PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Villain Codex Released

Milo v3
2016-11-18, 01:05 AM
The latest Pathfinder RPG-line book is out. This time it's a book similar to the Monster Codex, giving a range of NPC statblocks along a certain theme + some extra crunch, except the theme of each chapter is a villainous organisation. Some of these organisations are generic like bands of slavers, assassins, and thieves guilds others have more specific concepts like the arcane society, fang monastery, and secret society (though they are still generic enough to fit well into nearly any Pathfinder setting).

I normally don't like NPC-books, but this one is an exception. The flavour for some of the organisations are nice, the mechanics are pretty good (though I do wish they remembered to give the Oracle's new mystery a capstone.... :smallannoyed:), and the rituals are brilliant.

One thing that I rather liked is the diversity, not just in race of the NPC's but also the classes. Arcane society isn't just Wizards. The gunslinger group only has two Gunslingers. The monk group aren't just Monks.

Sayt
2016-11-18, 04:10 AM
I'm quite impressed as well, although I think the Two-weapon grace feat is one of the most insultingly begrudged feats pathfinder has printed.