PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Wildmage fix

clash
2016-11-15, 02:09 PM
Would there be a problem with making the wildmage not dependent on the dm. I have outlined my suggested changes below. Let me know what you think.

Wild Magic Surge:
Starting when you choose this origin at 1st level, your spellcasting can unleash surges of untamed magic. Immediately after you cast a sorcerer spell of 1st level or higher, the DM can have you roll a d20. If you roll a 1, roll on the Wild Magic Surge table to create a random magical effect.
Tides of Chaos:
Starting at 1st level, you can manipulate the forces of chance and chaos to gain advantage on one attack roll, ability check, or saving throw. Once you do so, you must finish a long rest before you can use this feature again. Any time before you regain the use of this feature, the DM can have you roll on the Wild Magic Surge table immediately after you cast a sorcerer spell of 1st level or higher. You then regain the use of this feature. After using this ability, the next time you cast a spell of 1st level or higher you automatically roll on the Wild Magic Surge table. Once you use this ability, you must finish a long or short rest before you can use this feature again.