PDA

View Full Version : Dont **** with the whitemage.

Sariel Vailo
2016-11-13, 08:37 PM
in my campaighn for relatively new players theri was a kid who threatend my character. a cg drow paladin of vengence.he wanted heals and threatend me now i have a thing i do when im roleplaying i call it "drow urrges" its when i think about all the wayss i could kill him and the body never be found. mind you look at the title i was the groups only healer.our druid wasnt their that day and our clric died. so ahem fellow playgrounders if you feel like i feel repost the quote "DONT **** WITH THE WHITE MAGE"

Sigreid
2016-11-13, 09:18 PM
Wow, your shifting fonts was really annoying.

Yes, people should realize if they choose to be disliked by the healer they have no room to complain if the healer has better uses for their spell slots than healing them.

Douche
2016-11-13, 09:31 PM
This is too cool. I'm all about this, yo. Fool suckas don't even have any comprehension of the white Mage powah. If you a real healer throw your hands up, join the cool kids club. Yeh, yeh!

Laughingdagger
2016-11-13, 09:35 PM
What is a white Mage in dnd?

Sigreid
2016-11-13, 09:37 PM
What is a white Mage in dnd?

I'm assuming it's just a short hand for characters with healing magic.

Draco4472
2016-11-13, 09:56 PM
If your character doesn't want to heal, don't heal. Let them learn what it means to **** with a Drow. Slip something into their meals to give them the poisoned condition, provide yourself the comforts of healing spells while you slowly make their days worse and worse without their knowledge, until they are begging, starved for the power of your god, praising you as their bane and savior.

At least that's how I'd play an evil Drow.

Mellack
2016-11-14, 11:06 AM
Too annoying to read the OP with their odd text.

Parties can get by without a healer if they try. All characters can heal on a short rest. If you do not want to heal, then don't.

MrStabby
2016-11-14, 12:51 PM
I knew I should have prepared Comprehend Languages this morning.

JakOfAllTirades
2016-11-14, 01:54 PM
I knew I should have prepared Comprehend Languages this morning.

Thread. Won.

JackOfAllBuilds
2016-11-14, 05:01 PM
in my campaign for relatively new players there was a kid who threatened my character. a cg drow paladin of vengence.
he wanted heals and threatened me...now i have a thing i do when im roleplaying, i call it "drow urges"
its when i think about all the ways i could kill him and the body never be found.
i was the groups only healer. our druid wasnt there that day and our cleric died. so ahem fellow playgrounders if you feel like i feel repost the quote "DONT **** WITH THE WHITE MAGE"

There we go. I fixed the size, the horrible spelling, the mind-bending syntax...
If you can't write properly, maybe you need to calm down

But yes, rule of thumb is Don't mess with the healer

Alejandro
2016-11-14, 05:19 PM
in my campaighn for relatively new players theri was a kid who threatend my character. a cg drow paladin of vengence.he wanted heals and threatend me now i have a thing i do when im roleplaying i call it "drow urrges" its when i think about all the wayss i could kill him and the body never be found. mind you look at the title i was the groups only healer.our druid wasnt their that day and our clric died. so ahem fellow playgrounders if you feel like i feel repost the quote "DONT **** WITH THE WHITE MAGE"

It appears the party bard has had their way with your statement.

Ashrym
2016-11-14, 06:33 PM
It's a mistake to expect any spell caster to have prepared or learned healing spells. Damage mitigation tends to be more efficient and healing is readily available by buying potions or taking a short rest to spend hit dice.

It's also a mistake to think anyone's "healer" or "white mage" is needed or important to the party for the same reason.

The party is there to work together. The scenario in the OP doesn't give that same impression of the players.

RickAllison
2016-11-14, 10:35 PM
It's a mistake to expect any spell caster to have prepared or learned healing spells. Damage mitigation tends to be more efficient and healing is readily available by buying potions or taking a short rest to spend hit dice.

It's also a mistake to think anyone's "healer" or "white mage" is needed or important to the party for the same reason.

The party is there to work together. The scenario in the OP doesn't give that same impression of the players.

I think the bigger problem is when the person enters combat with the expectation of having a healer because the caster chooses to be so. When the status quo for the party is that the bard or cleric pops a Healing Word to get fallen allies up, it would be quite vexing to find that the party is retreating and the Bard simply isn't using Healing Word...

It isn't that the white Mage is necessary or that it should be expected, but that someone who has chosen that position simply chooses to triage that PC.

Ashrym
2016-11-15, 12:13 AM
I think the bigger problem is when the person enters combat with the expectation of having a healer because the caster chooses to be so. When the status quo for the party is that the bard or cleric pops a Healing Word to get fallen allies up, it would be quite vexing to find that the party is retreating and the Bard simply isn't using Healing Word...

It isn't that the white Mage is necessary or that it should be expected, but that someone who has chosen that position simply chooses to triage that PC.

If the bard was using healing word and stops he might not be being a team player either.

Or he might. It depends on what the bard is doing with those slots instead. If the paladin says "healz" and the bard casts sleep to prevent further damage from the attacker then the bard is doing the right thing because it's more efficient to prevent damage than to heal it and the party takes a short rest after, the paladin spends hit dice and song of rest heals the paladin mors anyway without the slit cost.

If the bard is just being obstinate to make a point we are back at the bard being in the wrong.

We don't know both sides of the OP's story. My point is both players need to be team players and one played doesn't have the right to make demands of the either, which works both ways.

RickAllison
2016-11-15, 12:38 AM
If the bard was using healing word and stops he might not be being a team player either.

Or he might. It depends on what the bard is doing with those slots instead. If the paladin says "healz" and the bard casts sleep to prevent further damage from the attacker then the bard is doing the right thing because it's more efficient to prevent damage than to heal it and the party takes a short rest after, the paladin spends hit dice and song of rest heals the paladin mors anyway without the slit cost.

If the bard is just being obstinate to make a point we are back at the bard being in the wrong.

We don't know both sides of the OP's story. My point is both players need to be team players and one played doesn't have the right to make demands of the either, which works both ways.

That's... The entire point of it. It is a post about why you shouldn't simultaneously rely on that PC for healing you at the worst of times while also deliberately ticking them off. There is no intention to justify those actions as team-focused or beneficial. It is simply a reminder that antagonizing a fellow adventurer means that when it comes to triage, the antagonist gets stuck far at the bottom.

This is not about whether the OP was right or wrong, or whether it was a team-focused thing to do. This was simply an amusing story. No questions, just statements. Did you even read the OP?

Ashrym
2016-11-15, 01:45 AM
Did you even read the OP?

Yes. Did you even read my comment that it's only one side of the story? Or does it bother you if someone points out that a person should be check his or her expectations of others?

RickAllison
2016-11-15, 02:13 AM
Yes. Did you even read my comment that it's only one side of the story? Or does it bother you if someone points out that a person should be check his or her expectations of others?

Yes, it is one side of the story. No claims were made to it being a proper course of action for the situation, and the OP seemed to even lean towards the idea that he was in the wrong there, especially given his use of the phrase "drow urges" and describing the unpleasant details of that. It was just a (poorly written) series of statements about what occurred. The other side would certainly narrate the conflict leading up to it differently, but the facts would be the same:

Other PC slighted the OP -> Other healers were dead or missing -> OP let the other PC die. The situation around the PC threatening the paladin could use some explanation, but it changes absolutely nothing. Maybe the PC had good reason to threaten the paladin, but it doesn't change the fact that doing so when said paladin holds your life in his hands is a very foolish decision.

Sariel Vailo
2016-11-15, 09:49 PM
]He only threatend me as the paladin. for i healed the barbarian in the newest module, buti ran ou of lay on hands and cure wounds. at the time the cleric of tempest only threatend me for, in the middle of the fight i had one healing capability left.
MEDICINE SKILL. He didnt like my answer[/SIZE]

Ashrym
2016-11-15, 10:22 PM
]He only threatend me as the paladin. for i healed the barbarian in the newest module, buti ran ou of lay on hands and cure wounds. at the time the cleric of tempest only threatend me for, in the middle of the fight i had one healing capability left.

Why are you messing with font size?

Theodoxus
2016-11-15, 10:30 PM
I've resigned myself to only playing healers in groups. Sure, I'll play a rogue or druid for the stealth when soloing content, but much prefer knowing I'm going to be ok when traveling with morons.

Mellack
2016-11-16, 12:21 AM
Sariel, please take the time to write with proper spelling and capitalization. Use a normal font. Proofread. If you are not willing to take the time to put up a clear post, people are not going to give it much consideration. Just some friendly advice.

Arkhios
2016-11-16, 03:59 AM
He only threatend me as the paladin. for i healed the barbarian in the newest module, buti ran ou of lay on hands and cure wounds. at the time the cleric of tempest only threatend me for, in the middle of the fight i had one healing capability left.
MEDICINE SKILL. He didnt like my answer

Geez, chill out! We understand you have grudge against your co-players or their characters but there is little we can do about it. Seriously, quit that childish rage of yours. It's only a game, not worth getting yourself mad about it. If you have issue with the other player(s), talk to them. And if that doesn't help, talk to your DM.

JakOfAllTirades
2016-11-16, 02:08 PM

I'm not clear on why you're playing a healer at all. Perhaps a Blackguard next time?

Yes, I'm going size 7 comic sans for the rest of this thread. No reason.

JackOfAllBuilds
2016-11-16, 08:54 PM
I'm not clear on why you're playing a healer at all. Perhaps a Blackguard next time?

Yes, I'm going size 7 comic sans for the rest of this thread. No reason.

Brother?

(Lol, j/k)

JakOfAllTirades
2016-11-18, 03:09 PM
Brother?

(Lol, j/k)

I wondered when someone would comment on the similarity in our names. :smallwink:

JakOfAllTirades
2016-11-18, 03:45 PM
You know, I just realized I've been doing this all wrong. This Comic Sans Size 7 text should actually be THIS COLOR! Pay attention, Sariel, because this is how you really annoy people with fonts. Do not mess with the FeyLocks, for we have pastels and lots of free time!

Douche
2016-11-18, 04:34 PM
Y'all focussing too mchu on fonts & such but that's small fry stuff, yo. What the moral of teh story is that you gotta be a real stunna on these fools, ya know what I'm saying?!?!?!?!?!? Punk fools better recognize the WHITE MAGE, like I poison a fool & let them die due to criminal negligence.

One time I was playin' wit my main man Federico down at the corner store, he was doin it real official with his warlock yo. But then some fools crept on up like they was trying to respec without giving us no respec, nahmeen? So I had to show em what was up, cast a bansihment on the fool IRL. He went home and cried to his momma, LOL

Lawful Good
2016-11-18, 05:16 PM
This thread was a mess from beginning to end.

JackPhoenix
2016-11-18, 06:11 PM
I thought white mage-type character is usualy the designated love interest. What else are you supposed to do with her?

Sariel Vailo
2016-11-18, 06:47 PM
im sorry, im new to the post boards sorry everyone.:smalleek:

Theodoxus
2016-11-18, 07:39 PM
Great, now I'm sad faced

JakOfAllTirades
2016-11-19, 02:52 AM
im sorry, im new to the post boards sorry everyone.:smalleek:

It's okay, we're all just here to have fun, talk about games, and make bad jokes.

RickAllison
2016-11-19, 09:57 AM
Great, now I'm sad faced

Using this color works very poorly for people using phones...