PDA

View Full Version : [Cleric] Spontaneous Domain Casting & No Domains

Neowulf
2016-11-18, 12:54 AM
so, I've been trying to make a BAMF ubercharger & one of the things I wanted to add to his repetior was a 1 level dip into Cloistered Cleric

I was going to choose Travel & Strength as his domains with the already given Knowledge domain, burn all 3 for 3 amazing devotion feats, and just keep going from there

now, to optimize this character further, I was looking at various Cleric ACFs & noticed Spontaneous Domain Casting from PHBII. the quote under it says

Benefit: You can convert stored spell energy into the spells of one of your domains. Pick one of your two domains. You can "lose" any prepared spell (other than a domain spell) to cast any spell of the same level or lower on that domain list. Your choice is permanent unless an alignment change, deity change, or other dramatic event leaves you incapable of accessing the domain.

In addition, when preparing spells you can choose to fill any or all of your domain spell slots with either cure or inflict spells (depending on whether you would normally convert prepared spells to cure or inflict spells) of the same level.

so as far as I can tell, this is saying that I only lose the ability to convert prepared spells into domain spells, but it doesn't say anything about losing the domain spell-slot. so am I wrong in thinking that I can still burn all of my domains (having a domain isn't listed as a requirement under this) and have the extra slot for a heal spell?

not having this wouldn't hurt my character, but having it would be a huge boon because he's probably going to need all the healing he can get