PDA

View Full Version : Storm Kings Thunder

Jacon
2016-11-13, 03:17 PM
You've been on the road for several days now after having met at a small roadside inn. After finding out you had similar interests in the town of Nightstone you decided to travel together for safety and companionship. You left the inn and started to make your way to the small settlement.

After following the trail for ten miles, you can hear the ringing of a bell. The sound grows louder as Nightstone comes into view. A river flow around the settlement, forming a moat. The village itself is contained within a wooden palisade, beyond which you see a windmill, a tall steeple and the high pitched rooftops of several other buildings. Apart from the ringing of the bell, you detect no other activity in the village. The trail ends before a lowered drawbridge that spans the moat. Beyond the drawbridge, two stone watchtowers flank a open gap in the palisade.
South of the village and surrounded by the river moat is a cone shaped, flat topped hill on which stands a stone keep enclosed by a wooden wall. The keep, which overlooks the village, has partially collapsed. A wooden bridge that once connected the village to the keep is partially destroyed...

What do you do?

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/7495/lISHoo.png

Am working on trying to get some maps up. I don't really have the normal tools for uploading images but i'll try and figure something out

Zergrinch
2016-11-14, 12:51 AM
The Goliath stomps into the village, heading towards the ringing bell. He takes a cursory look around, scanning the horizon for threats. Of course, that is ridiculous - Zugg is biggest one there is. No one can threaten Zugg!

ZUGG PERCEIVES! [roll0] NOTHING!

TheManicMonocle
2016-11-14, 03:48 AM
Kaladin follows closely behind the goliath, gripping his morningstar nervously with one hand, his shield already on his other arm. I guess there's a reason my guardian told me to come here, he thinks warily, scanning the village for threats, as the bell clangs loudly.

perception check:
[roll0]

BabyCthulhu
2016-11-14, 04:53 AM
Khaarg, Bugbear Paladin

Khaarg was really intrigued. Nothing on the way there pointed that there was any thread big enough to attack a village. From the outside they coudln't see any smoke or fight. And they could see if the collapsed bridge was because of rot or purposefully done.
"This is strange, isn't it? I mean, is that bell calling for a meeting? Or a bandit attack?" Khaarg sees how two of the group are already entering the village. "Yeah, I guess that's the fastest way to know."
Kharg follows inside, looking for fighting or fleeing tracks, like bloodstains, multitude of steps, open or closed doors and windows, smoke and fire, the kind of out of place signal from a typical day on the village.

Perception or investigation?
Passive Perception: 13
Perception: [roll0]
Investigation: [roll1]
Khaarg doesn't see a menace so he still doesn't draw a weapon.

tieren
2016-11-14, 08:55 AM
Gruhash brings up the rear guard, keeping a careful eye on the human and dwarf who originally asked him to accompany them on their travels.

He watches the goliath responding to the bell and then carefully surveys the area surrounding the village and the defenses themselves through the figurative lens of his military training.

kornwiser
2016-11-14, 11:39 AM
Bismarck ambles behind his companions into the village, his stumpy dwarven legs giving him need to hustle so he can keep up. A nice enough town. Any bigger an' it'd be a nuisance. Now where's that stone? He sees Zugg aiming towards the source of the noise and calls out to him.

"Oy, ya big stone child, remember, we're lookin' for a giant stone, not playin' musical chairs!"

Jacon
2016-11-14, 04:53 PM
Gruhash perception check
[roll0]

Zugg stomps into the village closely followed by his more wary comrades. You cross the drawbridge which is 20 feet long and 10 feet wide. At the end are two stone watchtowers where you believe has the mechanism for the lowering and raising of the drawbridge. Inside the palisade is quite a sight.

To your right is a small farm that looks recently tilled. Their is also a farmhouse with a wall that has collapsed inwards and amongst the wreckage you can see a large boulder. Two other massive stones are embedded in the dirt in the farm. (4B) These stones are three feet high and look to weigh around 500 pounds Their is also a path that leads southwards to a small untouched house (4A) and goes around a hill that has a windmill on top of it. (10)

Straight ahead is the towns courtyard (3) and it is riddled with more of these strange stones that are half buried into the ground. In the center is a large strangely shaped hole. Bismark recalls that the the obsidian stone he seeks should have been in the middle of the courtyard where travelers and tourists could have easily have visited the stone in which the town is named after. It's not here now though.
Their is also a covered wall, a abandoned wooden cart and a few tethering posts in the courtyard

To your immediate right is a large wooden temple with a slender steeple in which the bell ringing is coming from. (5) It's windows are stained glass depicting images of birth and dawning suns, trees and unicorns. From these images it's pretty easy to guess the gods to which these temples were raised for. Lathander (god of dawn) and Mielikki (Goddess of forests) Zugg steps just into the doorway and he can see sunlight that pours through the windows and gives an almost otherworldly glow to the rather plain inner temple. Their are a few wooden benches and the ground is dirt. In the backwall their a large pulpit and next to it is a door that is slightly ajar. Zugg can dimly hear over the bell some giggling and talking in a language he can't understand coming from within that door

Khaarg stops briefly in front of the drawbridge and inspects the ground and notes a flurry of tracks coming to and fro from the town. After a moment he notes that the larger with shoes tracks seem to be leaving the town while smaller barefoot tracks are entering the town. He also notes two sets of large dog like paw marks entering the town.

Gruhash keeps a wary eye out in the courtyard but does not see anything suspicious.

Meanwhile the bell continues to ring loudly obscuring most noise and making it hard to communicate with eachother.

What do you do?

(Groups locations. Right outside of 5.)

Please note the numbers on the map. It should help you have an idea of where you are.)

BabyCthulhu
2016-11-14, 07:45 PM
Khaarg, Bugbear Paladin

Khaarg tracking skills are not good enough to know how long those footprints have been there, but the village looks definitely civilized enough to be home to small barefoot people.
"My guess is that small barefoot creatures entered the town, either once it was empty, or they drove them away." Khaarg sais to Gruhash. "So, who is currently ringing the bell if not the villagers? Let's check!" Khaarg rushes near the goliath, who is already inside the temple, preparing his shield and a javelin while he runs there.

Zergrinch
2016-11-14, 08:19 PM
Zugg pauses in the courtyard to look at one of the strange stones littering it. Not just look, but lift it, examine it, and then casually toss it aside like a pebble after he is done with it.

After which, he stomps into the temple, and faces the ajar door.

"WHO THERE?" his voice booms out. "NOISY!"

Investigation: [roll0]
Zugg dumb and know absolutely nothing!

TheManicMonocle
2016-11-14, 11:49 PM
Kaladin, Aasimar Paladin

Kaladin follows Zugg into the chapel, feeling slightly more at ease in the familiar surroundings of a church. Despite that, he keeps his mace and shield at the ready, and cautiously proceeds forward, following Zugg through the door. He passes Zugg and proceeds onward towards the door in the back, deciding that this was as good a place as any to start looking for answers. "When is a door not a door?" he mumbles to himself, as he slowly hooks the door with his morningstar to pull it open. "When it's ajar," he concludes, as he pulls the door towards him to open it more fully.

kornwiser
2016-11-15, 01:45 PM
Bismarck looks around in confusion in the central square at the massive boulders littering the ground. "What the hell happened here?" Seeing the hole in the ground where the titular stone should be, Bismarck runs over to see if he can find any clues as to where it went.

[roll0]

tieren
2016-11-15, 02:22 PM
Gruhash will draw his axe and stand outside the church near the door to keep an eye on the goings on within and on the party members still in the square.

Jacon
2016-11-15, 07:09 PM
Zugg takes a moment to take a closer look at one of the stones. Flexing his massive muscles he reaches down and attempts to pick one up. He strains with all his might and almost manages to lift one of the massive stones but in the end all he does is manage to push it a little forward.
"My guess is that small barefoot creatures entered the town, either once it was empty, or they drove them away. So, who is currently ringing the bell if not the villagers? Let's check!" Khaarg Comments as he walks from the drawbridge.
Zugg a little frustrated with his inability to lift the heavy stone stomps back into the church followed closely by Kaladin and Khaarg.
"WHO THERE?" his voice booms out. "NOISY!"
The giggling stops and you hear shushing sounds coming from from within the slightly open door. The bell ringing gives one final rang before it suddenly stops
"When is a door not a door?" Kaladin mutters the old joke to himself as he steps forward "When it's ajar," He opens the door.
Inside is a plain wooden bed that's mattress has been torn apart leaving stuffing scattered across the floor. Their are also two open wooden chests. Garments, underclothing and personal effects such as wooden spoons, forks and bowls lay scattered across the floor. In the middle is a large knotted rope that you guess connects to the bell. In the center are two small creatures with orange skin and large eyes. Their ears are long and pointed and they have almost bat like faces. On their backs are large sacks filled with something and in their hands are rusted and dented swords made of pigsteel.

Meanwhile outside Gruhash warily stays just outside of the church to keep a wary military eye on the going ons outside and inside.
"What the hell happened here?" Bismark comments as he waddles past Gruhash and goes to the middle of the courtyard to inspect the large hole for more clues. After a moment he notices that he is standing in the center of a much larger shoe print. The size impresses him as its easily the biggest shoe print he has ever seen, slightly bigger than himself. Their seems to be four sets of these prints around the stone. He can tell by how the prints are pointed in a west direction but actually seem to head north, that the owners of these prints picked up the stone and the four of them headed north in the village and than.....
You can't tell anything else as you suddenly notice two massive wolves with grey fur glaring at you from the north. Their mouths glistened with recent blood and behind them you can see a sheep dog that has been torn to bits behind a boulder where they were eating when you first walked into town. The two slowly start towards you snarling.

Groups location
Kaladin, Khaarg and Zugg are inside the temple (5)
Gruhash is just outside the temple (5ish.)
Bismark is in the courtyard (3)

Everyone one please roll int and what you would like to do.

BabyCthulhu
2016-11-15, 08:37 PM
Khaarg, Bugbear Paladin

I would like to ask that the initiatives are rolled together at once, instead of waiting for everyone to roll their own initiative. It's one of the easiest ways to speed up PbP combat.
I would roll for everyone now, if you guys decided you don't like this method, just ignore the following rolls.
Zugg [roll0]
Gruhash [roll1]
Kaladin [roll2]
Khaarg [roll3]
Bismarck [roll4]

Khaarg advances towards Kaladin to have a better view of the room, and upon seeing the looting creatures he asks them "Who are you and where is the owner of that clothes?" He positions himself far enough from the door that he can throw a javalin inside, but let Kaladin and Zugg get inside.

I case the creatures attack, Khaarg would use his javelin as a spear at the first one that enters his reach. (10')
Are readied actions still a thing in 5e?

Javelin Attack (Action, 10' reach) [roll5] Damage [roll6]

kornwiser
2016-11-15, 09:07 PM
Bismarck, Dwarven Druid

Whichever initiative we decide to use, I'll roll here for good measure.

[roll0]

Bismarck looks up, surprised. Quickly analyzing the situation, he doesn't think these wolves are friendly. "Ach, I don't wanna do this, pups, but seems like ya might leave me no choice!" He raises his hands and starts calling on the power of nature.

I'm readying an action to cast Thunderwave if the wolves get into range. Ideally I'd wait for both to be in range but if that's not possible I'll settle for one.

Thunderwave: DC 13 Con save, Range 15 feet
[roll1] thunder damage and pushed back 10 feet on a failed save, half damage and no push on a successful one.

tieren
2016-11-15, 09:20 PM
Gruhash, Half-orc fighter

[roll0]

Gruhash will advance to the position of the druid and ready an action to attack with his axe if a wolf comes within melee range of him.

tieren
2016-11-15, 09:24 PM
In the somewhat more likely event the wolves are already attacking by the time I get to go I will attack the nearest wolf with my axe

[roll0] (to hit)
[roll1] (damage)

TheManicMonocle
2016-11-15, 11:16 PM
Kaladin, Aasimar Paladin

Kaladin brings his morningstar to bear at the sight of the creatures. He attacks!

Rolls:

Initiative:
[roll0]

Attack:
[roll1]

Damage:
[roll2]

Zergrinch
2016-11-17, 11:03 AM
"YOU NO BELONG HERE!" the Goliath glares at the puny orange things. "PETS NO BELONG HERE! ZUGG SMASH THOSE WHO HURT LITTLE PUNY HUMANS!"

Whereupon the Goliath recklessly charges the nearest enemy in sight, about to do grievous harm.

Zugg Gathakanathi
AC 18, HP 15, HD 1d12

Initiative: [roll0]
Maul in your face: [roll1]. On hit: [roll2]. On crit: [roll3]

Jacon
2016-11-17, 10:38 PM
Khaarg
Goblin 2
Kaladin
Goblin 1
Zugg
Gruhash
Worgs
Bismarck

"Who are you and where is the owner of that clothes?" Khaarg ask from just outside the door way pulling a javelin ready to hurl it if need be. One of the goblins raises his hands and points to the other and opens his mouth to say something when suddenly Kaladin rushes in and swings his mace at him. The goblin hurriedly ducks the wild swing and starts screaming in goblin which Khaarg understands.

" RUN, THE TALL ONES GOT TALLER AND ARE ANGRY RUUUN!!!"

"YOU NO BELONG HERE!"
Both Goblins make a mad dash for the door nimbly jumping out of the way of Zuggs maul which collides with a wall sending bits of wood flying in all directions and leaving a hole.
"PETS NO BELONG HERE! ZUGG SMASH THOSE WHO HURT LITTLE PUNY HUMANS!"
Both run past Khaarg and straight out of the doorway clutching their cloth sacks.

The reason why you didn't get AOO is because goblins get disengage as a bonus action.

Meanwhile outside the wolves advance on Bismark growling menacingly however they are stopped short when Gruhash appears next to the dwarf with his axe at the ready. The wolfs glance at each other now seeing that their on more even terms than just one lonely dwarf. They turn back with steely glares and suddenly one leaps in the air towards Bismark. The vicious pounce is stopped midair by Gruhash's ax which collides into the wolves ribs breaking bone and leaving a nasty gash sending it crashing to the floor. The victory is short lived however as the second wolf pounces unto Gruhash's chest and bites down hard onto his shoulder. The half orc is knocked onto his back and he tries to weakly beat the angry wolf off but is unable to before slipping into unconscious.

Rolled a 19+5 for attack. 5+6+3 for damage equaling 14 points of damage to Gruhash.

The wounded wolf gets back on it's feet and makes a halfhearted lunge again at Bismark who nimbly jumps back.
"Ach, I don't wanna do this, pups, but seems like ya might leave me no choice!"
Bismark raises his hands and calls on the spirits of lightning and thunder to aide him. With a crack a powerful blast strikes both wolves knocking them back ten feet. The wounded wolf struggles to stand up but his comrade jumps to his feet still ready for a fight.

Sorry Tieren. 1st level characters are super squishy.

From inside the hut the rest of you hear the crack of thunder and some dog like whimpering coming from outside

Zergrinch
2016-11-17, 11:34 PM
Zugg snorts at the puny half orc who is certainly quite a puny half orc that is a disgrace to his heritage if a little bite like that would incapacitate him like that.

The Goliath stomps towards the nearest wolf, and sends his maul crashing down on its puny skull.

[roll0]. Hit: [roll1]. Crit: [roll2]

TheManicMonocle
2016-11-18, 01:34 AM
Kaladin, Aasimar Paladin

Kaladin pauses, taken aback by the goblins and unwilling to pursue a creature that was screaming and running away. Afterall, it was one thing to fight something that was fighting back, but something running away...

That must not be the threat, he thinks. Then he hears the sounds outsite. He quickly runs out to help his new friends.

If Kaladin reaches the wolves, he will defend his friends with an attack.

please check the OOC for the attack roll

tieren
2016-11-18, 09:00 AM
Gruhash, half-orc fighter

Death savings throw number 1:

[roll0]

BabyCthulhu
2016-11-18, 12:41 PM
Khaarg, Bugbear Paladin

The goblins flee the scene swiftly, moving like piglets between them while screaming like ones too. "They know what happened here! Grab them!" shots as he pursues them outside the temple.
But there was a more urgent situation outside.
Knowing Zugg would charge at the wolves, Khaarg ran to them and threw his javelin hoping to reach them before they could drag the half-orc, or leap on the dwarf again. "Go away beasts!"

Move into reach (move)
Throw javelin attack (action) [roll0] Damage [roll1]
If possible, I would like to end my movement near the dwarf, with the rapier on my hand.

kornwiser
2016-11-18, 05:09 PM
Bismarck sees Gruhash go down and curses loudly. "Ah, ya lily-spittled pea-brained mangy mutts, what's the matter wit' ya?" Faced with the choice between helping Gruhash get up and continuing the assault on the wolves, Bismarck chooses to attack, conjuring a burst of fire and firing it at the wolves.

Firing at whichever wolf is still standing by the time I go - if both are still up, then at whichever one looks weaker.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] fire damage
Crit: [roll2]

Jacon
2016-11-18, 06:58 PM
The wolves start to flank Bismark, one limping badly while the other taking the lead. Suddenly pouring out from the church the rest of the party come charging out. "They know what happened here! Grab them!" Khaarg yells at the fleeing goblins who are crossing the drawbridge before noticing the wolf troubles in the courtyard.
"Go away beasts!"
Khaarg takes the lead chucking his javelin, it flies through the air and grazes the wounded wolf on it's hind leg. It whimpers in surprise just before Kaladin mace comes swinging down onto the creatures head. It collapses under the weight and when you pull your mace out from it's skull you notice squishy pink flesh comes away from the creatures shattered skull.
Zugg stomps up and takes a wild swing at the last standing wolf who nimbly dodges aside. Bismarks notices that the wolf has changed from leering eagerness to sudden rage at the lose of it's mate. It lunges at Zugg's ankle clumping down hard sending blood spurting and than pulling away sharply causing Zugg to fall on his back. With a growl the wolf starts to drag the barbarian away refusing to let go of his ankle.
Rolled another 19 for attack, 4+4+3 equals 11 damage to Zugg, you rolled a 4 for your strength check and failed to keep yourself from being knocked prone.
"Ah, ya lily-spittled pea-brained mangy mutts, what's the matter wit' ya?"
Bismark mutters a ancient incarnation and summons flames into his hands and chucks a handful at the wolf. Sadly his aim is off and it strikes the ground where it stays lit despite the hard dirt ground. Khaarg runs up to him drawing his rapier.

Zergrinch
2016-11-18, 08:36 PM
Zugg's bravado wavers as the wolf bites into his ankle. He's somewhat surprised that its teeth didn't break, but instead pierces his rock-hard skin. Still, kicking the animal off his ankle, the barbarian clambers into his feet, and rushes the animal with a ferocity worthy of the most fearsome goliath warriors.

Zugg Gathakanathi (raging)
AC 18, HP 8/15, HD 1d12
Rages 1/2, Javelins: 4/4

Stone's Endurance: You can focus yourself to occasionally shrug of injury. When you take damage, you can use your reaction to roll a d12. Add your CON modifier to the number rolled, and reduce the damage by that total (can do once every short or long rest).

REACTION: Stone's Endurance Damage Mitigation: [roll0]

MOVE: Stand up from prone.

BONUS ACTION: Enter Rage. For duration (1 minute or if it's ended early), Zugg has advantage on STR checks and saves, takes half damage from bludgeoning, piercing and slashing attacks, and has extra 2 damage on strength-based melee weapon attacks.

ACTION: Maul to the head: [roll1]. Hit: [roll2]. Crit: [roll3]

TheManicMonocle
2016-11-18, 09:15 PM
Kaladin, Aasimar Paladin

After dispatching the wolf, Kaladin pauses in dismay, regretting the necessity of violence. "Poor wolf," he mumbles sadly. Then he looks around and sees that Gruhash is wounded.

"The half-orc is down!" He shouts, jumping to his side. Kaladin gathers holy energy into his hands to heal the downed half-orc.

Kaladin will use his lay on hands ability to channel 5 hit points into Gruhash

BabyCthulhu
2016-11-18, 11:11 PM
Khaarg, Bugbear Paladin

Khaarg growls a little when he sees the dwarf spell miss the wolf, and rushes to aid Zugg get rid of the teeth pulling his leg, aiming his attack at the wolf's face. Khaarg runs at full speed at the wolf, stopping suddenly right before reaching him, and instead using the momentum to spin and make a thrusting precise attack with his twisted sword, streching his arm and gaining great reach from it.
He pulls back his sword just as swiftly, adopting a peculiar stance for defense and readiness for a creature that big.

Move to the wolf, stopping at 10' from him. (move)
Attacking with the rapier (Action) [roll0] Damage [roll1]

kornwiser
2016-11-19, 01:36 PM
"Och, can't believe I missed!" Bismarck launches another ball of flame at the wolf, aiming to finish it off.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] fire damage
Crit: [roll2]

tieren
2016-11-19, 08:35 PM
Gruhash, half-orc paladin

Gruhash stumbles to his feet trying to shake the images of the flames from his mind. The flames that consumed his company, the flames he always sees waiting between himself and his eternal slumber.

Thank you Kaladin

Gruhash steels himself, catches his Second Wind and picks up his axe.

[roll0]

Jacon
2016-11-19, 09:11 PM
The wolf tries to pull Zugg further away from the party when Khaarg charges up and does a graceful lunge attack that pierces through the wolf's ribs and out the other side. This fatal wound causes the wolf to release Zugg and snap at Khaarg. Zugg takes advantage of the moment and kicks the wolf hard in the face sending a tooth flying.
"Poor wolf," Kaladin mutters as the wolves fortune is quickly taking a turn for the worse before noting that his fallen comrades condition is far worse than he thought.
"The half-orc is down!"
As the wolf staggers Kaladin rushes to Gruhash's side and channels divine power into the half orcs wound causing them to stop bleeding and even seal a little.
Meanwhile Zugg stands up and swings his maul underhand and with all his strength. It connects hard into the wolfs chin shattering teeth. The creatures reels back, takes one step forward and than collapses with a final grunt.

Gruhash awakens from fiery nightmares and notes the Aasimar standing over him.
Thank you Kaladin

He says before standing up and catching his breath. With his wound sealed he is already starting to feel better.

Bismark summons another flame spirit into his hand but the wolf is already downed and he allows the flames to die out in his palm.

You all take a moment to catch your breath. Your able to note the largest buildings around you

(8) This large building has an ornate iron sign hanging above with the words "Nightstone inn." etched into it.

(7) This is a large barn and from within you can neighing and animal sounds. You also note a large hole in the roof

(9) The smallest of the large buildings the house has a unique circular door in the shape of a blue shield emblazoned with a golden lion sigul. You know this to a symbol of the Lionshield Coster a local trading company.. The door is open.

The goblins have long fled across the drawbridge and it's unlikely that you will catch up by foot.

Zergrinch
2016-11-19, 09:29 PM
The dire wolf had injured Zugg much more than he would care to admit. Gingerly favoring his good ankle, the Goliath takes one of the creature's fangs as a token. It was a strong foe, and Zugg has every intention to acknowledge its strength, and perhaps borrow some of it in the future.

BabyCthulhu
2016-11-20, 05:49 AM
Khaarg, Bugbear Paladin

Khaarg cleans his blade and seathes it, looking frustated for letting the goblins scape.
He turns to make a quick check on the others, and facing the dwarf he sais "You are brave Bismarck, most others would have asked for help. I guess you are used to see this kind of beasts. Are they from arround here? Do goblins ally with wolves arround this parts?" Khaarg is curious but also doesn't want bigger surprises.

"Well, I guess it's safe to assume this place was attacked and ransacked. Let's see if we can find and capture one of those goblins to interrogate them. I can speak with them." their accent was weird, but it was basically the same language as the one Khaarg knows.

"Should we check the next building together? Or would you want me to take a peek first?"

If you guys want to go together, I would suggest to visit the Inn or the Trading house.
If you want me to sneak to one of them, I would remove my chainmail first so I don't have disadvantage. (New AC 16) Stealth [roll0]

kornwiser
2016-11-20, 06:57 PM
"Those weren't wolves, no, much nastier beasts - Wargs. Never seen one meself but I've heard they're the preferred mounts of goblinfolk - least till they get tired o' bein' ordered around and eat their rider."

Bismarck walks over and pats Gruhash on the back. "Ye' alright, big man? Wish I coulda helped ya but I wanted ta make sure I wouldn't get mauled in the process."

He then turns back to Khaarg. "Well, I can hear some critters faffin' about inside that barn right there, if it'd help I could cast a spell and ask 'em if they saw what went on here."

TheManicMonocle
2016-11-20, 07:12 PM
Kaladin, Aasimar Paladin

Kaladin smiles at the half-orc, acknowledging his thanks before turning to the rest of the party.

"We should look for survivors," Kaladin says. "There might be people here who need help." He cleans the worst of the gore off his morningstar with a grimace and puts it away, leaving it in easy reach should he need it again.

BabyCthulhu
2016-11-20, 07:30 PM
Khaarg, Bugbear Paladin

Khaarg face lightens up after hearing Bismarck say "Well, I can hear some critters faffin' about inside that barn right there, if it'd help I could cast a spell and ask 'em if they saw what went on here." and answers immediatly "Well, if you can do that, go ahead. Those sure would be insteresting witnesses." Khaarg can't help but smile, looking forward to see the conversation between the dwarf and the animals.

tieren
2016-11-21, 09:26 AM

I agree with Kaladin, looking for survivors seems more important than interrogating livestock, I doubt they saw much in the barn anyway. I would guess survivors might have chosen to ride it out in the inn, perhaps we should start there?

BabyCthulhu
2016-11-21, 10:00 AM
Khaarg, Bugbear Paladin

"I think the villagers are long gone, but if we find any survivors while looking arround trying to figure out what happened here, they would be a priority." Khaarg looks arround, noticing the big hole in the middle of the square where the nightstone were supposed to be. "Anyway, I don't want to miss the dwarf making animal noises."

kornwiser
2016-11-21, 03:32 PM
Bismarck, Dwarven Druid

"Nay, it's fine. I ain't got much to work with so might as well save my magic for when we really need it. Though we've already made enough of a ruckus for a half-deaf cave troll to hear us comin' from a mile away, so I dinnae think there's much need for sneakin'. Why don't we check the inn, together?"

With a sudden realization, Bismarck smacks himself on the head. "By Moradin's beard, I forgot to mention in all this hubbub! Look at the damn hole where the stone should be, it's a massive footprint! That can only mean one thing, giants!"

Zergrinch
2016-11-21, 05:38 PM
Zugg, who has hitherto disinterested in learning about the welfare of the townsfolk or their livestock, perks up at the mention of the word "giants". A wild conclusion to be sure, but one that makes the hulking Goliath pay slightly more attention to the strange-talking puny fat little man.

TheManicMonocle
2016-11-22, 03:04 AM
Kaladin, Aasimar Paladin

"I think the danger is passed," says Kaladin. "Why don't we split up? We can cover more ground that way."

tieren
2016-11-22, 10:48 AM

Gruhash longs for the clear lines of military command. He is no general and just wants a leader to give him orders to carry out.

TheManicMonocle
2016-11-23, 02:39 AM
Kaladin, Aasimar Paladin

Kaladin relents. "On second thought, lets see what the livestock have to say, we can look for survivors after,"

Zergrinch
2016-11-23, 03:05 AM
Zugg scratches his head. Why does puny little man want to go to barn? To romance farm animals? Not one to judge someone's preferences, the Goliath shrugs and stomps along behind the dwarf.

tieren
2016-11-23, 09:01 AM

Gruhash accepts the decision to go speak to the meat. He does his best to help usher the party in that direction as a unit. Himself going slowly and keeping a keen eye for threats as he takes his normal position in the rear guard.

kornwiser
2016-11-23, 12:09 PM
"Alright, make way!" Bismarck cracks his fingers and neck as he strides forward into the barn, anxious for what he might find inside.

Jacon
2016-11-23, 01:35 PM
The group, after some minor debate, decides to investigate the stables. The group enters this barn which has a dirt floor. It's walls are covered in saddles and bits and pieces of riding equipment. Their are five stalls a piece on both the east and west walls and in these stalls are a mix of draft horses and riding horses who heads raise when you enter the barn. The whinny at you in a friendly manner and despite the large hole in the roof and the boulder laying amongst the roof rubble they seem calm and docile. Their are two ladders that lead up to a hayloft filled with hay.

Most of the group is either distracted by the animals or not paying close attention but Gruhash with his wary eye notes a little movement loft and peers closer to see a goblin attempting to hide in a pile of hay. For a strange moment the two lock eyes and than the goblins gives a squeal of fear and looses a arrow at the half orc. The arrow flies true and sinks deep into Gruhashs belly who is just not having a good day. With a grunt you fall to one knee badly hurt by the wall placed arrow.

despite his well placed shot the goblin flees to the back of the hayloft and disappears from sight.

Critical hit, 6+2+2 equals 10 points of damage to Gruhash who is just having the worse luck.
The goblin had prepared actions cause he heard your fight outside. That's why get a turn before anyone else

BabyCthulhu
2016-11-23, 03:10 PM
Khaarg, Bugbear Paladin

Khaarg hears the sound of the hay moving and suddenly the half-orc is on his knee, with and arrow on the stomach. "These little goblins you have arround here are a pain in the ass!"
He reaches one of the ladders and secure it with his body while trying to cover his head with his wrist shield. "I'll hold it so they can't push it, sombody climb there!"

TheManicMonocle
2016-11-23, 05:12 PM
Kaladin, Aasimar Paladin

"Wait!" Kaladin yells, holding out one hand to the party, the other to the hayloft. He pulls out a single days rations from his pack. "Goblin! Come down here and talk to us peacefully, I will give you this if you tell us what's going on here!" Kaladin holds up the food invitingly.

Persuasion check
[roll0]

Zergrinch
2016-11-23, 06:15 PM
Zugg says nothing. Instead, the Goliath picks up a big rock and tosses it at the haystack.

[roll0]. Don't know how much damage a rock makes, but eh...

P.S. Part of my intention in doing this is to give advantage to any future attempt to find or attack it. Presumably having a rock hurled in your direction will cause you to squeak out or something, if you fail a will save :)

kornwiser
2016-11-23, 08:57 PM
"Oh, for tha' love a'...Don't let it get away!" Bismarck scans the room to see if there are any other nasties hiding in wait.

[roll0]

tieren
2016-11-24, 08:33 PM
Gruhash pulls a torch from his pack and lights it. "Tell them they can come down, talk, eat, and leave, or burn, their choice."

Jacon
2016-11-24, 10:08 PM
Khaarg rushes forward and secures one of the ladders raising one arm to protect from a potential arrow.
Zugg on the other hand looks around for a stone to throw but doesn't find anything big enough since the stablehands kept a clean house for their horses. He goes for the next best thing and pulls a saddle off the wall and chucks it up into the hayloft. It makes a thunk sound but you don't hear anything else.
Bismark on guard now tries to spot any more ambushes but doesn't see anything else unusual.

"Wait! "Goblin! Come down here and talk to us peacefully, I will give you this if you tell us what's going on here!" Kaladin calls out and holds up some dried jerky to tempt the goblin.
Theirs a moment of silence and than the goblin says back that Kaladin doesn't understand.

" I should have put a arrow into you pointy ears! Hey big boss, Derp not want to die. Lemma go and I won't trouble you or your gang anymore. "

Gruhash meanwhile regains his footing and pulls a torch from his backpack and a steely look in his eyes,
"Tell them they can come down, talk, eat, and leave, or burn, their choice."

BabyCthulhu
2016-11-25, 05:36 AM
Khaarg, Bugbear Paladin

Khaarg translates to the group what the goblin said, and also translates the pyromaniac statement with his worst menacing voice. After looking directly at the bleeding half-orc he sais "Maybe we should try and not kill all this animals, and maybe starting a bigger fire?"

I'll try to use Intimidation or Persuasion to make the burning threat (I have +6 on both skills) [roll0]

TheManicMonocle
2016-11-25, 05:38 AM
Kaladin puts the jerky away and walks over to the door, closing it and standing infront of it to make sure the goblin won't escape. He pulls out his morningstar once again, but attempts to look on guard rather than overtly hostile.

Jacon
2016-11-25, 01:23 PM
Khaarg translates for the group and Kaladin moves back to pull the large barn doors close.
Khaarg translates his comrades words back to the goblin including the threat of being burned alive. Theirs a moment of silence and than the goblins head peeks out of the hayloft.
No burn. Derp come down and talk"
6 +6=12 for your intimidate roll. Not very high but this goblin know when he's deeply outmatched and outnumbered. DC was like 5.
Before the goblin comes down he throws his bow and three arrows down and a small dagger. They land at Khaargs feet.
The goblin comes down from the ladder nervously and it's obvious the presence of Bismark and Kaladin makes him uncomfortable. Not as nervous as Gruhash who is still clutching his stomach and holding a torch like a club. The goblin is carrying a small sack over his shoulder.
He approaches Khaarg and drops the sack at his feet and steps back refusing to look the bugbear in the face.
" Derp find gifts for big boss, Their nice and shiny, fun to throw. please don't hurt Derp."
The goblin quickly opens his sack and pulls a decorative wooden box with a broken lock. He opens it to reveal a velvet red lining inside with ten metal darts. Each one shines in the dim light and are masterfully made. Bismark can recognize the diligent and beautiful work of a dwarven smith and that the metal is pure silver. In the hands of the right buyer these could easily sell for 100 gold pieces.
Goblin reluctantly hands over the box to Khaarg
Derp was gonna keep for himself but you big boss....You should have....You no hurt Derp now?

TheManicMonocle
2016-11-25, 05:33 PM
Kaladin, Aasimar Paladin

"What's he saying?" Kaladin asks Khaarg. "Does he know what became of the nightstone? Or what happened to the villagers?"

BabyCthulhu
2016-11-25, 06:03 PM
Khaarg, Bugbear Paladin

Khaarg can't avoid a smile at the goblin's attitude. Big Boss, heh. He had been told before how bugbears and goblins coexist on this part of the world, but to actually be part of it was quite the experience.

Khaarg translates everything at Kaladin's request, and then asks the goblin "Tell us what happened here. Where are the villagers? Where is the big black stone? When did you get here? How many of you are here? Where is your leader?" Khaarg kneels near the goblin and whispers "And don't lie, the dwarf eats liars."

Assume I translate everything spoken in goblin.
Also, Do I need another roll? Or is one roll enough for the whole interrogation?
In case I do: [roll0]

Jacon
2016-11-25, 06:37 PM
"Tell us what happened here. Where are the villagers? Where is the big black stone? When did you get here? How many of you are here? Where is your leader?" Khaarg kneels near the goblin and whispers "And don't lie, the dwarf eats liars."

The goblin Derp gulps nervously and his big buggy eyes dart fearfully from Bismark, Kaladin and than back to Khaarg,
" All the people who lived here fled into our caves. Big bos-....I mean little boss Hark captured them all and put them into the bat hunting hole. Little boss Hark told us the villagers were all gone from the village and that we were to go and gather all the foodstuffs and bring it to Nob and Thog. He also said bring all the shiny good stuff to him."
At this the goblin sticks out his tongue.
" Hark never share, he not a good leader. always eating and bossing. He want back to the caves a hours ago with most of the warriors. He told Derp, "go round up the big ridey human beasts for eating" But Derp pull and punch but beasties don't want to go."
At this the goblin rubs his bare chest which you notice has a large purple bruise growing on it.

"Derp been in here trying to think of way to keep little boss Hark happy when you came. Derp not sure how many goblins left. Derp not know anything about a Nightstone. Derp swear!"

Zergrinch
2016-11-25, 10:40 PM
"WHERE BAT HUNTING HOLE?" Zugg growled.

Jacon
2016-11-26, 11:28 AM
" Bat Hunting hole is back at the caves. Derp can show you if you don't eat Derp."

Zergrinch
2016-11-26, 12:03 PM
"ZUGG NO EAT MEAT. BUT ZUGG SMASH IF YOU LIE." the gargantuan Goliath grouses, glowering over the goblin.

Jacon
2016-11-26, 12:30 PM
Derp Fearfully puts Khaarg between him and the huge giant threatening him.

tieren
2016-11-26, 01:29 PM
Gruhash extinguishes the torch in a bucket of water by one of the horse stalls. Removes the arrow from his gut and looks for something to bandage the wound.

kornwiser
2016-11-26, 03:36 PM
Bismarck turns to the group. "Well, we know where the villagers be, now, don't we? I suppose we can't just go lettin' em die in this Bat Hunting hole, whatever it may be. I say we get the goblin to lead us there."

He then turns to Derp and asks in Goblin, "Tell me, food, why does Hark call it the Bat Hunting Hole?"

BabyCthulhu
2016-11-26, 05:10 PM
Khaarg, Bugbear Paladin

"Answer his questions Derp." sais Khaarg, surprised that the dwarf speaks goblin too. Well, maybe he can actually speak with animals then.

Khaarg ponders what to do with Derp before making him lead them to the cave, after all, he still wants to search the rest of the village and the boulders are still a mistery. Can the goblin leader summon them? Are they petrified villagers?
Then Khaarg notices Derp called the Nightstone by it's name. Does he know something else?

What skill does one roll to try and tell if someone is lying? Insight? [roll0]

Jacon
2016-11-26, 05:27 PM
"Tell me, food, why does Hark call it the Bat Hunting Hole?"
" Cause it's full of bats, it's fun. You take a stone, make a loud noise and bats come out! We chuck stones at them till we have enough to stew! Theirs a ledge in the hole, that's where Hark stuck the villagers. Derp tell him, " No, no we should let the good nice humans go", but Hark mean, he beat poor Derp. Derp can help you if you don't eat Derp."

Khaarg feels like Derp is exaggerating his protest of keeping the villagefolk but seems to be telling the truth with everything else.

Bit of a dm mistake. I thought you called the stone by name when questioning Derp. I should have double checked. Derp knows nothing about the nightstone

TheManicMonocle
2016-11-26, 07:05 PM
Kaladin, Aasimar Paladin

Kaladin puts away his weaponry and moves out of the way of the door, preparing to follow the party to the bat-cave.

think we'll find bruce in the bat cave? Lol

Zergrinch
2016-11-26, 08:43 PM
Zugg follows the goblin's lead. Every time the creature looks his way, the Goliath grins and punches his hand with his other hand, plainly indicating what is in store if they are led to an ambush.

Assuming this counts as light activity during a short rest, Zugg spends a hit die to regain [roll0] hit points.

tieren
2016-11-26, 11:06 PM
Gruhash, half orc fighter.

Gruhash suggests he needs a short rest and it might be worthwhile for the rest of the party to check a couple more buildings while he takes a break.

kornwiser
2016-11-27, 06:30 PM
"Aye, take a break, Gruhash. What say we check out the inn an' tradin' house while ye rest up?"

TheManicMonocle
2016-11-28, 12:31 AM
Kaladin, Aasimar Paladin

Kaladin hesitates, torn between his paladin nature and good strategy. On one hand he wants to go save the villagers immediately; After all, light knows what might be happening in that bat cave.

On the other hand, he knows that going into certain danger with a wounded man is a recipe for disaster, and dead men can't save anyone, no matter their intentions.

"Sounds good." Kaladin reluctantly agrees, and prepares to follow the rest of the party to the inn.

tieren
2016-11-28, 08:48 AM

Gruhash watches the rest of the party head off towards the inn, then takes a seat on a bale of hay to tend to his wounds and take some rations and water.

[roll0]

Jacon
2016-11-28, 05:11 PM
Gruhash sits back and watches as the rest of the group heads in the direction of the Nightstone inn along with Derp. He takes a seat on a nice bay of hay and starts to bandage his wound. When he finishes the final tie he hears a timid meow and looking up you see a cat peeking out from the door and looking at you.

The rest of the group (?) enters the inn. The first room is obviously the dining room and it is in a poor state. A boulder lies in the center of the room where it has paunch through the roof and second level of the building. It's wrecked several nice tables and chairs which lay splintered underneath it.
To one side you see a goblin lying on the ground. A bolt has pierced his thin chest and he is not moving. Derp eyes the body warily.
" Bokie....Never liked Bokie, always eating the best mushrooms....."

Their is a door to the left and from it you can rummaging sounds and clashing of pots. Their is also a stairway leading upwards to the second level of the inn.

I decided to move things along, if you didn't want to go to the inn you can write as if you went elsewhere and i'll edit it.

BabyCthulhu
2016-11-28, 05:24 PM
Khaarg, Bugbear Paladin

"Derp, if more of your friends are arround here, could you convince them not to fight us? I don't want to kill them if possible." sais Khaarg trying not to sound weak.
Khaarg inspects the arrow on Bokie's chest, trying to discern it's origin.

After that, he tries to move stealthy to the door and have a peek inside.

Is the arrow a goblin arrow? Can I see where is was shot from?
Stealth (with armor disadvantage) [roll0] [roll1]

Jacon
2016-11-28, 05:38 PM
" Derp can try but Derp doesn't have any friends, Other goblins think Derp is stupid cause Derp talks about himself in the third person. Derp just trying to sound unique...."

All you can tell about the arrow is that it's a bolt from a crossbow, not a arrow from a bow.

I'll wait for everyone else before posting what you see in that door.

Zergrinch
2016-11-28, 09:27 PM
Zugg reluctantly follows the rest of the group to the inn. While he personally believes that the puny humans should be rescued before they die punily, his punier colleagues need to recover their puny strength.

Trying to distract his thoughts from puny teammates, the Goliath stomps over to the boulder in the middle of the room, and examines it.

Investigation! [roll0].

TheManicMonocle
2016-11-28, 09:39 PM
Kaladin uses the light cantrip on his shield to grant the party better vision in the inn. He then stands ready for a fight, shield and morningstar out, leaving the investigating to the rest of the party.

kornwiser
2016-11-30, 07:17 PM
Bismarck follows closely behind Khaarg, ready to conjure up a flame for anything nasty that may be lurking in the kitchen.

[roll0]

Jacon
2016-12-01, 05:04 PM
Zugg starts the group off by walking up to the boulder and slamming his head into it in an attempt to "examine it" Surprisingly the boulder chips a little and Zugg seems unhurt but no further information is gathered.
Kaladin casts a minor light spell on his shield giving a eerie white glow to your surroundings.
Khaarg and Bismark slowly approach the door and open it to reveal a kitchen. Flour had been scattered across the floor, pots and pans lay abandoned on the ground. Shelves have been pulled apart and dishes broken in hundreds of pieces. In the middle of it all is a small she goblin with her ugly mattered hair in a bun on her head and several warts covering her arms. She is standing in front of a cupboard and is stuffing cheese into her mouth as fast as she can. Her cheeks are bulging and she seems unaware of your presence. Next to to her lies a sack that is full of something.

TheManicMonocle
2016-12-02, 04:12 AM
Kaladin, seeing that the party has stopped at the edge of the kitchen, sneaks forward a little to guard their backs.

Zergrinch
2016-12-02, 04:37 AM
Zugg stomps into the kitchen, curious as to what had caused his compatriots to pause there.

BabyCthulhu
2016-12-03, 08:06 AM
Khaarg, Bugbear Paladin

Khaarg watches incredulous as the goliath stomps past them when they were trying to sneak. "Wait..." it's all he could whisper before he was already inside.
"I bet he has pebbles inside that head."
Khaarg moves behind him, protecting the doorway in case the she-goblin tries to escape.

kornwiser
2016-12-04, 01:05 AM
Bismarck rolls his eyes at the lumbering goliath. Well, if ya can't beat em...

He rushes into the room after Zugg, shouting in Goblin, "Alright, ya mangy thief, stop right in yar tracks and don't move, lest ye want yer brain turned to mush by this big fella!"

[roll0]

Zergrinch
2016-12-04, 06:39 AM
Zugg doesn't know what the short puny one just shouted out, but just in case it was a call to arms, he takes out a javelin and aims it towards the intruder.

Ready action. If Goblin attempts to attack anyone, kill it first with Javelin throw.

Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Critical Hit: [roll2]

Jacon
2016-12-04, 11:41 AM
Khaarg and Bismark were about to sneak further in when Zugg suddenly pushes them aside. Khaarg only has time to whisper "Wait.." before the giant goliath has shoved his way inside. The goblin turns upon hearing the large footsteps and her eyes go wide. Huge globs of cheese fall out of her mouth as she stares stunned at the threatening giant.
Bismark seeing stealth out the window attempts to threaten the goblin.
"Alright, ya mangy thief, stop right in yar tracks and don't move, lest ye want yer brain turned to mush by this big fella!"
The appearance of the dwarf fires the goblin into action who grabs her overstuffed bag hoisting it on her back and attempts to run past everyone as she flees. Zugg reaches to grab the smaller creature but slips on some jelly that has been scattered on the floors and falls on his ass. As the goblin attempts to run past Khaarg he reaches out and yanks at the bag jerking the goblin off her feet and she falls heavily on the floor. The bugbear than places one foot on her chest to keep her in place. She starts screeching as loud as she can in goblin.

"BOSS LET ME GO! I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING LEMMMA GO LEMMMA GO LEMMA GO!!!"

I took a little freedom and allowed you guys to make grapple checks while she flees past you. If this is something you didn't want to do let me know and i'll change it. Zugg rolled a 1 hence him falling

Zergrinch
2016-12-04, 11:49 AM
Wanting to salvage what remains of his dignity, Zugg wipes the jelly off his foot, and stomps towards the goblin.

"NOISY!" he growled, as he sends one gigantic foot crashing to the floor a mere two inches from the wailing goblin's face.

TheManicMonocle
2016-12-04, 05:22 PM
Kaladin, Aasimar Paladin

Kaladin winces."Be nice to the goblin," He says to the goliath. "It was just eating cheese," he continues, feeling sorry for the terrified little goblin.

BabyCthulhu
2016-12-04, 05:39 PM
Khaarg, Bugbear Paladin

"Shush!" sais Khaarg to the goblin on a commanding tone.
"It looks to me that this goblins are being forced to do this stealing. I don't know how you treat them over this places, but in my hometown we don't support slavery." Khaarg looks at the others, waiting for their reactions. "I don't think this goblins have made any harm. Their bosses captured the fleeing villagers and then sent them to rampage the ghost town." Khaarg looks at the she-goblin for a second, pondering.
"I propose capturing all the goblins that remain on the village, throw them into a cart, interrogate them about the bosses and their forces, and try to free the villagers. I think them would be the best answers to what happened here."

Everything the goblin say I translate, so everyone can speak to her if they want.

Have we seen some kind of cart that we could use to transport and retain the captured goblins? If not, maybe we can tie them together. I suppose we can find ropes somewhere in the village.

Jacon
2016-12-04, 09:49 PM
Zugg, grumpy after his embarrassing misfall stands up and angrily stomps his feet a mere inch away from the pinned goblin who gives one last shriek before falling silent in fear.
"NOISY!" He growls and the goblin gives a timid whimper.
"Be nice to the goblin, It was just eating cheese," Kaladin says wincing at his savage friends actions.
"Shush!" Khaarg says before turning to his comrades.
"It looks to me that this goblins are being forced to do this stealing. I don't know how you treat them over this places, but in my hometown we don't support slavery.I don't think this goblins have made any harm. Their bosses captured the fleeing villagers and then sent them to rampage the ghost town.I propose capturing all the goblins that remain on the village, throw them into a cart, interrogate them about the bosses and their forces, and try to free the villagers. I think them would be the best answers to what happened here.

While Khaarg is saying this Derp starts to go through the other goblins sack. He pulls out a several muffins that smell incredible, a block of cheese, a cooked chicken, a pot which he promptly places on his head as a makeshift helmet and a frying pan which he holds onto with one hand. He also finds a bullseye lantern, two flasks of oil, a set of cooks utensils, A jar of cloves (worth 1 sp) A jar of saffron (worth 1 gp)
a dented silver jug (worth 20 gp.) and a cracked hourglass (worth 25 gp if repaired.)

Derp grabs the silver jug and offers it to Khaarg.
" Hey big boss look what I found for you!"
The other goblin turns her head and cries out.
" DERP NO! THAT'S MINE!"
Derp sticks his tongue at the pinned goblin.
"Nahah It's big boss's now Gum-Gum."
He also takes a big bite out of one of the muffins and scrunches his face up with delicious joy.

You do recall that their is a abandoned cart in the courtyard

Zergrinch
2016-12-05, 03:01 AM
Zugg looks a little bewildered. He turns to the bugbear, confusion written large on his face.

"WHY THEY FIGHT YOU AND NOW CALL BOSS? ZUGG NO UNDERSTAND."

TheManicMonocle
2016-12-05, 07:58 PM
Kaladin, Aasimar Paladin

Kaladin is struck by an idea. "Hey, so.." he pauses, unsure how to word his idea without sounding offensive. "Khaarg, you know bugbears are usually..." he pauses again. "Well... meaner?" he winces, worried he had just offended Khaarg. He continues, much quicker than before to try and get it all out, "Bugbears sometimes lead goblins you see and maybe you can make the goblins follow your lead! Then we wouldn't need to capture them." He stops abruptly, a hand going over his mouth. He continues, lowering his hand cautiously, "Not to generalize or anything of course, clearly you're not... uh..." he concludes, praying to Ilmater he hadn't just insulted his new group-mate.

BabyCthulhu
2016-12-06, 04:48 AM
Khaarg, Bugbear Paladin

Khaarg watches Kaladin trying not to sound offensive with delight "Hah! Relax Kaladin, I've seen how the people arround me treat me in this lands. And judging by this goblins, their culture is very barbaric yet. Not to say that my homeland goblins are much better." Khaarg ponders while scratching his chin. "I guess we could try. But I've never seen myself as a leader."

Khaarg looks at the sky for a couple of seconds, then looks down to Gum-Gum with the meaniest face he could think of "Look at me. I'm the boss now."

Intimidate? [roll0]

Jacon
2016-12-06, 04:51 PM
Khaarg puts on his meanest face, which isn't that impressive or mean looking at says.
"Look at me. I'm the boss now."
Gun-Gum who has been spending her time trying to wiggle free of Khaargs boot finally stops, let's out a big sigh and says.
" Ok You big boss. Can I get up now?

BabyCthulhu
2016-12-06, 05:44 PM
Khaarg, Bugbear Paladin

Khaarg, secretly sweating thinks to himself this doesn't suit me at all before steping aside and letting Gum-Gum stand up.

I don't want to hog the action.

TheManicMonocle
2016-12-06, 08:29 PM
Kaladin grins "Good! If we can get them to follow us we can avoid killing them." Kaladin feels much better about this peaceable solution. "Now lets collect Gruhash and avaunt to the cave."

Zergrinch
2016-12-08, 09:35 AM
Zugg follows the strange entourage as Derp leads them to the cave. He is exceedingly confused and is suppressing an urge to smash both goblins and the bugbear to alleviate his confusion.

Jacon
2016-12-10, 06:12 PM
The group decides to eschew searching the rest of the inn and regroup so they might venture towards the caves. The depart and head to the stables to rejoin Gruhash. As they get close they notice a creature peeking it's head into the stable. At first glance you would think it was a ordinary farm cat but on it's back are large eagle like wings that stretch across it's hindquarters. As you walk up the creature turns around and spots the goblins who suddenly give joyful chase. The cat lets out a timid meow before taking flight and soaring to the stables roof where it's gone from sight. Both Derp and Gum-Gum seem disappointed they didn't catch it.

The group rejoins each other but before any talking can be done you suddenly hear a low almost mournful trumpet sound coming from the castle. Gruhash with his military experience recognizes the sound. He's heard only a few times on the battlefield, it's the horn call signal that a lord or battle commander has died.

Zergrinch
2016-12-10, 08:43 PM
"WHAT THAT?!" Zugg asks the goblins, pointing to the creature they tried to catch.

"WHAT THAT???" Zugg asks again, after a fashion, after Gruhash's face visibly darkens at the dirge that just played.

Jacon
2016-12-10, 09:16 PM
When the question about the cat is translated the goblins merely shrug their shoulders.
"Derp thinks its a cat, but with wings! Wings are best part of bat to be eaten, Derp Bet cat wings are even tastier!"

TheManicMonocle
2016-12-11, 02:46 AM
"Did that cat have... did it just... did you guys see...," Kaladin is flabbergasted by what he just saw. Finally he settles on "Did you guys see that cat?!" After he picks his jaw up off the floor he enters the barn where Gruhash had been resting.

tieren
2016-12-12, 09:55 AM
Gruhash, half-orc, fighter

Welcome back, I see our collection of goblins is growing. Those trumpets, I recognize the call a lord or commander has died. There must be non-goblin survivors that sounded them.

Zergrinch
2016-12-12, 10:44 AM
"SOME BIG SHOT DIE?" Zugg sniffs. "PUNY BIG SHOT."

TheManicMonocle
2016-12-13, 05:53 AM
"I can't help but agree with Zugg in this case," says Kaladin. "I don't see that it matters if a local lord has died, we need to save the villagers."

kornwiser
2016-12-13, 02:48 PM
After a long silence, Bismarck speaks his mind, caring not for the trifles of human nobles. "Agreed. Those tight-panted sissies can handle their own funerals. Let's get a move on before we have to worry about diggin' a mass grave for these poor folk."

TheManicMonocle
2016-12-13, 08:29 PM
"Then it's decided!" says Kaladin. "Let's go save the villagers." Kaladin moves to leave the stables and head towards the captured villagers, and will continue towards the cave if the party follows.

Zergrinch
2016-12-13, 11:53 PM
As the party travel to that cave, Zugg growls at the goblins.

REMEMBER. LIE AND ZUGG SMASH.

Jacon
2016-12-14, 07:16 PM
The group leaves the town of Nightstones and heads out towards what Derp calls the Dripping Caves. it takes about one hour before the caves come into view. The cave is set into a giant hill. It's mouth is massive and from what you can see leads into a large cavern though from your current distance you can't really peer in to see what inside.
Outside the caves mouth is a wagon loaded with boxes. You notice a large amount of flies circling the wagon and several of the boxes appear to be open although you can't see whats within from here.

Derp and Gum-Gum have been oddly silent and nervous on the venture here. Gum-Gum seems resentful of being pulled into this party while Derp is near attached to Khaargs leg and is never far from the bugbear.

What do you do?

Zergrinch
2016-12-14, 07:53 PM
Zugg stomps towards the wagon to take a closer look.

Investigation: [roll0]

TheManicMonocle
2016-12-14, 10:43 PM
Kaladin follows the goliath, five feet behind with shield and spiked-mace at the ready. He glances at the wagon in a cursory manner for a second, before returning his eyes to the cave mouth, keeping himself ready should Zugg be attacked.

tieren
2016-12-15, 11:10 AM
Gruhash focuses not on the cave mouth but on the area outside it, looking for obvious locations of snipers or sentries.

kornwiser
2016-12-15, 12:34 PM
Bismarck, Dwarven Druid

Bismarck looks down at Derp as they approach and speaks to him in Goblin. "Hey, food. This be the Bat hunting hole? How many a' yer kin be here? Are they well guarded?"

He plucks a berry off a branch sticking out of his robes and munches on it as he waits for a response.

I'd also like to make a check to see if I can determine anything about the nature of this cave, how deep it goes, whether it's natural or artificial, etc. Not sure if that'd be Nature or History or straight Intelligence, and if it's History, I'd potentially get double proficiency bonus on it (Double proficiency bonus on History checks related to stonework)

Jacon
2016-12-15, 07:23 PM
Zugg with his long legs strides ahead outpacing the others as he walks up to the wagon and peers inside. The small wooden crates are open and inside you can see dozens upon dozens of rotting bats. Theirs also makeshift baskets that contain brown mushrooms and more dead bats. Their is also a large dead rat who is rotting but seems to have a purple moss growing in it's hair. It smells terrible and even the mighty Zugg finds himself feeling a little sick by smelling it.

Kaladin closely follows behind him with his shield and mace ready. As he gets closer he can hear some kind of creature bellowing from the cave and the party tenses up ready for something large to emerge from the cave but nothing appears. The bellowing continues though and as you listen you start to notice a pattern in the roaring.

Bismark who is well versed in the language of the large and brutish knows that this is a ogre bathing song. It's awfully off-key (which is normal for ogre music.) and theirs less lyrics than just plain howling. You also wince a little thinking about the things that ogres are known to bath in. (manure mostly.)

Gruhash warily peers about the hills looking for other enemies. None are spotted.

Bismark turns to the goblins. Gum-Gum seems bored and is picking her nose, Derp is cowering behind Khaarg. The singing seems to have unnerved him a little.
"Hey, food. This be the Bat hunting hole? How many a' yer kin be here? Are they well guarded?"
Gum-Gum inspects a booger before flicking it at the dwarf. It narrowly misses and she shrugs.
" Bat hunting hole is deeper in." She says before starting to count her fingers.
" This many." She says raising four fingers.
"No!" Derp says from behind Khaarg. " Theirs this many." and he raises two fingers.
Gum-Gum starts to count her fingers again and than just sighs loudly.
" Maybe" she says giving up on counting.

" Theirs big rocks inside, Hark always puts warriors to watch atop them. Anyone comes in they shoot with arrows.

I think you would roll a nature check.

Zergrinch
2016-12-16, 07:28 AM
Zugg stomps to the entrance, curious as to the gutteral sounds he has been hearing. Conversant as he is in Giant, the Goliath strains his ears to see if he can make out a word or two of the song.

Perception: [roll0]

TheManicMonocle
2016-12-18, 02:39 AM
Kaladin continues to shadow the goliath, watching his back incase of ambush.

tieren
2016-12-20, 01:23 PM
Gruhash awaits the druids orders for how to proceed.

Jacon
2016-12-22, 12:46 PM
Zugg and a few others venture closer to the caves mouth and peer in. To one side you can see a massive creature, it's belly the size of a barrel and it's massive arms the size of small tree trunks. It seems to be bathing in a large pool of mud, it's back is towards you and from it you can hear the awful singing. Ogre bathing songs don't really have lyrics so theirs no words to translate for Zugg,

You can also see a large ledge on the cave wall. On it you can see a goblin leaning on his bow and scratching his bottom. He does not appear to notice you for the moment.

Straight ahead their appears to be a circle of boulders and stone.

The cavern seems quite big but you'll have to go deeper in to see more of it.

Zergrinch
2016-12-23, 09:08 AM
Zugg looks at a kindred spirit who's even more massive as he is. Inflating his chest, the Goliath prepares to speak to the Ogre in the Giant tongue...