PDA

View Full Version : Think I ha e taken something ugly and came up with something

Hunterx
2016-11-13, 02:40 AM
So the trick behind this was that I picked some of the so called worst classes and feats to make something that could be with some tweaking be very good. So here goes with the base line and the slight way this needs to work.

Attributes
Star 16 Dex 16 Con 16 Int 8 Wis 8 Cha 18
( Before taking the vow of poverty at level 12 the char tries to increase their attributes in this order Cha, Con, Str, Dex, Int, Wis)

These are the classes and feats
Battle dancer 11
Marshal 2
Paladin of freedom 3
Fist of the forest 3
Dragonslayer 1

Feats
Lv 1 Great fortitude
Human bonus Dodge
Flaw feat Power attack
Flaw fear
Lv 3
Lv 6 improved unarmed strike
Lv 9 sacred vow
Lv 12 vow of poverty
Lv 15
Lv 18
On top of this there are 5 sacred feats

The increases given by from VOP got to Cha, Con Str and Dex in that order

The extra 5 points from levels goes to Cha.

Input would great thanks.

Venger
2016-11-13, 03:41 AM
So the trick behind this was that I picked some of the so called worst classes and feats to make something that could be with some tweaking be very good. So here goes with the base line and the slight way this needs to work.

Attributes
Star 16 Dex 16 Con 16 Int 8 Wis 8 Cha 18
( Before taking the vow of poverty at level 12 the char tries to increase their attributes in this order Cha, Con, Str, Dex, Int, Wis)

These are the classes and feats
Battle dancer 11
Marshal 2
Paladin of freedom 3
Fist of the forest 3
Dragonslayer 1

Feats
Lv 1 Great fortitude
Human bonus Dodge
Flaw feat Power attack
Flaw fear
Lv 3
Lv 6 improved unarmed strike
Lv 9 sacred vow
Lv 12 vow of poverty
Lv 15
Lv 18
On top of this there are 5 sacred feats

The increases given by from VOP got to Cha, Con Str and Dex in that order

The extra 5 points from levels goes to Cha.

Input would great thanks.

What kind of input are you looking for, exactly? What are you looking to accomplish with your build? As-is, it doesn't do anything very well. vow of poverty is not a good feat and hamstrings almost all characters who take it because while it does shore up certain things like AC, it leaves large holes in abilities the game assumes characters have by a certain level. it gives you no ability to fly, for example, which you cannot do on your own with this stub.

there isn't really any synergy between these classes. do you want to be a melee thf figher? do you want to focus on unarmed strike or natural attacks? it's usually easier to focus on one combat style and allocate resources into it rather than try to split your focus and dabble in multiple different styles.

Inevitability
2016-11-13, 09:51 AM
Why are you taken 11 levels of Battle Dancer? It better not be for Dance of the Springing Tiger: there's better ways to get Pounce even if you're avoiding the typical barbarian dip.

Hunterx
2016-11-13, 06:13 PM
The idea is a mid damage dealer support ability tank.

I know about the lion totem barbarian and I chose not to take it because I'm focusing on Cha mainly.

The support is from the auras it gives and it dose 3d8 unarmed damage which is not huge I know but it was trying to take some of the ugliest classes, feats, and what not and make them into something that is relatively good. Could have gone diploma nicer or UMDmancer but I decided on something like this.

It give 19/20 BAB
High AC on all types
Hit points are good
Attacks are both chaotic and good
Give Auras that increase Dex and initiative
Give aura against fear and mind control
Is immune to fear and mind control
3d8 unarmed damage

The only other wing I could see to do is this and I thought it maybe over the top ugly would be to fit monk in here somehow
This would of course give Dex, Wis, Con, Cha to all three type so for AC then vow of course.

The theme fits and they do synergy well when you look at it.
Battle dancer, first of the forest are a natural fit together, the dragonslayer very easily fits with this as well. The paladin and the marshal are a little not so much I will agree so replacing those levels would be an option but remember the theme trying to be ugly classes and feats, that is why dancer the prime class.

Kaje
2016-11-13, 07:21 PM
Not sure why you're surprised you got something halfway decent here. Yes, some of these are bad classes, but they're well-known as being fantastic dips.

Hunterx
2016-11-14, 12:48 AM
Battle dancer is bad all around

Inevitability
2016-11-14, 01:34 AM
Battle dancer is bad all around

I know at least a few builds that dip into it for the charisma to AC.

Taking 11 levels probably counts as 'bad', though.