PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Decide?! Inspiration is key

TheBoy
2016-11-15, 07:36 AM
So I'm in a campaign at the moment as a monk of the way of the shadow. Currently he's not the favorite of the group because he's not very group oriented. I know how that can be but it's who the character is and he is trying in his eyes to gain power for his own ideals, which tends to bump with the "Leader" of the group. We're almost done with the specific level arch and soon to be moving onto a new set, I was going to make a new more group oriented person on the switch and have the DM continue to run my monk as an NPC. Dilemma is I don't know what to play. We have a Human Warlock, Dwarven Fighter, Drow Druid, Gnome Wizard and Human Ranger. Guess I'm just trying to get some ideas from you fine people, I've looked at so much but decisions are hard haha. Help a brother out, let me hear it. And if you feel like I should stay my monk, throw me some reasons as to why. I appreciate anything, 🤘.

Mothman
2016-11-15, 07:19 PM
Bard, paladin, and cleric are three very good team oriented classes. Bard is a good all around help with access to healing buffs and debuffs, paladin is a good tank that also gas access to decent healing, and cleric is also really good at buffing and healing.

Herobizkit
2016-11-19, 06:32 AM
It's your character. His actions are under YOUR control. If you're not being a group player, start being a group player.

I'm curious, though - In what was is he not being a group player? Is he just more lone-wolf/do-whatever-I-want-in-combat type of character, or is the bumping morality with the Leader the only issue?

Also, which character is the Leader in your group?

In the group of the Archies (from Archie Comics), are you the Reggie? (I know it's a dated reference, but it works; see tvtropes and reserve your afternoon).

If you're not the Reggie, become the Reggie - especially this:

"Tsundere: Type A. Aloof and rude to people in general, beneath that a fun-loving prankster Jerk Ass to his circle of friends, and beneath that has a genuine heart and sincerely cares deeply about his friends."

Be THAT guy.

John Longarrow
2016-11-20, 11:33 AM
Whisper gnome beguiler (Mind Bender at 6th for telepathy/mind sight). Your party doesn't have a sneaky person to take care of traps.

Herobizkit
2016-11-23, 07:23 PM
Ghostwise Halfling Mastermind Rogue or Lore Bard, and be a Reggie. :)

propheticsteel
2016-11-28, 12:39 AM
Dragonborn paladin

Stealth Marmot
2016-11-28, 10:53 AM
Do you want to keep playing this character or are you sick of him? If you want to keep playing him then we could certainly help with making your character gel better with the group in both roleplay and combat if you give specifics.

But if you want a more group oriented character because you are sick of this character, we would need to know the game and edition.