PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Bard/Archer Ability Scores

thejando
2016-11-17, 05:35 PM
I'm venturing into a new class I've never played before. Bard. We only have a 3 man group and I'm trying to fill in as the range/face of the group/buff/magic. Obviously that's a bit overwhelming for any class, but I feel bard is my best bet. I play to focus more on archery and eventually dual class into arcane archer, but I just don't no what to do with my abilities. They're pretty lackluster however not horrible (9, 10, 10, 12, 14, 17). Now in my DMs ongoing world which we are playing our campaign we're forced to be mixed races as there was a terrible plague that ravished the populations forcing everyone to interbreed to prevent inbreeding (idk I wasn't around when all this played out in a previous campaign and quite frankly it is a little aggravating, but there's nothing I can do about it) So I chose to roll as a mostly human/nymph which apparently gives me +2 Cha; +1 Wis; -1 Con; Bonus Feat; +1 to any Ability. I also get some nerfed magical abilities from the nymph such as Dimensional Door (Once a month, yippee) Stunning Glance (Once per encounter) Unearthly Grace (add Cha bonus to Fort/Will/Ref saves) and Wild Empathy. I'm open to suggestions on races, however, like I said they must be mixed race and I don't know exactly how the DM will calculate the racial bonuses. :smallannoyed:

Anyway, I know the feats and everything that I have to get, but I just needed help placing these numbers around. I was thinking something like this....

Str: 10
Dex: 14
Con: 12 - 1 + 1
Int: 10
Wis: 9 + 1
Cha: 17 + 2

Thanks for reading!

John Longarrow
2016-11-17, 05:45 PM
Does your party have someone to handle tracking? If not, I'd go Bard/Ranger.

I would not go into Arcane Archer. It does little to help since the BAB isn't full and it does not help with casting. It ONLY helps with magic arrows, so your trading character ability for something you can replicate with a magic bow.

What books are available?