PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Storm Herald Tempest?

X3r4ph
2016-11-15, 08:40 AM
The Barbarian (Storm Herald) has this great ability, Storm of Fury (Sea), where he can damage enemies within 10 ft. It says that you can use this ability "At the end of each of your turns"... does that mean if you get to act in another character/enemy's turn you can use this ability?

If so, how would the Cleric (Tempest) ability Thunderbolt Strike work together with this? Polearm Master? Tunnel Fighter?

SharkForce
2016-11-15, 02:19 PM
The Barbarian (Storm Herald) has this great ability, Storm of Fury (Sea), where he can damage enemies within 10 ft. It says that you can use this ability "At the end of each of your turns"... does that mean if you get to act in another character/enemy's turn you can use this ability?

If so, how would the Cleric (Tempest) ability Thunderbolt Strike work together with this? Polearm Master? Tunnel Fighter?

it only works at the end of your turn. there is only one way i know of for you to get multiple turns in a round, and it involves a lot of rogue levels (i think it's the level 17 thief archetype feature, though i could be wrong).

getting a reaction during someone else's turn is not, in itself, a turn.

AttilatheYeon
2016-11-15, 02:31 PM
At the end of each of your turns denotes that the ability lasts for more than one round.

X3r4ph
2016-11-15, 03:35 PM
Of course. Makes a lot of sense.

So, Barbarian 3/ Cleric 6 can deal 2d6 damage (maxed twice per short rest) and push enemies away. Later, when the Barbarian is level 10 this increases to 3d6...

Not overly powerful. But nice to have a little battlefield control.