PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Critical hits and Fighter Maneuvers

Lost_Nomad
2016-11-18, 02:29 AM
I've got another question to do with fighter Maneuvers

In my last session we were fighting some Orcs and I chose to attack with the distracting strike maneuver on top of the regular attack
I got a Critical hit so I doubled my regular Damage (from 2D6 to 4D6) but I wasnt sure If I was supposed to double the Distracting strike dice too?

Sirdar
2016-11-18, 02:42 AM
Double that one too!

Edit: Double all damage dice when you crit.

Addaran
2016-11-18, 07:11 AM
Yep, double all the dices!

Another thing you should know, you can choose to use the maneuver after you know you've hit the enemy. Seems like you decided before rolling the crit? You can't waste a superiority dice by deciding to use the maneuver but missing the attack. (for all the maneuvers that mention that you can expend a superiority dice when you hit).

Lost_Nomad
2016-11-19, 05:11 AM
Yep, double all the dices!

Another thing you should know, you can choose to use the maneuver after you know you've hit the enemy. Seems like you decided before rolling the crit? You can't waste a superiority dice by deciding to use the maneuver but missing the attack. (for all the maneuvers that mention that you can expend a superiority dice when you hit).

yeah usually I say "I'm attacking with my Greatsword and using distracting strike if it hits" but I guess I didnt explain it that well when I originally posted :)

Malifice
2016-11-19, 05:24 AM
Double them as well.

Same with smite dice, sneak attack dice or whatever.