Feats: Endurance
Environment: Cold plains
Organization: Herd (11-20)
Challenge Rating: ?
Treasure: None
Alignment: Usually NG
Language: Boulian (New Language :P), Celestial
Level Adjustment: ?

Also known as talking reindeer,stelibou are a race of small, sentient deer that inhabit the tundra and taiga of the frostfell. They look like small caribou with white fur and golden antlers. Stelibou speak their own language and Celestial.

Stelibou are capable of pulling loads (like sleds) or carrying a rider if they choose.

Combat
Stelibou usually flee from predators or threats. However, if cornered they can attack with a powerful butt of their antlers.

Scent (Ex): A stelibou can detect opponents within 30 feet. The exact location is not revealed unless the creature is within 5 feet.

Carrying Capacity: A light load for a stelibou is up to 75 pounds; a medium load, 76–150 pounds; and a heavy load, 151–225 pounds. A caribou can drag 1,125 pounds.

Handless Manipulation: Stelibou do not have hands, much less opposable thumbs. Stelibou that use spells learn alternate somatic requirements that rely on their foreleg or head position instead. Instead of using hands, they are capable of casting prestidigitation as a spell-like ability. They use it as a free action at will, but can only use it to clean or move an object within five feat of themself. They can tie/untie ropes, (un/)fasten buckles, and utilize tools (requiring appropriate skill checks as necessary and cannot use the item as a weapon). If they receive prestidigitation as a spell they can cast the full spell as a spell-like ability 3/day.

At 5 hit die, stelibous can use Protection from evil 4/day as a spell like ability.

Stelibou with more than 5 hit die gain a +1 on interaction based skills when dealing with celestials.

Thoughts/comments?

What should the CR/LA be? I would like it to be available for Cohorts/followers, so it needs an LA other than "-"... Not opposed to use as PCs, but not sure anyone would want it...

Is Stelibou a good name or do you have a better suggestion?

nikkoli
2016-11-14, 05:28 PM
You missed the +1 AC for small, and it's hit should be 3 ( 1 size +1 bab +1 str).
Hp should also be 7, I think monster blocks always have average hp.
Also, I think as a cohort it would be LA 1(cohort). They dont have much going for them. +3 nat armor +2 str/Dex/con/int, -4 cha, a gore attack, Prot from evil at 5 HD, and a mage hand ish thing.

Grand Arbiter
2016-11-14, 06:31 PM
I would say +1 LA, possibly rising to +2. The racial abilities are good, and the racial HD would be replaced with their first class level.

The name seems good to me.

For CR, I've heard of a calculation method made by Vorpal Tribble. Someone who knows it or has a link may be able to help.

Also, for future reference, this sort of thing may be better off in Homebrew.:smallwink:

Ranged Ranger
2016-11-15, 03:43 AM
Thanks for the help guys.

Hit Dice: 1d10+3 (7 hp)
Initiative: 1
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (+1 Dex, +3 natural, +1 size), touch 12, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+2
Attack: Gore +1 melee (1d3+1)
Full Attack: Gore +1 melee (1d3+1)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: --
Special Qualities: Darkvision, Low-light vision, scent
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +0
Abilities: Str 13, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 11, Cha 6
Skills: Listen +3, Spot +2
Feats: Endurance
Environment: Cold plains
Organization: Herd (11-20)
Challenge Rating: ?
Treasure: None
Alignment: Usually NG
Language: Boulian (New Language :P), Celestial
Level Adjustment: +1

So Like this?

Also, for future reference, this sort of thing may be better off in Homebrew.
I thought I was? :smallconfused: :smallredface:

Grand Arbiter
2016-11-15, 04:01 PM
I thought I was? :smallconfused: :smallredface:
I didn't read the subforum correctly. :smallredface:
Apologies.