PDA

View Full Version : Fire and brimstone. Evil caster.

Snig
2016-11-16, 06:08 PM
I have an idea to create a evil hobgoblin sorcerer / summoner type of character, who uses hexes, fiery spells, and summons demon's. Oh and being able to weild a flail would be awesome

Any idea where to start?

denthor
2016-11-16, 06:24 PM
Make it a gnoll cleric there major god takes flail give it war domain then it is a weapon proficiency you get for free.

Afgncaap5
2016-11-16, 06:53 PM
Is this for 3.5? Pathfinder? Mix-and-match?

In 3.5, there's a Sorcerer variant that allows you to take a cleric domain. It's in Complete Champion and comes online at level 5. You trade away a new sorcerer spell learned and a new spell per day of every level, I think, but the trade off is that you get the domain power of of a domain and the ability to cast one daily spell from the Fire domain per day. So, this would let you be a Sorcerer who gets a few divine-exclusive fire spells like Produce Flame, but it would also allow you to command fire creature and rebuke water creatures (it doesn't take too much generosity from a GM to allow your Sorcerer level to count as an effective cleric level for this purpose.) That might help a bit.

Also, there's a tiny part of me that can't resist mentioning Spheres of Power whenever someone wants to make a fire-focused caster, but that's third party material.

Snig
2016-11-16, 07:29 PM
http://daarken.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/goblins.jpg

this is the character i'm trying to channel. The hobgoblin in the center who has just summoned the horned devil and is raining down fire on his enemies! Flail is an afterthought. Staff would be fine.

Thurbane
2016-11-17, 02:18 AM
Hobgoblin Archivist/Hexer...you'll need to throw some other class in there to get the ranks needed for Hexer (maybe a dip in Ranger?). He gets access to most spells in the game and can throw decent hexes at enemies.