View Full Version : "Peace through Tyranny!" [Monster]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-07-13, 10:13 PM
Megatron
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y265/Nny2/Megatron.png

Gargantuan Construct (shapechanger)
HD: 25d10+60 (197 hp)
Initiative: +6
Speed: 50 ft. (10 squares) or fly 500 feet (perfect) or fly 6,600 feet (clumsy)
Armor Class: 48 (+2 Dex, -4 Size, +40 Natural)
Base Attack/Grapple: +18/+48
Attack: Energon Flail +37 melee (4d6+21 plus 1d6 electricity/x2 plus 1d10 electricity)
Full Attack: Energon Flail +37/+32/+27/+22 melee (4d6+21 plus 1d6 electricity/x2 plus 1d10 electricity)
Space/Reach: 20 ft./20 ft.
Special Attacks: Fusion cannon
Special Qualities: Aura of Despair, construct traits, darkvision 60 ft., DR 20/adamantine, low-light vision, resistance to fire 20, electricity 20, transformer
Saves: Fort +11, Ref +15, Will +10
Abilities: Str 47, Dex 15, Con --, Int 28, Wis 13, Cha 30
Skills: Appraise +9(+11 for weapons), Balance +4, Bluff +37, Climb +43, Craft (weaponsmith) +19, Diplomacy +39, Disable Device +19, Disguise +27*, Intimidate +40, Jump +48, Knowledge (architecture and engineering) +37, Knowledge (the planes) +34, Listen +16, Search +29 (+31 secret doors), Sense Motive +28, Spot +16, Survival +1(+3 while on other planes), Swim +28, Tumble +24
Feats: Cleave, Fly-by Attack, Great Fortitude, Improved Critical (fusion cannon), Improved Initiative, Leadership, Lightning Reflexes, Power Attack, Weapon Focus (flail)
Environment: Cybertron (or Acheron)
Organization: Solitary or with other Decepticons
Challenge Rating: 20
Treasure: Standard, no coins
Alignment: Lawful evil
Advancement: --
Level Adjustment: --

You hear the scream of a jet and a massive blast of sound as it comes at you at great speed. The jet shifts quickly into the shape of a massive humanoid and lands with a powerful crash firmly on its feet. It's silver-grey body looks like a strange combination of mechanical and alien, as though created by creatures far more advanced than you. A massive, humming flail extends from his arm and he looks ready to spill blood.

Megatron is the tyrannical and brutal leader of the evil forces of the Decepticons. He wishes to harness the almighty technological power to give life to machinery from the Allspark. He cares not for organic life, especially that of humanoids and will kill them without regard. Though on Cybertron, he would rule with an adamantine fist.

Megatron speaks and understands all languages due to his universal translator. He stands roughly 25 feet and weights approximately 60 tons.

COMBAT
Megatron likes to employ the use of great speed and blunt force to destroy his foes. In robot mode he likes to balance his attacks between his flail and his fusion cannon, preferring his flail to adjacent foes. While in vehicle mode he likes to bull-rush often, and make use of his energy cannon.

Aura of Despair (Su): Megatron is a cold, vicious, mechanical terror and a scourge of life, and his very presense makes this clear. Megatron radiates a malign aura that causes enemies within 20 feet of him to take a -2 penalty on all saving throws. This aura does not function if Megatron is unconcious or dead.

Construct Traits: As in the Monster Manual.

Energon Flail (Ex): Megatron has a melee weapon that extends from his arm. This dangerous looking weapon counts as a +3 shocking burst adamantine flail appropriate for his size. Extending and retracting this weapon is a free action.

Fusion Cannon (Su): Megatron has a powerful weapon of pure destruction built into his very body. Once per round, as a standard action, Megatron can fuse his arms together which grow into a long powerful cannon and allows him to fire a beam of energy. This counts as a ranged touch attack (+16 attack bonus) with a range increment of 500 feet that deals 15d6 force damage against those it hits. This weapon is usable once per round, as a standard action. Spell resistance does not apply to the effects of this weapon.

Transformer (Ex): Megatron, like many residents of cybertron, has the ability to transform into a huge mechanical vehicle. When in vehicle mode Megatron has no reach, arms, legs (meaning no access to his weapons)but is able to move at far greater speeds, use his fusion cannon and fly, aswell as move at very intense speed, technically, mach 2. Unlike many other vehicle modes, he cannot carry passengers. While in vehicle mode, Megatron gains all the benefits of the Improved Bull-rush feat, and has a +10 bonus to disguise checks to disguise himself as a Cybertronian jet. This ability is usable as a move action at will.

Mr. Moogle
2007-07-13, 10:17 PM
(Suffers aneurism from sheer awsomeness, then quickly gets better)
This is by far the most EPIC monster Ive ever seen, High Five!

blackout
2007-07-13, 10:18 PM
Niiiiiiice.

CervantesTheDefenestrator
2007-07-13, 10:23 PM
So his first fly speed is 100 squares, and his second fly speed is 1320 squares. Wow. Although I'm not sure his first fly speed should have a maneuverability of perfect. Anyways, this rocks, keep it up.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-07-13, 10:25 PM
So his first fly speed is 100 squares, and his second fly speed is 1320 squares. Wow. Although I'm not sure his first fly speed should have a maneuverability of perfect. Anyways, this rocks, keep it up.

He's meant to be rediculously fast, and advanced. I thought they were both appropriate enough, though not likely he'll have to move that far in any given round. And thank you. :smallbiggrin:

Zeta Kai
2007-07-13, 11:36 PM
Well, I suppose it was only a matter of time...

Anyway, kudos. Good job. Any plans for other Transformers? I'm sure Optimus Prime is just as desired (& deserving).

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-07-13, 11:49 PM
Well, I suppose it was only a matter of time...

Anyway, kudos. Good job. Any plans for other Transformers? I'm sure Optimus Prime is just as desired (& deserving).

Ten steps ahead of you. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36463) Technically, I made this a while ago. Though I do plan on making at least Starscream and Bumblebee.

Shadow_in_the_Mist
2007-07-14, 12:50 AM
Great work. It probably has no relevance whatsoever, but Fantasy Flight Games has a campaign "setting" (though you need the D&D Player's Handbook and DM's Guide to actually play it) called Mechamorphosis, part of its Horizon quintet, which actually turns Transformers (or Mechamorphs, as they call them) into a playable race. The book isn't perfect, there's a few errors in writing and the like, but it's pretty interesting.

Zeta Kai
2007-07-14, 01:56 PM
I'm noticing though, a couple of issues with this creature:

1) As a construct, Megatron has no Constitution score (& an ability modifier of +0). So where do his 60 bonus hit points come from?

2) His Fusion Cannon is a supernatural ability. Doesn't that mean it doesn't work in an anti-magic field?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-07-14, 02:46 PM
I'm noticing though, a couple of issues with this creature:

1) As a construct, Megatron has no Constitution score (& an ability modifier of +0). So where do his 60 bonus hit points come from?

As a construct, he gains bonus HP due to size.

2) His Fusion Cannon is a supernatural ability. Doesn't that mean it doesn't work in an anti-magic field?

Correct.

Demented
2007-07-14, 04:50 PM
If you want to hit Mach 2 as his upper limit, his flight speed should probably be 3,300 ft./6s (660 squares).
Then he can Run to hit Mach 2 (13200 ft./6s, 2640 squares).
Or, if he has the Run feat, Mach 2.5 (3300 squares!).

Plus, it'd make his minimum forward speed a slightly more reasonable 1650 ft. as opposed to 3300 ft.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-07-14, 04:56 PM
If you want to hit Mach 2 as his upper limit, his flight speed should probably be 3,300 ft./6s (660 squares).
Then he can Run to hit Mach 2 (13200 ft./6s, 2640 squares).
Or, if he has the Run feat, Mach 2.5 (3300 squares!).

Plus, it'd make his minimum forward speed a slightly more reasonable 1650 ft. as opposed to 3300 ft.

Hmm, interesting prospect... But chances are he can hit speeds far greater than mach 2 as it is, so running at this speed is probably good enough, if not too little for normal ol' Megatron. And that reminds me, he's a feat short.

Cybren
2007-07-14, 06:00 PM
No, no, this is all wrong! Megatron is a GUN! DAMN YOU MICHEAL BAY!

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-07-14, 10:16 PM

Think of it this way: His fusion cannon makes him a gun! Just a really really big one that flies really really fast.

Karma Guard
2007-07-15, 05:26 AM

http://shortpacked.com/comics/20050207a.gif

Won't someone think of what Megatron wants? B|