PDA

View Full Version : is there a way to get Ring of the Ram w/o the ring?

Neowulf
2016-11-13, 07:08 PM
I've been watching a campaign on youtube & one of the characters apparently has the ability to use something he calls "Winter's Bite" (haven't found ANY mention of it on any other source)& described it as using Ring of the Ram infinitely

he seems to be around 12th level, uses levels in Knight, and mostly fights using a Shield made of Force that he has come out of a Ring

so, any thoughts on what this character would be using? or a way to get a similar ability/

Coretron03
2016-11-13, 08:07 PM
Custom magic item rules? For double the price of ring of the ram you could have it slotless (great mental image BTW, small cow floating around your head and then turns huge and charge the terget) and charges people, or for 50% more it could be in another slot. As for infinite use, I am pretty sure the table covers this, let me check.

Edit: as it has 50 charges by treating it as a wand you could times the price by 2.4 and get it on command words instead of charges

nyjastul69
2016-11-13, 08:26 PM
I've been watching a campaign on youtube & one of the characters apparently has the ability to use something he calls "Winter's Bite" (haven't found ANY mention of it on any other source)& described it as using Ring of the Ram infinitely

he seems to be around 12th level, uses levels in Knight, and mostly fights using a Shield made of Force that he has come out of a Ring

so, any thoughts on what this character would be using? or a way to get a similar ability/

I would suggest asking him directly what his character build is.

barakaka
2016-11-13, 09:01 PM
I can't say as far as the Ring of the Ram effect, but I can bet that the other effect is coming from a Ring of Force Shield (SRD). Pretty cool with an Incarnate using Incarnate Weapon soulmeld to create a soul-sword and the Crystal Helm soulmeld to make swinging your sword a force attack.

Keep in mind that you can't really upgrade these abilities besides through DM fiat.

Neowulf
2016-11-14, 04:19 AM
I would suggest asking him directly what his character build is.

I tried with another one. they hate giving out their character sheets

weckar
2016-11-14, 07:40 AM
Those who don't want to give out information usually have something to hide.

Mordaedil
2016-11-14, 08:25 AM
Or just don't like strangers looking at things they consider personal?