the city.
First, you notice a new impressive lighthouse. Why was it built? A mystery. No ship were sinking at the shores of Safeshure- it was known as safe place to anchor you ship at. There were only three recorded drowned ship in the last hundred years- and in two of them kenders were involved.
Second, right at the decks you could notice.. a strange monument in middle of building it. It looked very curvy.. like.. a wave?

And last- flags. There were a damn flag on each of the building of the city. It hard to tell the symbol from this distance- but it was blue and red.
One way or another- soon, you'l get to Safeshure. To.. the Shell- which also could be seen, isolated on a little half island-cliff.

Andros and Bellephoebe

You came back to Safeshure, through the Koblod Cut desert and the Vingaard mountains, which were the place which held the forbidden tombs of Teron'nor. Normally, you would go to Palanthas and get a ship to Safeshure, and avoid the hardships of the mountains and the treacherous desert- but the staff. Bellephoebe felt that it might attract a dangerous attention- more dangerous than this wild path.
Andros led the way skillfully. Sneaking between the alarmingly growing tribes of goblins and kobolds.

Thankfully, it was the beginning of the fall season. A warm and pleasant wind has howled, as you approached the city from the south of it. The beautiful walls, which were decorated with engraving of magical sea beasts has first met your eyes and the horizon. Right after that the red blue flags. And a bit after that, a big and impressive lighthouse which could be seen even from this distance. Why was it built? A mystery. No ship were sinking at the shores of Safeshure- it was known as safe place to anchor you ship at. There were only three recorded drowned ship in the last hundred years- and in two of them kenders were involved.
You are approaching the gate- which is strangely.. guarded.
Usually, the gates are open, and everyone is free to path. Just as reminder, that there were force of order in the city, some archer, stood lazily above the gate.
But not today.
About three well armed guard stood at the gate, with a fully armored Solmanic knight have stood at the gates. Bellephoebe couldn't recognize any of them- they were all probably mercenaries? Each of them wore a red shirt with a symbol of a blue wave.
(https://seafrontmusicblog.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/wave-symbol-small.jpg). The same symbol were on the flags.

"Halt!" The Solmanic knight raised his hand with an authoritative stare. He wasn't an official knight- his armor lacked the traditional symbols, but his long mustache and stiff movement has exposed his roots.
"In the name of the Truth Surfer Theocrats I demand you shall name yourselves, and your matters in this holy city!" He demanded.
Holy City? Seriously? Safeshure? The pirate city?

Galgalwyn

You already have entered the city. At least the weather is convenient- warm winds of beginning of the Fall, at this hot land. Red Flags of wave were everything to see. And also a big lighthouse were built, not far from the decks. Why was it built? A mystery. No ship were sinking at the shores of Safeshure- it was known as safe place to anchor you ship at. There were only three recorded drowned ship in the last hundred years- and in two of them kenders were involved.
You felt something.. heavy lie on the spirit of this wild, carefree city. People were more quite, less talkative.. and less people were seen at the streets and canals.
After getting off, of the gondola you hired, you are starting to climb toward the Shell tavern.

"Billions of Bilious Blue Blistering Barnacles! What Nice day for a funeral? Eh? Sharp eared carpetseller?" you hear a rough voice, next to you. How haven't you noticed him? Another great mystery. The voice was of a gnome. The gnome was wide shouldered, and wild bearded. He wore a captain hat, a set of overly big strange goggles, between his teeth, strange metallic pipe with few ticking gears. (maybe a "machine for smoking?)
He wore a blue skin coat, above his exposed hairy chest.

Amerigo

Time to meet a friend for the last time at Safeshure! You have decided not to bother the overly seriously looking new guards, and passed.. above. Somehow.
But the city were diffrent from what you have remembered. a big lighthouse were built, not far from the decks. Why was it built? A mystery. No ship were sinking at the shores of Safeshure- it was known as safe place to anchor you ship at. There were only three recorded drowned ship in the last hundred years- and in two of them kenders were involved.
You felt something.. heavy lie on the spirit of this wild, carefree city. People were more quite, less talkative.. and less people were seen at the streets and canals.
The weather were good- a warm nice wind, of fall's beginning.
You were about to get to the canals and hire a gondola, when you have hear a roar.

"GET BACK HERE YOU THIEVES! I'LL SLASH YOU INTO TWO!!!" you are hearing a roar, and seeing a Minotaur running, and waving an axe, chasing kender pair of a male and female, running together, holding hands.

"WE WERE ABOUT TO GIVE IT BACK!" they shouted at him.
It seemed, no one around wanted to get involved.

Therumancer
2016-11-13, 05:59 AM
http://tabletoprpgart.tumblr.com/image/92451922936

More or less (the same picture I've used)

Bellephoebe is blonde, pretty, and dressed for travelling at the moment. To avoid attracting (too much) attention she is wearing soft brown leather and silks that show maybe a little too much skin, her formal black robes stowed in her packs, her concession to her order is a black scarf around her neck that is flapping in the wind. She is currently riding her horse. The BLC is wrapped in cloths to disguise it's appearance (somewhat) since from the description Bellephoebe was concerned with what attention it might get.

Bellephoebe responds to the guard "My name is Bellephoebe, I live here in Safeshur but I've spent the last few years travelling. I've received word that a dear friend is sick and might not be long for the world so I have come to see them one last time.

The last time I was here the gates were left open and relatively unguarded, and I confess your order is new to me, is there something going on in Sadeshur I should be concerned about?"

MenhirRocksolid
2016-11-13, 08:21 AM
While still under the influence of the flight spell Amerigo makes quite a few head turn, as they see the bottom side of a white stallion galloping in the air, while Amerigo in turn shakes his head at the sight of the two kleptomanic children being chased. Now if they would only ask... . As he sees the minotaur is quickly gaining on the Kender he flies of in the direction of the two and with his superior speed quickly catches both of them by the collar in one go and drags them off into the air (holding the squirming Kender at a safe distance from his own gear in one hand), stopping at a height of 30 ft in front of the Minotaur and calls out to him. "Hey buddy, no need to chop these two up in twain, they are already small enough! Now, what is it they 'borrowed' and supposedly forgot to give back to you?" With his other hand Amerigo summons a mage hand which immediately sets off frisking the two Kender, methodically searching their pockets and other 'other places', taking out their contents, showing it to Amerigo and then putting them back and continuing the search, making it look like he has done this kind of search many, many times before.

So, horse part is mainly white, and upper part would look something like this (when without armor): https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/ce/4f/b8/ce4fb8b134dcc84888b0244efc388d51.jpg

Estralita
2016-11-13, 11:30 PM
A woman of average height and appearence looks out over the waves, trying to take everything in. Her sandy blonde hair cut straight at the chin, her dark blue eyes hidden underneath a sailors hat. She has seen so much over the past few years. Learned so much. Obtained so much, beyond the enchanted scimitar at her side. Now to come home, see how much or little has changed, Serra wasn't certain how to feel.

Sabenika dying... It was almost unthinkable. She was a towering presence in Safesure, so much more than a woman or even a mentor. To Serra, Sabenika almost was the spirit of adventure, even in retirement. A part of Serra, the deepest most cynical part of her, whispered that this was the true end of the age of heroes. When even the strongest couldn't go on.

But Serra never listened to that side. Yes, such terrible things had happened and would likely happen in the future. They still weighed on Serra. But the world was still full of amazing things that she had yet to explore. To give up now would seem an insult to Sabenika and everyone else, in Serra's mind. And even though things seemed to be drawing to a close, Serra couldn't help but feel like this was also a new beginning.

PeacefulOak
2016-11-14, 02:31 PM
Andros

The warm fall winds tousled the long brown hair of the traveler, loosely held from his face by a leather band with a red bird emblazoned on it. An idle gesture kept the locks of hair from tangling with the string of his bow, slung over one shoulder. Mottled brown and green leather armor with metal studs covered the man's frame, and a loose cloak served to shroud his silhouette, as well as concealing the long sword and quivers of arrows hanging at his hips. His seat on the horse was easy and comfortable, the reins held in one hand. On the horn of the saddle rode a majestic hawk, bright red feathers fading to near white at the tips and gleaming red beak combining to make it look almost like a small flame, the match of the symbol on the headband.

Piercing blue eyes scanned the city as they rode towards it. Flags... and a guard? Since when did we need a lighthouse? Something is amiss. Leaning forward, he whispers "Solisortu, fly ahead. Look over the city, and look in on Sabenika's place. I don't want any unexpected trouble." With a surge of wings and air, the hawk takes flight, circling high before winging out over the city.

~~~

As they are challenged at the gate, Andros falls back a pace, deferring to Bellephoebe as had been her preference among the adventurers. Still, the guard's address put him ill at ease.

"Who are the Truth Surfer Theocrats, and by what right do they bar residents of Safeshur entrance? Holy as this city might be," Andros stiffles a chuckle at a memory of the last preacher who had passed through. The fool had tried to ban alcohol of all things! "... it has always laid its arms and gates open to any who came with good intent." A pause, and Andros remembers that they had requested names. "I am Andros, known as the Bold," even now bitter irony colors his tone, "and I am returned from adventures abroad to see an old friend and check on my home."

Zaydos
2016-11-14, 03:50 PM
Galgalwyn

Having spent time in the east of Ansalon, Galgalwyn was used to a heaviness across the lands in these days, but he was surprised to notice it had reached all the way to Safeshure, of course it was a mercantile town and a port, they got news from everywhere, and news looked grimmer by the day.

Galgalwyn's eyes turned down towards the gnome. He had never really dealt much with gnomes which left him a little unsure of how to act around them. They were odd, crazy from what he'd heard. Still it was a source of information and information could mean the difference between a sword in the gut and life, so he gave it a little grin. "Would you tell me, whose funeral it is today?" He asked the gnome, eyes carefully observing it.

The elf himself wore his traveling clothes, cloak pulled tight, sword hidden beneath its covering fabric. Underneath he wore his studded leather armor, his bearing one of a man who knew how to handle himself in a fight.

Gonna try an Insight check on the gnome not because I expect to find anything, but because Gal is a spy and thus has to try and get a feel for people. [roll0]

igordragonian
2016-11-14, 06:51 PM
Andros and Bellephoebe

Solisortu flew to his way.
The guard frowned a bit, looking at the two of you. He has pulled a very long scroll, his eyes traveled over the list.
"You are not mentioned as the Wave Of Truth worshipers- so by law, you are treated as strangers.' the solmanic mercenary has announced.
"Strangers are welcome, but they should pay for entering the city." he has explained patiently.
"The Truth Surfers have proved their divine powers, and have taught this sacred the city of The Wave Of Truth. As for threats- the city is threatened by two dangers- one, is the growing tribes of the goblins. And second and worse- the..." he paused before finishing the explanation. "...heretics.'
he coughed. "As guests, you should pay trust of five Steel pieces.'

Galgalwyn

"Formountainnevermindstupidname!" The gnome grumbled in gnomish.
"Do you not know about Sabenika dieing? Eh? Such a shame. She had such peppered personality. But she won't agree to move on before she meet some friends of her. Aye...' the gnome sighed sadly, sending rings of smoke. The two of you moved closer and closer the Shell. A hawk flew in circles above you.

Amerigo

Well, the city of Safeshure have witnessed few strangenesses in it's history- but this scene most certaily deserve to be one of those moments: A flying centaur shaking off pockets of pair of kenders, while a minotaur grumbling, and waving helplessly his axe.

This is so exciting!" the male kender gasped.
The female nodded, giggling. "I was never were robbed before by a flying bandit!"
"Should we ask, where he have found a horse willing to exchange legs with him?" the male asked with excitement.
"Of course!" the female kender squeaked.
"Excuse me, mr flying robber. Where have you found a horse generous enough to give you his legs?"

The minotaur growled.
|I't none of your business weirdo!" he kicked stones up, but still- not high enough.

PeacefulOak
2016-11-14, 07:35 PM
Andros

Andros looks down at the guard, a strange look in his eyes.

"The gods are long gone, they abandoned us and left us to our own devices. I've seen enough fools in my days who believed themselves prophets of the gods... they never ended well." Andros shakes his head. "You demand payment for me to enter my own home? A home I have defended with my blood and my blade and my bow for years. As has my companion, I might add. Goblins and heretics are threats you face? We are a threat to goblins, so you should think twice about challenging those who are feared by those you fear." Cool blue eyes stare down at the guard, void of emotion but heavy with intent.

"Now, get out of our way and let us go about our business."

[roll0] Intimidation.

EDIT: Not bad, given I dumped Charisma. ;)

Therumancer
2016-11-14, 07:57 PM
Andros and Bellephoebe

Solisortu flew to his way.
The guard frowned a bit, looking at the two of you. He has pulled a very long scroll, his eyes traveled over the list.
"You are not mentioned as the Wave Of Truth worshipers- so by law, you are treated as strangers.' the solmanic mercenary has announced.
"Strangers are welcome, but they should pay for entering the city." he has explained patiently.
"The Truth Surfers have proved their divine powers, and have taught this sacred the city of The Wave Of Truth. As for threats- the city is threatened by two dangers- one, is the growing tribes of the goblins. And second and worse- the..." he paused before finishing the explanation. "...heretics.'
he coughed. "As guests, you should pay trust of five Steel pieces.'

.[/SPOILER]

Bellephoebe is getting annoyed and can't help but think of how nice it would be to simply drop a fireball on the "guards" attempting to extort her and animate their burnt bones as a skeletal entourage. Discretion and observation overrules her anger for the moment however, there are doubtlessly more than these gate guards, and within Safeshur this cult is obviously quite powerful if they have changed things so extremely in only a few years.

As Andros attempts intimidation Bellephoebe will sweetly add " I am also known as Lasade, or Lasade The Necromancer. I've defended Safeshur magically on a number of occasions and I've been told I'm *quite* memorable I doubt they've forgotten me... it's not just the number of goblins and brigands I've dispatched, I'm told the how of it left quite an impression..." Bellephoebe gives a wicked little smirk at the last part but then she continues a bit more diplomatically "Trust me you want Andros and I on YOUR SIDE especially if those Goblins attack. Besides, I am quite interested in learning more about The Wave Of Truth and why you think it represents a return of divine power. With all the frauds out there you can surely understand our skepticism, perhaps you might consider us pilgrims or truth-seekers rather than strangers. After all this IS our home and we're all friends here are we not?"

Therumancer
2016-11-14, 08:13 PM
Ooops Crunch here (can't edit in die rolls)

[roll0] Diplomacy
[roll1] Intimidate

EDIT

Bellephoebe is trying to be nice, yet intimidating, at the same time, by remaining sweet as she plays off of being a mage known in the area. Diplomatically expressing an interest in the cult as she makes it clear she can be fairly dangerous.

Black Socks
2016-11-16, 07:17 AM
Tanalia, despite the warm weather, wears a plain, unadorned, dark blue cloak with the hood pulled up, and that extends all the way down to her ankles. The hood hides her face, but two blue eyes gleam out of the shadows.
"Flags? A monument? A lighthouse? What in the Abyss happened to this place?"
She stands on the deck of the ship, near the edge, careful to stay out of the way of the sailors. Her eyes scan the horizon for details. And a distraction from her own thoughts.
He's dead, and Kazzar's insane. You need to move on.

Zaydos
2016-11-16, 03:41 PM
Galgalwyn

Galgalwyn grimaced a bit at the gnomes news. That was far from the reception he had hoped to find after Sabenika had called him here. Still things were falling apart across Ansalon, so why not here as well. Still she hadn't passed away yet, and so that meant she must have something important to tell him. "Thank you for your news," He said to the gnome a hint of melancholy in his voice even as he picked up his pace towards the Shell.

MenhirRocksolid
2016-11-17, 04:10 PM
Amerigo shakes his head some more... Keeping the Kender and arms distance he now asks the talkative squirming mass a few questions instead: "Excuse me, my vertically challenged friends. Could you perhaps tell me why the cow makes such a fuss about something he is too embarrassed to talk about? Did you by any chance perhaps borrow his teddy bear? Pray tell me what you borrowed..." He subsequently directs his mage hand to stop frisking the Kender and makes it instead tickle them when they provide unhelpful nonsense.

igordragonian
2016-11-17, 06:18 PM
Tanalia and Serra
The ship soon throw anchor at the docks.
Back to.. Safeshure. All you got to do, is to pass through the dock and pass with gondola or bridges the city and get to the Shell.
When you pass through the docks, you find even a stranger sight, than monuments and light houses: A flying centaur holding pair of kenders while a minotaur growling and yelling at them. (You now, have seen Amerigo. It's up to you, if you dare to stop)

Amerigo,Tanalia and Serra

After few tickles. "Maybe it was this shining horn with funny letters!"
the girl pulling out what seemed to be like a very long minotaur's horn which is now a blowing horn. A silver writing decorating the horn.

"THAT IT! YOU ARE ALL DEAD MEAT!" the minotaur growled, pulling a crossbow from his back trying to shoot the centaur.

(OOC:Roll initiative!)

Galgalwyn

"Aye. Thousandths of barnacles! That really breaking my gears!" the gnome blurted. You entering the Shell.
As usual an exotic music (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyyMQS9a6e8) is meeting your ears as you enter. The trio blind musician playing it, as their usual corner with the window which giving them a sea breeze. The blind musicians were quite a mystery- they haven't spoken any language known on Ansalon, but Sabenika spoke to them freely.
They played as if business were going normal. At this early time of the day, the tavern is almost empty.
The Shell was decorated like a dream- all the walls were covered with clams, almost completely hiding the wooden walls. a sea snail shells were hanged from the ceiling, humming with every wind or step, with pleasant sounds. Cute little round tables were scattered, carved from the remains of Sabenika's ship.
The gnome walked by your side, as if you are already old friends.
A beautiful teen brown haired human girl, stood behind the bar, her pale face reddened from what seemed to be too much of wine. Her eyes were red from crying. Like all of the Shell's waitresses, she wore pair bronze clams on her chest tied with chains, on silky dress with a flower pattern. Style which Sabenika took from one of the isles she has visited.
But this young girl.. look familiar to you.. you remember even YOUNGER... could it be? Humans matured so fast!
It was Sabenika's grandchild-Sabyta. She was probably now about 19- which mattered a lot for humans youngsters. She ignored you, and your new gnomish "friend."
She cried quietly, while sipping more and more high quality elven wine.

Andros and Bellephoebe

The Solmanic guard frowned at Andros's attempt to threaten him.
"Both of you do not appear in the list of the Truth Surfers. Your history isn't relevant- only the worshippers of Wave Of Truth are considered as the city's citizens."

Toward Bellephoebe's he has softened a bit.

"Very well. Actually the fee is one Steel Piece, but I am in desperate need of an extra money." He has explained honestly.
"Anything else?" he asked, forgetting all of their demonic history?

Therumancer
2016-11-17, 06:52 PM
Bellephoebe hands over a steel piece (49 remaining). "Very well, I'll pay the toll even if I don't like it." Bellephoebe sighs "It seems a lot has changed in the last few years, I'm interested in hearing more about this "Wave Of Truth" you serve and how they convinced everyone they speak for the divine since there have been so many charlatans. If they happen to be the real deal, this is indeed cause for celebration! I'm also quite interested in the new Lighthouse, it's an impressive structure for sure, but we've never needed one before." Bellephoebe thinks to herself I had best play along with this cult, and pretend to be interested until I have more information. As long as they see me as not being hostile and as a potential convert I'll probably stay out of trouble. Andros needs to chill out though, there is nothing to be gained from overt hostility yet. Since the guard confessed to money problems perhaps giving him the 5 steel if he's helpful could pay off later. Better he think I'm kind, and interested in his new faith, than a troublemaker.

PeacefulOak
2016-11-17, 07:26 PM
Andros

The tall man sighs, fishing into his pouch and pulling free a small handful of coin, and handing it to the guard without counting it.

"Honesty over trickery, good sir, will get you better reward. I share my companions interest in the changes in the town, but I worry that we have an appointment to keep. Perhaps you could direct us to a place where learning of this faith may be achieved?"

He shifts his weight, causing his horse to shuffle its feet slightly.

[roll0] coins paid to a guard.

Black Socks
2016-11-18, 11:23 AM
Tanalia dares to stop! She draws her rapier and hisses "Bad move, punk."

((initiative rolled in OOC, result= 12.))

MenhirRocksolid
2016-11-21, 02:41 PM
Amerigo uses his mage hand to take the horn and to subsequently bring it straight to the minotaur, in a way that places the horn as well as he can in between him and the minotaur. The Kender holding arm subsequently shifts to the side in order to shield the Kender with his own body in case an arrow is actually fired. "Now there, hold your horses, don't be a steer... No need to shoot at the remains of one of your ancestors. I'll take care of these two faeries right here right now... You can trust me on that..."

igordragonian
2016-11-22, 06:20 PM
Andros and Bellephoebe

The guard surprised at Andros's generosity. He counted the coins with disbelief.

"Ahem. Yes. The Town Center- is now the main temple.' he has answered Andros.

He scratched his mustache, nervously. "It would be wiser, not to question the use of the lighthouse.' he said worried, looking back, as if he is afraid someone dangerous listen to him. "We simply trust the wisdom of the Truth Surfer Theocrats." he said with a deep breath.
"Well.. you see... they have proved their divine power- they KNOW." he has whispered dramatically.
"EVERYTHING!"

Estralita
2016-11-23, 01:56 AM
Almost before Serra registered the disturbance, her scimitar was in her hand. And from there, it was just a few quick strides to reach the minotaur. "Is this something you really want to be doing?" she asked sweetly. To emphasize the point, Serra charged her blade with the slightest hint of lightning, and slashed lightly at the minotaur's belly. he then stepped just out of his reach. If he attempted to move, he might receive an even nastier shock.

Gonna close the distance, attack once with Booming blade, persuade as a bonus action, then use Fancy Footwork to dance out of reach!

[roll0]
[roll1]
Booming Blade[roll2]
Sneak Attack (because Swashbuckler) [roll3]

PeacefulOak
2016-11-23, 03:36 PM
Andros

The tall man slaps the guards on the shoulder and laughs.

"Then they should have known that I live here, friend! In seriousness, though... we shall look into learning this religion. What's your name, though? I'd find you again once we're done our business." He smiles and grips the guard's shoulder as he begins to ride past.

Therumancer
2016-11-24, 06:36 AM
Andros

The tall man slaps the guards on the shoulder and laughs.

"Then they should have known that I live here, friend! In seriousness, though... we shall look into learning this religion. What's your name, though? I'd find you again once we're done our business." He smiles and grips the guard's shoulder as he begins to ride past.

Well, hopefully Andros made a useful contact here. We've learned there is an air of paranoia and everyone fears they are being watched at least. I wonder if it's mundane or magical surveillance they are concerned about. Bellephoebe waves and follows Andros quietly suggesting "I think we should head for The Shell"

igordragonian
2016-11-25, 07:48 AM
Battle(?) at the docks.

the kenders struggled. "Hey! We wanted to return the horn ourselves!"
"Argh! You have last chance to give it back to me, or else I-" the Minotaur groaned, when all of the sudden Serra slashed his belly, sharp and bloody.
He groaned with shock. The stones of the road under the minotaur was colored fresh red.
"Filthy humans! he cursed and attempted to shoot at Serra! The crowd around gasped and cleared the way from the combat zone- probably having healthy instincts. An unintentional battle ring was formed by the crowd, which were controled by their fear and their curiosity.
Some yelled:"Kill the cow!" and some yelled:"Cut off the kenders's ears!" But most were silent.
One fat and old merchant yelled:"Stop this madness! We still can avoid the killing!" he actually struggled to get into the battle ring, but was blocked by the masses, who didn't shared his will to risk his neck in this mess,

kender male: [roll0]
kender female [roll1]

Tanalia attacking on parallel with the minotaur.

Bellephoebe and Andros

"I go by Si...err, I mean..." the guard has answered Andros with hesitation. Did he just almost called himself Sir?
It seems, that there were some issue around it, because the other guards snickered at this.
The solmanic warrior, petted his moustach as if he gathering strentgh and courage from it.
"I go by the name Hunor Sharplance. Please accept my apology, the Theocrats have made it clear that if I let heretics in the city, I'll be severly punished. I hope our next meeting would be.." for a moment his eyes unwillingly traveled over Belephoebe's undeniable beauty. "... much more pleasant." he said quitly.
The guards let you in the city.
There was a small piece of steady ground behind the gates, but beyond that the true Safeshure lived on fourteen mortal isles, diveresed by cannals. Buildings blocked most of the wind.
Usualy the streets and canals between them, were so lively and busy. Even wild- more than once, there was a need to beat off too pasionate suitors from a dame, or break off a a tournament between pirates.
Kids who aimlessy tried to fish, from the canals. Gondolaiers were singing serenades even at morning.
Not anymore. People passed quickly through the bridges, avoiding eye contact as much as possible.
Grim looking gondaliers whistled sadly- most of them idle of work.
The Shell is the other side of the city, in a cliff about a half killometer north city of the city and one kilometer north west of the docks.
The hawk return to Andros"s shoulder,

PeacefulOak
2016-11-25, 05:08 PM
Andros

The strange quiet of his home catches Andros at odds, and he is unsettled by it. Solisortu's arrival does little to change his quiet, though he reaches up and runs his fingers over his friend's feathers.

"What did you see, friend? Anything of interest?"

He guides his horse towards a stable service so that they might take a boat to reach the Shell.

Therumancer
2016-11-26, 05:35 AM
Bellephoebe speaks quietly to Andros as she follows him to the stables and then presumably to The Shell "I don't know who these Truthsurfer Theocrats are but they seem to have tamed Safeshur and I wouldn't have thought it possible. I much preferred the town the way it was before. " Being worldly sorts I can't help but wonder what proof of false divinity these theocrats offered that could cause the people of this town of all places to fall into line so quickly. Never mind accept mass surveillance if the guard is to be believed

MenhirRocksolid
2016-11-27, 11:00 AM
After seeing the situation escalate by some brigand Amerigo flies in an U-shape (60 ft speed), dropping the Kender (free action) on a flat roof (without any apparent way of getting on or off) halfway of the U and lands in between Minotaur and its attacker (while dropping off the horn in the hand of the minotaur with the mage hand). With a loud and commanding voice he booms into the crowd: "Nobody is doing anybody else anymore harm, or I'll personally put them in my Bag of Endless delight. Believe me, you don't want to be in there, unless your plan was for your body to be preserved for a thousand years..." *whispers to the minotaur* "I'll take care of your wound."

Black Socks
2016-11-27, 01:22 PM
Tanalia attempts to make a minotaur-kebob with her rapier.
"I. Hate. Bullies."

Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage if it hits: [roll1] piercing

igordragonian
2016-11-29, 07:30 PM
Bellephoebe and Andros

Solisortu tell Andros about a strange battle at the docks- a flying horse-human holding pair of kenders, while a cow-man fighting a female human.

At the stables, they meet a young man, whistling. His smile widen as he recognize Bellephoebe. "Greetings!" he said, and added a theatrical bow. His name was Garth. He was a poor and very lazy boy, who got kicked by his hard working single mom, and since then switched jobs almost on daily basis- only his charming smile probably made people trust him again and again. He also had few joyful nights with Bellephoebe. He always attempted to get more from her- but never turned fully obsessive about her.

"I believe the price would be.... 20 steel pieces.. unless you have something more precious to offer.' he winked to Bellephoebe. He didn't even attempted to hide his gaze at Bellephoebe's body.

A girlies&horse Vs Cow

The kenders screamed with excitement.
"Another round!" the demanded cheering.
The minotaur and Tanllia hitted at the same time- the bolt from his crossbow, hitted Serra's shoulder, while her rapier did the same almost at the same time.
He dropped the crossbow with a deep bovine moan of pain. He panted heavily- the rapier probably hitted vital spot
The crowd backed off.

He blinked shocked as the horn fell back into his hands.
"Don't touch me, wierdo!" The minotaur growled at the centaur.
He stared hipnotized at the horn.

"I.. have.. to go..' he started to back off, ignoring his bleeding shoulder and belly. Shaking with pain.. but seems to be led by kind of great mission

6 damage to Serra.
the minotaur heavily injured.
With 01/30 hp

Therumancer
2016-11-30, 05:29 PM
Bellephoebe and Andros

[SPOILER]

Solisortu tell Andros about a strange battle at the docks- a flying horse-human holding pair of kenders, while a cow-man fighting a female human.

At the stables, they meet a young man, whistling. His smile widen as he recognize Bellephoebe. "Greetings!" he said, and added a theatrical bow. His name was Garth. He was a poor and very lazy boy, who got kicked by his hard working single mom, and since then switched jobs almost on daily basis- only his charming smile probably made people trust him again and again. He also had few joyful nights with Bellephoebe. He always attempted to get more from her- but never turned fully obsessive about her.

"I believe the price would be.... 20 steel pieces.. unless you have something more precious to offer.' he winked to Bellephoebe. He didn't even attempted to hide his gaze at Bellephoebe's body.

]

Bellephoebe was a cruel dominatrix (it being about controlling her desire to inflict pain) after all so she says sounding unusually bored "10 steel, and if I'm in the mood I'll let you know" I don't have time for this, and I'm not that pissed off at the guards to feel a need to beat the poor boy as much as he might enjoy it. Maybe I'll find someone to fool around with later once I've gotten to The Shell and seen what's going on. That said I can probably string him along for some information at the moment Sooo Garth she says almost dismissively, knowing how the game is played at least in Garth's case "What can a dirty boy like you tell me about these Truthsurfer Theocrats that seem to have taken over in my absence, I'm particularly interested in that beautiful lighthouse they have constructed"

Black Socks
2016-11-30, 05:49 PM
A girlies&horse Vs Cow

The kenders screamed with excitement.
"Another round!" the demanded cheering.
The minotaur and Tanllia hitted at the same time- the bolt from his crossbow, hitted Serra's shoulder, while her rapier did the same almost at the same time.
He dropped the crossbow with a deep bovine moan of pain. He panted heavily- the rapier probably hitted vital spot
The crowd backed off.

He blinked shocked as the horn fell back into his hands.
"Don't touch me, wierdo!" The minotaur growled at the centaur.
He stared hipnotized at the horn.

"I.. have.. to go..' he started to back off, ignoring his bleeding shoulder and belly. Shaking with pain.. but seems to be led by kind of great mission

6 damage to Serra.
the minotaur heavily injured.
With 01/30 hp

Tanalia frowns at the minotaur but does not attack him.
"Well, that was exciting. Five minutes in Safeshure and we get into a fight. Shall we depart to find the Shell?"

MenhirRocksolid
2016-12-02, 12:57 PM
Amerigo picks up the dropped crossbow to make sure nobody else gets any foolish ideas or simply steals it and looks at the crowd in a frowning manner and adressed them: "Most of you should be ashamed of yourself... I've met less bloodthirsty goblins than you lot". Amerigo subsequently lifts off the ground and calls out the Kender while flying/galloping by: "You two can stay here for a while and think about your actions. Also, some people down there want to kill you. Maybe I'll be back later to get you off the roof". Amerigo then leaves the scene and zephyrs off to the Shell.

Use mage hand to pick up crossbow if it is a light crossbow, otherwise just pick it up the old fashioned way.

Estralita
2016-12-07, 01:58 PM
Serra raised an eyebrow as she wiped the blood off her scimitar. "Would you prefer we allow him to gore you through the stomach? In any case, he's going to be fine. No real harm done."

igordragonian
2016-12-07, 07:42 PM
Bellephoebe and Andros

"Oh, lady Bellephoebe, your dominance make my heart make a little dance of joy!" Garth said with a cringy smile.
"I'll gladly tell you what I know... The Truthsurfer Theocrats came here three years ago. Things were bad. A plague started killing hundred people in one week.. and then they came- they offered to us to accept the ways of Wave Of Truth in exchange for saving us. Those who agreed, got a "holy sea salt of truth." And those who have used the salt were... safe. I for example, haven't found the need to bother the very busy god- so I helped myself to the salt of a very generous believer.' he smiled mischievously.

"Most of those who refused to accept the Wave Of Truth died from the plague or.. had VERY bad luck- the usual- falling from windows, drowning, breaking their necks while going in the stairs..' his smile swept away.
"Naturally, just it convinced me, that I should please the Wave and his Surfers." he sighed.
I would be also careful instead of you, Bellephoebe. They strongly dislike mages and even more... "free spirited" women like you.' he started feeding the horses.
"And no one know, what the idea with the lighthouse- but it sure take a LOT of money to build it. They have hired a lot of guards, but they are underpaid and just looking for "heretics". Pirates doing here, what ever they want, unless they mess with one of the theocrats. he explained.

Serra&Tanalia

The crowd going to their business, as the battle finished. You are walking out of the docks. The major of the city is splat between 14 man made isles, with canals and bridges between them. Usualy the streets and canals between them, were so lively and busy. Even wild- more than once, there was a need to beat off too pasionate suitors from a dame, or break off a a tournament between pirates.
Kids who aimlessy tried to fish, from the canals. Gondolaiers were singing serenades even at morning.
Not anymore. People passed quickly through the bridges, avoiding eye contact as much as possible.
The Shell is not very far, in a cliff about a half killometer north city of the city and one kilometer north west of the docks.

One gondalier recognized Serra. "Good morning my fair lady!" he said with a wide smile, and bowed dramaticly.
"May the wave wash you with wisdom and truth!"

Amerigo

On the way to the Shell, you notice the injured minotaur waddling in pain. Other minotaur approached him.
"Let me help you brother...' he said with a wide grin. The weakened minotaur stopped his walking, looking at the other one. "T..thank you..' he said heartfully.
The second and healthier minotaur sent a punch to his face sending him to the floor without consuionse.
"No. Thank YOU, for yor weakness!" The minotaur laughed.

MenhirRocksolid
2016-12-08, 05:32 AM
This place… Am I ever going to reach the Shell?

If the other minotaur just punches the minotaur out cold and then walks away Amerigo will just land next to the wounded minotaur, stabilize him (if need be with a Goodberry) and take him with him to the Shell (lugged onto his back).

If the other minotaur is starting to sift through the belongings of the wounded minotaur (robbing him) it is going to be death from above. (Surprise attack, full assault mode, with the intention of eventually knocking the other minotaur out cold and subsequently “providing some educational shock therapy…”)

igordragonian
2016-12-08, 08:20 AM
This place… Am I ever going to reach the Shell?

If the other minotaur just punches the minotaur out cold and then walks away Amerigo will just land next to the wounded minotaur, stabilize him (if need be with a Goodberry) and take him with him to the Shell (lugged onto his back).

If the other minotaur is starting to sift through the belongings of the wounded minotaur (robbing him) it is going to be death from above. (Surprise attack, full assault mode, with the intention of eventually knocking the other minotaur out cold and subsequently “providing some educational shock therapy…”)

The second minotaur seems to care only about the horn- he take it, and walking away- what course of action do you take?

Therumancer
2016-12-08, 08:54 PM
Bellephoebe smiles and says "Thank you for the information, if you come across any extra 'sacred salt' let me know, I'd like to examine it" as she pays the stl for the horses. She then turns to Andros "I'm sure our horses will be well attended to, shall we make for The Shell?"

PeacefulOak
2016-12-09, 12:18 AM
"I do believe we should, Belle." Andros places a hand on her shoulder and steers her out of the stables, casting a firm gaze towards Garth.

Once out of earshot of Garth, and of any passers by, Andros speaks to his companion under his breath.

"I like nothing of what I see and hear in our city. This reeks of subterfuge and corruption, and I dearly hope that our friends have not been caught up in it. Also, Solisortu says theirs some sort of scuffle with a Minotaur and a centaur nearby. Worth our time, do you think?"

MenhirRocksolid
2016-12-09, 03:49 AM
Without hesitation Amerigo comes charging down on the Minotaur bully striking him twice with his sword and kicking the living daylights out of him for good measure. I hope you wished for a walking stick this year, because you’re going to need it you dishonorable wretch!

Advantage due to mounted combatant. Not using Hex as he wants to keep up his Fly spell.
Attack 1: [roll0] or [roll1] , Damage: [roll2]
Attack 2: [roll3] or [roll4] , Damage: [roll5]
Attack 3 (hoof): [roll6] or [roll7] , Damage: [roll8]
The idea is to knock him out cold, not kill him.

Black Socks
2016-12-09, 08:21 PM
Serra&Tanalia

The crowd going to their business, as the battle finished. You are walking out of the docks. The major of the city is splat between 14 man made isles, with canals and bridges between them. Usualy the streets and canals between them, were so lively and busy. Even wild- more than once, there was a need to beat off too pasionate suitors from a dame, or break off a a tournament between pirates.
The Shell is not very far, in a cliff about a half killometer north city of the city and one kilometer north west of the docks.

One gondalier recognized Serra. "Good morning my fair lady!" he said with a wide smile, and bowed dramaticly.
"May the wave wash you with wisdom and truth!"

Tanalia looks around in concern. The city is so.... sullen.
"You get all the attention." She jokes. "But do you have a theory as to the cause of this.... depression?"

igordragonian
2016-12-10, 08:38 PM
Amerigo

The brown coated minotaur moaned with pain. "MOOO!!" He looked dizzy for a moment, but then he roared. "Mind your business weirdo!" Trying to headbutt the centaur with his heavy horned head.

OOC

Minotaur 06/25 hp (nonlethal damage)
attacking Amerigo
[roll0]
Damage (if any)
[roll1]

Serra And Tanllia

"Oh, my fair lady you better not call it depression, to avoid a disaster falling on your marvelous locks!" the gondolier smiled, but his pupils shrinked with fear, and he looked to the sides with paranoia.

"People are simply very aware of the dangers of heritcism and corruption. That all!"
You notice how one cloaked man, who stared at the gondolier stopped and stared. Judging?

Estralita
2016-12-11, 12:36 AM
This whole atmosphere was unnerving for Serra. This was the place where she grew up. She told bawdy stories at the inns, drank into the wee hours of the morning, and spent hours providing merriment alongside her family. Bad enough for her mentor to be dying. But now it felt like her home was dying as well.

Serra nodded in response to the gondolier's greeting. "Have you met any other Weavers later?" she asked nervously. It had been a while since she had heard from her family.

Therumancer
2016-12-11, 09:35 PM
"I do believe we should, Belle." Andros places a hand on her shoulder and steers her out of the stables, casting a firm gaze towards Garth.

Once out of earshot of Garth, and of any passers by, Andros speaks to his companion under his breath.

"I like nothing of what I see and hear in our city. This reeks of subterfuge and corruption, and I dearly hope that our friends have not been caught up in it. Also, Solisortu says theirs some sort of scuffle with a Minotaur and a centaur nearby. Worth our time, do you think?"

"I'd prefer to just get to the Shell, whatever is going on will probably be over before we get there. But if you'd like we can at least see what the reaction of authorities was... if any"

MenhirRocksolid
2016-12-12, 01:09 PM
With a few more swings and and a kick back on his head (to return the favor) Amerigo knocks the minotaur into either into my-little-centaur-land or just into next week. He then takes the horn into custody and stabilizes the unkindly treated minotaur. He subsequently pours a flask of maple syrup on top of the 2nd minotaur and sprinkles him with a whole heap of marshmellows from his bag of endless delight and spells "easy pickings" on his back with some additional black licorice. He then picks up the first minotaur, heaving him onto his back and flies off to the Shell.

Attack 1: [roll0] or [roll1] , Damage: [roll2]
Attack 2: [roll3] or [roll4] , Damage: [roll5]
Hoof attack: [roll6] or [roll7] , Damage: [roll8]

igordragonian
2016-12-20, 06:57 PM
Serra And Tanlaia

The Weavers are alright. As much as anyone can be alright right now. As most sane people at Safeshure, they gave their oath to the "Wave Of Truth". The Surfer Theocrats consider them harmless.

Everyone:
Each of you, has passed through the city to the Shell.

All of you know that, the Surfer theocrats are fearsome group, who are considered as miracle makers. Also, those who deny them, suffer from "bad luck".
They are quite tyranical and not tolerating "disrespectful" attitude.

For more than that roll what ever seems fit for your character to know more- perception, investigation... I trust you on that.

Things are more complicated than that. Many of the more stable citizens of the city are actually thankfull- their young daughters won't be harrased, or getting unplanned children. Wives could be more secure about the loyalty of their husbands. And in general- it gave the city more feel of community- even if very closed and haunted one. The Truth Surfers, have also honest supporters.

Study of magic, is now monitored and registered by the Truth Surfers. Mages who won't gave the oath won't be tolerated.
Strangely, there is another problem- The Truth Surfers are wasting the city's resources on heretic's hunting and strange and unexplained projects like the lighthouse.
Most of the original guards were released and replaced with fewer outsider mercenaries. The mercenaries rarely deal with crime, and pirates now acting wilder and wilder at the docks.

You entering the Shell.
As usual an exotic music (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1Fa6f3lrew) is meeting your ears as you enter. The trio blind musician playing it, as their usual corner with the window which giving them a sea breeze. The blind musicians were quite a mystery- they haven't spoken any language known on Ansalon, but Sabenika spoke to them freely.
They played as if business were going normal. At this early time of the day, the tavern is almost empty.
The Shell was decorated like a dream- all the walls were covered with clams, almost completely hiding the wooden walls. a sea snail shells were hanged from the ceiling, humming with every wind or step, with pleasant sounds. Cute little round tables were scattered, carved from the remains of Sabenika's ship.
You notice a dirty and bearded gnome, drinking and hiccuping and cursing like a bunch of drunken gnome sailors (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dayvsQMk1Qo).
A beautiful teen brown haired human girl, stood behind the bar, her pale face reddened from what seemed to be too much of wine. Her eyes were red from crying. Like all of the Shell's waitresses, she wore pair bronze clams on her chest tied with chains, on silky dress with a flower pattern. Style which Sabenika took from one of the isles she has visited.
But this young girl.. look familiar to you.. you remember even YOUNGER... could it be?
It was Sabenika's grandchild-Sabyta. She was probably now about 19- which mattered a lot for humans youngsters. She cried more and more as she sipped more and more elven wine.
She raised her eyes, seeing all of you. "Y..you.. are.. the friends of Sabenika.. aren't you?" she has asked slowly with a whimper.

Estralita
2016-12-20, 08:23 PM
Serra sighed with relief at the news of her families safety but also with a hint concern for their still being in the city. Although if they believe a Story-Weaver to be harmless, they might be missing a trick.

Seeing Sabyta, so much older than when Serra last saw her and in distress, brought home how much had changed. And what Serra would never get back. "I'm so sorry Sabyta. Is... Is Sabenika still up for receiving visitors?"

Going with perception.

[roll0]

PeacefulOak
2016-12-20, 11:20 PM
Andros

Stepping into the shell is like walking into a childhood home. The sights, the sounds, the barmaids, and... everything falls away as the tall Solamnic man sees the red-eyed girl he used to bounce on his knee. He dashes forwards, leaving Belle in the doorway and ignoring the concerned woman, wrapping his arms around the girl and lifting her in the air, spinning her around with a broad smile!

"Saby-cat! By the sea and stars, how you've grown! Don't tell me you don't remember your uncle Andros!" He sets her down where she stood before, and takes a half-step back, flicking a finger against one metal shell-covered bosom. "When did this happen! I'd have sworn you had nothing bigger than bee-stings when I left!"

Andros can tell full well that she is full of sorrow, and is trying to bring a smile to her face and break the grief somewhat.

igordragonian
2016-12-21, 05:18 PM
"Thank you.. My grandma is-" Sabyta started to answer, as she gotten lifted by Andros. She giggled with shock and joy.
"I could never forget you, Andros!" she said with a wide smile, wiping her tears.
She giggled again. "Well, by the guests stares, I guess it happened two years ago. she looked to stairs's direction.
"She... is in great pain. But she won't move on.. before meeting you.' she said sadly, but holding herself better.

Therumancer
2016-12-22, 01:00 AM
Bellephoebe can't help but observe the young girl's beauty, other things obviously on her mind. That said as Andros engages in his rather over the top greeting Bellephoebe quietly says "Then we should meet with her so she can pass on with her mind at ease. Tell me though, I'd imagine Scarlet wouldn't be taking this laying down, has there been any word from her"

MenhirRocksolid
2016-12-27, 03:37 PM
It is a somewhat strange sight when Amerigo and his Minotaur luggage enter the shell. Amerigo first gets himself a room and subsequently deposits his package onto the bed before heading back into the bar. Now where was I, oh right...

PeacefulOak
2016-12-30, 11:30 PM
Andros

The tall man chuckles and touches under Sabyta's chin with a knuckle. "Don't worry, little one. We'll go and see her so that she can rest peacefully." He turns towards the stairs, his stature and motion making it evident that he expects the friends of Sabenika to follow him up to see their friend.

igordragonian
2017-01-04, 08:20 PM
Amerigo, Serra, Bellephoebe&Andros

"Scarlet has a bounty on her head.' Sabyta smiled with pride. "The Truth Surfers are enraged... she also saved few young mages from death.' she sighed.
"But you should hurry."
You are taking the stairs. Amerigo join you, after a weird stop) and also the sweating gnome joining you, nonchalantly.

The door to Sabenika's room is opened. Inside Sabenika sit in her bed, smoking a pipe with her calm smile as usual. But she was sickeningly pale, and her hands shivered. She still wore her eye patch. Even when she gotten old, her hair had a silver almost glowing color- now it was simply grey and dead.
The room itself was simple- a bed, a closet and eight chairs around it. She wore a weary night gown, and on her bed were two opened books.
Her one green-grey eye shined.
"It's really warming my heart to see, that so many of you, have came here.' she said calmly.

The gnome grumbled few curses and swears.

Alzograth

You finally have arrived to Safeshure. It's sure different from the last time you have seen it. At least the weather is convenient- warm winds of beginning of the Fall, at this hot land. Red Flags of wave were everything to see. And also a big lighthouse were built, not far from the decks. Why was it built? A mystery. No ship were sinking at the shores of Safeshure- it was known as safe place to anchor you ship at. There were only three recorded drowned ship in the last hundred years- and in two of them kenders were involved.
After getting off, of the gondola you hired, you have climbed toward the Shell tavern.

Aoth
You finally have arrived to Safeshure. It's sure different from the last time you have seen it. At least the weather is convenient- warm winds of beginning of the Fall, at this hot land. Red Flags of wave were everything to see. And also a big lighthouse were built, not far from the decks. Why was it built? A mystery. No ship were sinking at the shores of Safeshure- it was known as safe place to anchor you ship at. There were only three recorded drowned ship in the last hundred years- and in two of them kenders were involved.
After getting off, of the gondola you hired, you have climbed toward the Shell tavern.
From a bit of questioning, you know about the great-ex adventuress Sabenika.

Astrid Bleakshield

ou finally have arrived to Safeshure. It's sure different from the last time you have seen it. At least the weather is convenient- warm winds of beginning of the Fall, at this hot land. Red Flags of wave were everything to see. And also a big lighthouse were built, not far from the decks. Why was it built? A mystery. No ship were sinking at the shores of Safeshure- it was known as safe place to anchor you ship at. There were only three recorded drowned ship in the last hundred years- and in two of them kenders were involved. At the gates you have met a Solmanic Knight mercenary named Hunor Sharpspear. He was kind enough, and acted with nobility toward you- as much as his job allowed him. And there few things off about him- he served as mercenary a cult, which called themselves the "Truth surfers" who took control of the city. Also, the other mercenaries didn't respected him at all.

The Truth Surfers theocrats are fearsome group, who are considered as miracle makers. Also, those who deny them, suffer from "bad luck".
They are quite tyranical and not tolerating "disrespectful" attitude.

For more than that roll what ever seems fit for your character to know more- perception, investigation... I trust you on that.

Things are more complicated than that. Many of the more stable citizens of the city are actually thankfull- their young daughters won't be harrased, or getting unplanned children. Wives could be more secure about the loyalty of their husbands. And in general- it gave the city more feel of community- even if very closed and haunted one. The Truth Surfers, have also honest supporters.

Study of magic, is now monitored and registered by the Truth Surfers. Mages who won't gave the oath won't be tolerated.
Strangely, there is another problem- The Truth Surfers are wasting the city's resources on heretic's hunting and strange and unexplained projects like the lighthouse.
Most of the original guards were released and replaced with fewer outsider mercenaries. The mercenaries rarely deal with crime, and pirates now acting wilder and wilder at the docks.

Aoth, Astrid& Alzograth

The three of you are entering the Shell, almost at the same time.
As usual an exotic music (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1Fa6f3lrew) is meeting your ears as you enter. The trio blind musician playing it, as their usual corner with the window which giving them a sea breeze. The blind musicians were quite a mystery- they haven't spoken any language known on Ansalon, but Sabenika spoke to them freely.
You notice a dirty and bearded gnome, drinking and hiccuping and cursing like a bunch of drunken gnome sailors (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dayvsQMk1Qo).
But this young girl.. look familiar to some of you.. you remember even YOUNGER... could it be?
It was Sabenika's grandchild-Sabyta. She was probably now about 19- which mattered a lot for humans youngsters. She looked up the stairs with a melancholic smile.
she shaked her head. "Excuse me, dear guests.' she bowed.
"Have you came to meet Sabenika?" she has asked sadly.
"She is upstairs... waiting to say her final words to some friend.' she explained.

MenhirRocksolid
2017-01-05, 06:50 AM
Sweet mercifull forests... you look terrible Sabenika! Here, have a goodberry, they are good for you!" Amerigo exclaims in a child-like innocence as he rushes forwards taking a berry out of his bag when he sees Sabenika.

Therumancer
2017-01-07, 07:49 PM
Bellephoebe nods a greeting to Sabenika and asks "Is there anything I can do to make you more comfortable?"

PeacefulOak
2017-01-09, 02:26 PM
Andros

Andros staggers slightly on first seeing Sabenika. The dramatic change from the vibrant woman he had seen only three short years ago shocks him deeply, and he hangs back a moment before his training comes back to him. He moves up to Sabenika's side, ignoring the conversations and begins to check her over, taking her pulse, examining her eyes and skin. He completely ignores any attempts she makes to resist or push him away.

[roll0] Heal check, trying to see if I can tell what is affecting her.

jamaul13
2017-01-12, 01:06 PM
Aoth walks into the Shell and takes in the semi-familiar sight and feeling. It had been a long time since he had been here but always had found memories about the staff and Sabenika herself. Aoth carries no weapons and has a sleeveless shirt with some loose fitting pants and boots on. Removing his hood (the Shell was one of the FEW places or times he removed his hood) showing his bald head, Aoth looks at the others walking into the bar with him, he first recognizes Astrid. It is always a great sign when you see a friend.

Hello Astrid. How have you been?

While greeting Astrid, Aoth peers at the Alzograth. A Minotaur was a very unusual travel mate however if Sabenika has invited him then he must be worth getting to know.

Good day friend Aoth says offering his hand.

As Sabyta greets the trio, Aoth bows It is great to see you again Sabyta..

Estralita
2017-01-12, 01:55 PM
Serra may not have been a perfomer any more, but she retained enough of her skill to avoid her shock upon seeing Sabenika looking so fragile. She approached and smiled. "Have I got some stories for you!"

Pithlord
2017-01-16, 02:04 AM
Alzorgath marches into the Shell like he owns it, though one gets the feeling that is how he walks into most places. His dark-red eyes scan the room carefully as he sets down his intimidating halberd. Alzorgath's golden fur is well groomed and his head mostly shaved closely except for a thin, spiky mane down his back. Beyond a relatively small backpack, the only other equipment he carries is a ornate horn on his belt. After scanning the room, he sees a girl that has Sabenika's look about her. He could only guess that it was her granddaughter, though he couldn't remember her name. As she approached, he couldn't help but notice two others who had entered the same time as him and appear to be there for the same reason as him.

He gives his most flashing smile, which is actually a bit terrifying, back to the girl, and then to the others. "Yes. Here for Sabenika. Important to see her. Is she okay?"

igordragonian
2017-01-16, 07:54 PM
Sabenika's room

Sabenika seemed to be poisoned. You can't recognize the poison, but you can sense that it's NOT a natural eldery decay.

Sabenika smiled, and chuckled as Andros and Amerigo hurried to her sides.

"Don't be so dramatic. I'm just going to rest, a little bit before all of you.' she patted them both.
"Serra! My dear! I'v heard dark rumors about the whereabouts of you and your friends... I'm happy to see you in better shape than me! hahah!" she chuckled while shivering.
Her chuckle wasn't strong as it was before- it sounded like a hag's chuckle- getting old might not show your best side.

"Bellephoebe! Actually.. there is. There is a reason, why I have troubled all you from your important matters."

"Bah! GetothepointSabenika!" The gnome muttered with a grumpiness that would have probably impress the King Of The Mountain Dwarves himself. (if he does exist)
"The ancient gods..." Sabenika coughed blood, and look at the staff Bellephoebe held.
"are back. Great hope lie ahead in your future- but you'l have to pass through a darkness which wasn't seen for centuries." Sabenika said, in cryptic tone.
Sabenika, always enjoyed being mysterious, and riddle her friends- but she never spoken of "gods" "hope" "darkness" and such... fantastic terms.

"I won't live to see their return. But you will." Sabenika said.

The Shell Bar

Sabyta just stare a bit at Alzorgath, but doesn't looked afraid.
"She is dieing, Alzorgath. she said quitly.
"My grandma waited for you, this long just to say her final words- which she never agreed to tell to any of her family members."

jamaul13
2017-01-16, 10:28 PM
Aoth bows his head briefly at the news that his friend is dying.

Please take us to her at once. There is no time to waste.

With that Aoth heads in the direction of the stairs.

Therumancer
2017-01-17, 06:01 PM
"From all evidence I've seen, you are correct. I think one god in particular is set to return."

PeacefulOak
2017-01-17, 07:14 PM
Andros

"Old gods or new, Sabenika, are not my concern in this moment. You are neither ill nor infirm from age. You have been poisoned. Is this the work of the Truth Surfers?" his voice is both warm and hard, his distaste for the meddlers evident.

MenhirRocksolid
2017-01-18, 03:26 PM
Amerigo's caring posture; he has a goodberry or three on a delicious piece of toast at the ready, suddenly stiffens as he hears that Sabenika has been poisoned. He looks at Andros and then at Sabenika in a worried manner, waiting for her answer.

igordragonian
2017-01-18, 05:53 PM
Sabenika's room

Sabenika chuckled.
"Andors, you don't plan to loosen up, even once?" she coughed up more blood.
"It doesn't matter, Andros. It's too late. and beside-"

The Shell Bar

Sabyta led you, to the second floor.
The door to Sabenika's room is opened. Inside Sabenika sit in her bed, smoking a pipe with her calm smile as usual. But she was sickeningly pale, and her hands shivered. She still wore her eye patch. Even when she gotten old, her hair had a silver almost glowing color- now it was simply grey and dead.
The room itself was simple- a bed, a closet and chairs around it. She wore a weary night gown, and on her bed were two opened books.
Her one green-grey eye shined. Various characters sitting around her- you might know some of them!

Everyone

OOC: Now you all together. Yay
IC:
"Good.. more of have came." Sabenika greeted the new comers.
"Take a seat... I hope you all have been well. I believe Bellephobe has something important to say.'

jamaul13
2017-01-20, 08:19 PM
Aoth gazes around the room looking at each of the people in turn. As he makes eye contact he gives them each a slight head bow then turns his attention to Sabenika. Once she speaks he turns his attention to the person whom she directed to speak.

Therumancer
2017-01-25, 11:44 AM
"For a long time I've dreamed of Dragon turtles and even suspect one might have saved me as a child, the pendant I was wearing upon my rescue turned out to be a holy symbol of the goddess Zeboim, lady of storms and the sea. My later research, in part guided by my dreams lead me to recover this artifact"

Bellephoebe unveils the black crystal staff (which was wrapped earlier to avoid drawing unwanted attention from people like the guard)

MenhirRocksolid
2017-01-25, 03:11 PM
Amerigo thinks of turtle-soup at the mention of dragon-turtles, looks a bit glazed at the staff and then continues trying to stuff Sabenika with goodberries. It is never too late for goodberries...

igordragonian
2017-01-26, 05:22 PM
Sabenika, chooked on the goodberries, Amerigo stuffed her mouth, but swallowed them.
"My, my.. you are persistent...' she chuckled, looking a very bit better.

"Yes, Bellephoebe dear. That.. a stormy path you have to take.' she said with a weary all-knowing smile.
The gnome cursed aloud, and went out slamming the door.

"...Even if some would see it as a dark path- but the darkness is an important time.. just before the dawn,' she said with unusual cryptically tone.

"I... want you, my dear friends to take part of it- returning the faith and hope into our desperate world.... I..' Sabenika paused coughing blood.
"Need you to help the Truth Surfer... with.. a quest..'
Weakened, Sabenika, layed down, closing her eyes, breathing with pain.

Estralita
2017-02-09, 09:24 PM
Serra's heart started beating faster, though she wasn't certain if it was anger at Sabenika's murder, or excitement at Sabenika's revelations about the nature of the gods, or just anticipation of a quest. Maybe all of them."Just tell us what we need to do." she whispered intensely.

PeacefulOak
2017-02-14, 05:40 PM
Andros

Andros takes a half step back at this declaration, his eyes widening then narrowing in shock.

"You know that this is their poison, though, do you not? And still you ask us to aid this man. This must truly be a matter of great import." He sighs heavily.

"How are we to reach him to receive this quest? Does he know that we are coming? Bellephoebe and I were challenged at the gates on our entry."

igordragonian
2017-02-19, 07:30 PM
"Their hands might have poisoned me... but my departure is the will of the gods- maybe even just to gather you here.." bloody cough*
"together. He is already waiting at the bar. His name is Mylo... he is looking for an adventurers who are NOT working for the Truth Surfers for his own reasons...'
Sabenika start to cough violently.

Therumancer
2017-02-26, 05:56 PM
"Have you talked to Scarlet about the poison? She knows many cures.... I shall seek this Mylo"

PeacefulOak
2017-03-01, 11:54 AM
Andros stands and takes a step back from the bed, his eyes sad.

"Yes, Scarlet knows much... but I worry for her safety as well in this time of trouble." He makes his way to the door, his posture reflecting his discomfort with this intrigue. "We will leave you to rest now, Sabenika. Don't worry, we will complete this mission, if for nothing other than the debt we all owe you." He leaves the room, making his way down to the bar.