PDA

View Full Version : need some cirques on my warblade

Nosta
2016-11-14, 10:22 AM
so My friend plans to run a war based game. low magic (Magic items like weapon will be found but stuff like wizards will be all but gone from this world)

The starting level for this game is level 5 and I plan on going warblade.

My stats are as follows STR 16 DEX 14 Con 12 INT 16 Wis 10 Cha 12

I plan to focus on Iron heart maneuvers

My feats are as follows
Feat from Human Race: Bastard sword prof
from first level: Educated
from third level knowledge devotion

are the feats i picked worth it?

and should i pick another weapon to use with the iron heart style

ExLibrisMortis
2016-11-14, 11:18 AM
1) You don't need to use an Iron Heart weapon to be effective with Iron Heart maneuvers.
2) Using a shield is really suboptimal, you don't need a one-handed weapon.
3) The +1 damage over a longsword isn't a good reason to use a bastard sword.
4) Because of 1-3, you don't need EWP (bastard sword). Use a greatsword, or a bastard sword two-handed (with regular martial proficiency).
5) Despite 1-4, EWP is especially good on warblades.

Educated is not great, not bad. It works with Knowledge Devotion, but ideally, you wouldn't burn a feat on a few class skills. If it suits your character concept, go for it. Consider starting with a level in cloistered cleric with Able Learner. Even if the cleric level is completely non-casting, you still get Knowledge Devotion, class skills (with [6+3]x4 points), and two more domains.

Thaneus
2016-11-14, 11:40 AM
Bastard Sword is a bad weapon. Just go with longsword.
Utilizing Knowledge Devotion with 6 skill-points can be hard (planes, arcane, dungeneering, nature at least).
Is it possible to do 3 Factotum +2 Warblade?
Take able learner feat to cover all skills at once forever. You also get bonus to all DEX and STR check with your +3 INT mod (that is nearly improved initiative for free).
This frees up 2 Feats for you and you have nearly power but with more options available (you lose one BAB but this hardly matters)

The question is, what do you want to focus? What you imagine your character should be able to archive?