PDA

View Full Version : AntiLife Shell

JobsforFun
2016-11-16, 11:24 AM
I was wondering for some more insight of to how this spell worked since I get it at my next level. Does it prevent any creature from going through it such as a human while undead and constructs (like golems) can pass through? I understand that things like polearms, tridents, crossbows, and ranged spell attacks can pierce it but what about swords and warhammers for example? And can other people in my party be in he bubble with me?

Millstone85
2016-11-16, 12:31 PM
Does it prevent any creature from going through it such as a human while undead and constructs (like golems) can pass through?That seems to be the core idea. Undead and constructs are not recognised as "life" by the spell.

I understand that things like polearms, tridents, crossbows, and ranged spell attacks can pierce it but what about swords and warhammers for example?The weapon itself can go through but the hand wielding it can't. The bubble's 10-foot radius is what makes non-ranged non-reach weapons ineffective against you.

And can other people in my party be in he bubble with me?Nope. The spell doesn't let in friendly creatures, just the undead and constructs.

Edit: I don't know what happens with creatures already in the area you create the barrier around. Maybe you can protect an ally that way, or trap an enemy with you.

Yora
2016-11-16, 12:37 PM
Other people can't enter, whether allies or enemies. But any living creatures that are inside the area when the spell is cast remain inside. They can leave,but can't come back inside.

Millstone85
2016-11-16, 12:43 PM
They can leave,but can't come back inside.Are you sure? It seems to me that "The barrier prevents an affected creature from passing or reaching through." wouldn't care which side of the barrier you are on.

Yora
2016-11-16, 02:27 PM
Yeah, seems to be true by RAW.

However, in 3rd edition the spell says it "prevents entry" and "hedges out" living creatures. Would be up to the GM to decide whether that's an intended change or poor phrasing. And still could rule either way in both cases depending on what's considered better for the campaign.
Got to consult the GM how he says it is going to work in the campaign.

Firechanter
2017-04-25, 06:38 AM
*edit*

wrong thread, pls disregard