PDA

View Full Version : Asked to join a party as a level 6 dwarf warrior.

Klorox
2016-11-18, 11:27 AM
I'm told multiclassing is ok.

Rolling for stats, to the point where the DM honestly wouldn't give a crap if a player walked in and made up stats. Not a fan of this.

What type of warrior would shine the most around this level? I'm thinking a hill dwarf eldritch knight, or maybe going with a hill dwarf battlerager. They seem cool and I've never seen one.

Here's the rest of the party (not sure of races):

Rogue (AT), fighter (EK), paladin, sorcerer, light cleric, monk.

ON (second) EDIT: I'm really thinking of the battlerager, and either dipping bard for vicious mockery, or using a feat to get it. The idea of a dwarf barbarian instigating opponents with vicious mockery sounds like a lot of fun.

gfishfunk
2016-11-18, 11:33 AM
I'm told multiclassing is ok.

Rolling for stats, to the point where the DM honestly wouldn't give a crap if a player walked in and made up stats. Not a fan of this.

What type of warrior would shine the most around this level? I'm thinking a hill dwarf eldritch knight.

Go crazy and run a horrible, horrible Wizard.

If people are going to fudge stats, go the other way:

Str 12 (+2)
Dex 8
Con 18 (+2)
Wis 3
Int 3
Cha 3
4th level feat: Heavy Armor Proficiency (Med Armor Proficiency from Dwarf subtype)

Tell him with a straight face that this is what you rolled and you decided to play a wizard. Give him some basic stuff, but barely able to say sentences. Spam Shield, wear high AC heavy armor, and attack people with axes. Use rituals ALL THE TIME.

Klorox
2016-11-18, 11:35 AM
Go crazy and run a horrible, horrible Wizard.

If people are going to fudge stats, go the other way:

Str 12 (+2)
Dex 8
Con 18 (+2)
Wis 3
Int 3
Cha 3
4th level feat: Heavy Armor Proficiency (Med Armor Proficiency from Dwarf subtype)

Tell him with a straight face that this is what you rolled and you decided to play a wizard. Give him some basic stuff, but barely able to say sentences. Spam Shield, wear high AC heavy armor, and attack people with axes. Use rituals ALL THE TIME.
LMAO. Love it.

The DM likes high powered stuff. He'd probably lose it.

Hudsonian
2016-11-18, 11:59 AM
And the reason it has such low Charisma is that it has very bad tourette syndrome and occasionally his tick is to cast prestidigitation in a really weird way, but mostly it's just the facial contortions and foul language shouting e.g. turrettes guy.

Edit: and he doesn't know that he's doing it because he's so dumb

Specter
2016-11-18, 12:08 PM
If you're really gonna let these people choose your race and your role for you (which I wouldn't), Hill Dwarf Beastmaster could be fun too. Pick Ape for lulz.

jaappleton
2016-11-18, 12:10 PM
If you're really gonna let these people choose your class and your role for you (which I wouldn't), Hill Dwarf Beastmaster could be fun too. Pick Ape for lulz.

But it's required that you name the Ape 'Magilla'.

Ashrym
2016-11-18, 12:30 PM
Make a dwarf valor bard and tell them you are a battle piper (bagpipes) from the fifth flank.

Foxhound438
2016-11-18, 12:30 PM
What type of warrior would shine the most around this level? I'm thinking a hill dwarf eldritch knight, or maybe going with a hill dwarf battlerager. They seem cool and I've never seen one.

Obviously you are looking for the paladin class, good sir

Arcangel4774
2016-11-18, 03:45 PM
Have a beast master but make sure the beast has higher int/charisma than you. Your animal should talk on your behalf not the other way around

Lawful Good
2016-11-18, 08:04 PM
Have a beast master but make sure the beast has higher int/charisma than you. Your animal should talk on your behalf not the other way around

I actually lol'd

Dwarf: Rrr

Highly Intelligent Wolf with a British Accent: Oh, that's Ape. I keep him as a companion. And he's a great mouser.

Klorox
2016-11-18, 09:22 PM
If you're really gonna let these people choose your race and your role for you (which I wouldn't), Hill Dwarf Beastmaster could be fun too. Pick Ape for lulz.

The reasoning behind this was because it was the easiest way for the DM to work me in to a game quickly. He asked if I would mind playing a dwarf fighter.

Dwarf has always been my favorite race, so that works.

I'm discussing with him my options for class. For instance, if I were to choose mountain dwarf, pretty much any class can "look" like a fighter with the weapons and armor he would be proficient with.

That being said, I do not have a class that I either favor or dislike a lot. I like all of them.

Sigreid
2016-11-18, 10:45 PM
And the reason it has such low Charisma is that it has very bad tourette syndrome and occasionally his tick is to cast prestidigitation in a really weird way, but mostly it's just the facial contortions and foul language shouting e.g. turrettes guy.

Edit: and he doesn't know that he's doing it because he's so dumb

Long ago I had a wizard who was a pathological liar. I worked out with the DM that any time he cast a spell there was a 10% chance he lied during the incantation and the DM could do literally whatever he wanted.

It was fun for a goofball campaign.

Sigreid
2016-11-18, 10:47 PM

Someone has watched too much George of the Jungle?

Arcangel4774
2016-11-18, 11:30 PM
Someone has watched too much George of the Jungle?

Never seen it lol. I just saw beastmaster just after seeing the wizard that can barely speak and thought the two were a match made in heaven lol

Sigreid
2016-11-19, 11:12 AM
Never seen it lol. I just saw beastmaster just after seeing the wizard that can barely speak and thought the two were a match made in heaven lol

If you get the chance, see the old cartoons. They're really good. Better for adults than kids.