PDA

View Full Version : How big can you get?

Lukalaly
2016-11-13, 09:33 PM
I've been wondering, because size does matter, how big/small could you get with just races/templates, and maybe feats? The reason is I want to be colossal (but fine works too I guess) so I can try to get my DM to let me wild shape into colossal things (so I can eventually wild shape into some epic-level dragons). Playing gestalt, no LA buyoff, level 15.
Although unrelated and also much more easily answered, what races/templates fit the prerequisites for warshaper (excluding the BAB)? Preferably with low LA, cuz anything above 4 makes it kinda pointless. If a class gives wild shape before level 5 then most definitely count me in. The only ones I know of right now are the Wild Shape Ranger variant and druid.
Thanks in advance for any help I get!
Edit: Meant to put this in the D&D 3.5 section, and I'm not sure how to move it...sorry.

Grod_The_Giant
2016-11-13, 10:22 PM
Although unrelated and also much more easily answered, what races/templates fit the prerequisites for warshaper (excluding the BAB)? Preferably with low LA, cuz anything above 4 makes it kinda pointless. If a class gives wild shape before level 5 then most definitely count me in. The only ones I know of right now are the Wild Shape Ranger variant and druid.
I believe Changelings (Eberron Campaign Setting) have the Shapechanger subclass, so they qualify by virtue of that at LA+0. There's also the Mulhorandi Divine Minion template (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20050209a), which gives you at-will Wild Shape into certain forms for LA +1 to +2, though that's pretty serious cheese all by itself.

Edit: Meant to put this in the D&D 3.5 section, and I'm not sure how to move it...sorry.
You can report your own post and ask that it be moved.

Lord Torath
2016-11-14, 11:39 AM
You can report your own post and ask that it be moved.The "Report" button is the triangle below Hailey's right foot in your avatar image.

Lukalaly
2016-11-14, 04:42 PM
I believe Changelings (Eberron Campaign Setting) have the Shapechanger subclass, so they qualify by virtue of that at LA+0. There's also the Mulhorandi Divine Minion template (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20050209a), which gives you at-will Wild Shape into certain forms for LA +1 to +2, though that's pretty serious cheese all by itself.

You can report your own post and ask that it be moved.
Thanks on both parts. I think there's a divine minion template that only gives +0 LA, but not sure. Also, I didn't know that you could report threads if they're in the wrong forum. I'll have to keep that in mind!