PDA

View Full Version : Shopping for a spellcaster

evisiron
2007-07-13, 05:41 PM
I normally play a non spell character, so am used to the "buy a better sword to stab with" school of thought.

But with a spellcaster, specifically a Beguiler, what should you buy through the levels?

Ramza00
2007-07-13, 05:45 PM
First thing is a veil of allure (sandstorm/magic item compedium) for the dc boost to your enchantments.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-07-13, 05:57 PM
I like to think about defense in the case of a character with innate weaponry. Cloaks of resistance, rings of protection, bracers of armor and so on. I also think about spell-enhancers, like metamagic rods and such. Also, can't go wrong with lots of wands and scrolls, including spells from other casters if you have alot of UMD. You're also a beguiler, so stealth and espionage would do you well. Cloaks and boots of elvenkind, eyes of the eagle, and basically things that enhance all those nice rogueish skills.

Edit: Stat boosters, don't forget about stat boosters.

Ramza00
2007-07-13, 06:09 PM
Also check out here and specifically the equipment section
http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=805782

TO_Incognito
2007-07-13, 06:16 PM
I like to think about defense in the case of a character with innate weaponry. Cloaks of resistance, rings of protection, bracers of armor and so on. I also think about spell-enhancers, like metamagic rods and such. Also, can't go wrong with lots of wands and scrolls, including spells from other casters if you have alot of UMD. You're also a beguiler, so stealth and espionage would do you well. Cloaks and boots of elvenkind, eyes of the eagle, and basically things that enhance all those nice rogueish skills.

Wouldn't a Beguiler just wear light armor or a Mithral Breastplate rather than invest in Bracers of Armor?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-07-13, 06:19 PM
Wouldn't a Beguiler just wear light armor or a Mithral Breastplate rather than invest in Bracers of Armor?

Yeah, I was kind of in a wizard mindset for a second. Mithril breastplates or chain shirts are optimal.

evisiron
2007-07-13, 06:21 PM
Also check out here and specifically the equipment section
http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=805782

That is an excellent link! Thankyou!

Ramza00
2007-07-13, 06:28 PM
Any more questions? :)

Kurald Galain
2007-07-13, 07:29 PM
Also, headband of intellect is a (wait for it...) no brainer.

Wand of anything cool you can't cast yourself, such as cure light wounds.

Stuff that makes you permanently invisible is also highly appropriate.