PDA

View Full Version : Ebberon Prestige Classes 3.5

Fdflame
2016-11-15, 02:27 AM
Folk I'm a noob in Dnd never played even 1 one game and I will start with 3.5e and thought about an eberron character I just wanna see if this character is good or bad (which I think will likely be) Rogue-5 Assassin-10 and Alchemist savant-5? I just need your advice P.S thanks everybody who will respond :)

Fdflame
2016-11-15, 02:29 AM
And there are besides Halfling Black Dog any rogue like prestige classes in Eberron setting,again thanks who will respond

weckar
2016-11-15, 06:10 AM
that combination isn't going to set the world on fire, but it's viable enough. You may find that entering at lv16 that alchemist savant is comparatively weak and doesn't advance your main options much. Then again, taking the last level of Assassin may not be ideal anyway (+1 to poison saves really isn't that big of a deal).
I do recommend asking your group on whether Assassin is okay at all. Many groups have a blanket ban on Evil characters.

barakaka
2016-11-15, 06:27 PM
You should take a look at my signature, it's got some pretty cool alchemical items referenced. Message me if you have questions. One other thing is Explosive Pack. It's an alchemical item found in Secrets of Sarlona. If your Profession: Siege Engineer skill is high enough, then you multiply the damage the blast does to objects and buildings!

As well, if you're going assassin, then you should have a look at this beauty:
310gp alchemy blade (Magic of Eberron p138)
+300gp masterwork
+2500gp gold (Magic of Faerun p179)
+450gp triple capsule (Complete Adventurer p120)
+100gp <3 quick elements, 1 alchemist's frost> (Complete Adventurer p122)
+300gp hilt hollow (Dungeonscape p30)
+100gp wand chamber (Dungeonscape p30)
+1000gp oil chamber (Dungeonscape p30
= 3760

Avoid spending all your hard earned gold though. 3.5th edition assumes you are spending most of your money on long lasting items. You could find yourself falling behind before too long.