PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Complete list of WotC-approved 3.5e Wizard spells?

Jay R
2016-11-17, 12:52 PM
Is there a complete list somewhere of all officially approved 3.5e spells?

[Ideally, with a list of the books I need to buy to use them.]

2016-11-17, 02:41 PM
Is there a complete list somewhere of all officially approved 3.5e spells?

[Ideally, with a list of the books I need to buy to use them.]

Speaking purely about Wizard spells, I would imagine that most every 3.5 book dedicated to chargen options has at least a few, with the possible exceptions of the dedicated Psionics books (Expanded Psionics Handbook and Complete Psionics) and the Magic Item Compendium. Monster Manuals probably also don't have many spells, but I'm not 100% sure about that, so you might wanna check it out just in case. A massive spell list indicating both source and available classes would be quite a project to create; the only one I knew of doesn't exist anymore (taken down for legal reasons).

Not sure what "minimum number of books to buy" I would be comfortable with suggesting, but you should probably at least pick up the Player's Handbook and the Spell Compendium...and probably also Complete Arcane, Complete Mage, maybe Libris Mortis if you wanna do Necromancy stuff? I dunno, there's literally dozens of books I haven't listed here that probably have at least a handful of Wizard spells...

eggynack
2016-11-17, 03:04 PM
It just so happens that the sources for large quantities of semi-stolen D&D information are also really good at providing an accurate spell list that can be filtered on a book by book basis. So, y'know, if you happen to come across one of those in your travels, maybe use that.

Troacctid
2016-11-17, 03:18 PM
Speaking purely about Wizard spells, I would imagine that most every 3.5 book dedicated to chargen options has at least a few, with the possible exceptions of the dedicated Psionics books (Expanded Psionics Handbook and Complete Psionics) and the Magic Item Compendium.
XPH does in fact contain spells. http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/spells/overview.htm#