PDA

View Full Version : Any way to create a demiplane in D&D 3.5 with access to cleric spells only?

Analytica
2016-11-15, 10:22 PM
In 3.5, the Genesis spell for making demiplanes is sorcerer/wizard and creation domain only. I have ninth-level cleric spells (Ur-Priest); any way I can access Genesis (excepting off-label use of Miracle)? Is there something I can Gate in that can cast it?

GilesTheCleric
2016-11-15, 11:00 PM
Indeed there is. Gate in a Black Ethergaunt (16HD, 17th wizard) [FF 65] and have your way with its pitiful +12 will save.

Analytica
2016-11-15, 11:30 PM
Thanks! :)

Darrin
2016-11-16, 09:14 AM
Domain Draught (3300 GP, MIC) can give you access to the Creation domain for 24 hours.

Or UMD a scroll (guidance of the avatar (http://archive.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/sb/sb20010504a) for +20 on the UMD check).

Or buy a Skull Talisman (Frostburn) with the genesis spell already stored inside.

weckar
2016-11-16, 09:21 AM
Genesis does take a loooooooong time, though. Half a year for the spell to take full effect.
You'd be better off conquering another's demiplane in that time.

sleepyphoenixx
2016-11-16, 10:52 AM
You could also find a Psion who knows Genesis and the Soul Crystal power from MoI.
Buying a manifesting of Soul Crystal loaded with Genesis is cheaper than UMDing a scroll (it's a 7th level power iirc), but you'll have to pay the XP cost yourself.
You don't need any skill ranks or psionic powers of your own though, anyone can do it.

The psionic demiplane is also coterminous to the Astral instead of the Ethereal and has a few more restrictions in the power description, if that matters to you.

Cirtona Pox
2016-11-16, 07:00 PM
Genesis does take a loooooooong time, though. Half a year for the spell to take full effect.
You'd be better off conquering another's demiplane in that time.

There is one way around that.

Create the plane with a disproportional time flow. 1 year on your plane = 1 day on Prime. You can then create a massive plane without taking too long out of the campaign. Aging effects would kind of take their toll if you spent too long though.