PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Glove of Taarnahm the Vigilant (PGoF) Two Weapon Fighting

PV568
2016-11-17, 07:50 AM
Hello,

I was wondering if a character with two-weapon fighting would have te use two gloves of taarnahm the vigilant to have the benefits on both hands. Someone could answer that?

Darrin
2016-11-17, 08:14 AM
Hello,

I was wondering if a character with two-weapon fighting would have te use two gloves of taarnahm the vigilant to have the benefits on both hands. Someone could answer that?

I'm not sure what you mean. Wearing a single Glove of Taarnham the Vigilant allows the wearer to hurl any melee weapon he is carrying as if it had the Throwing and Returning properties. The item description doesn't specify how the weapon has to be carried, so any weapon carried in either hand could still benefit from the glove.

Wearing two Gloves of Taarnham the Vigilant would be redundant, and only one of the gloves would work at one time. If the other was dispelled or negated somehow, then the other glove would work instead.

Some gloves come in pairs, and some are singular. If a magic glove is singular, wearing it occupies the entire "hands" slot. This is covered in the Magic Item Compendium page 218:

"Some body slots are described as a matched pair of body parts (such as arms, feet, or hands). If an item uses one of these body slots, it takes up both “halves” of the body slot even if worn on only one of the pair. For example, a glove of storing takes up the entire hands body slot, even though it’s only one glove. Similarly, items that come in pairs must be worn together in order to function - wearing a single gauntlet of ogre power has no effect."

PV568
2016-11-17, 08:22 AM
This is exactly what I asked. Thank you for the quick answer. :D

I'm not sure what you mean. Wearing a single Glove of Taarnham the Vigilant allows the wearer to hurl any melee weapon he is carrying as if it had the Throwing and Returning properties. The item description doesn't specify how the weapon has to be carried, so any weapon carried in either hand could still benefit from the glove.

Wearing two Gloves of Taarnham the Vigilant would be redundant, and only one of the gloves would work at one time. If the other was dispelled or negated somehow, then the other glove would work instead.

Some gloves come in pairs, and some are singular. If a magic glove is singular, wearing it occupies the entire "hands" slot. This is covered in the Magic Item Compendium page 218:

"Some body slots are described as a matched pair of body parts (such as arms, feet, or hands). If an item uses one of these body slots, it takes up both “halves” of the body slot even if worn on only one of the pair. For example, a glove of storing takes up the entire hands body slot, even though it’s only one glove. Similarly, items that come in pairs must be worn together in order to function - wearing a single gauntlet of ogre power has no effect."