PDA

View Full Version : Force Adept Revamped [Prc]

Mr. Moogle
2007-07-14, 12:54 AM
Drail and Fronm, two trained goblin ambushers, had been stalking this quarry for 3 days and finally it looked as if their work would pay off. Tey were in the ideal positions to stealthily kill anyone who walked by, and as soon as their pray stepped by, he would already have two poisoned knifes in his kidneys. But things dont always go according to plan now, do they?...

-Wandering bards tale

Force adept

Prerequisites: Concentration 6 ranks, skill focus Concentration, arcane caster level 3rd, Bab +3, must have spent 3 whole days attuning themselves to the force matrix

Adventures: The path of the force adept may apeal to many, but the reality is that only te devout in mind can actually hope to succeed. Usualy they dont get along well with other arcane casters, thinking that they chose the easy road without truly tapping their inner power.

HD: d6
Force Adept
{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+2|Force Hand, Force Shield |+1 level of existing spellcasting class

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+3|Force feat|-

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+3|Inner force|-

4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+4|-|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+4|Combat Force|-

6th|
+6/+1|
+5|
+2|
+5|I Sense A Disturbance...|-

7th|
+7/+2|
+5|
+2|
+5|Force feat|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

8th|
+8/+3|
+6|
+2|
+6|Di force|-

9th|
+9/+4|
+6|
+3|
+6|Tri force|-

10th|
+10/+5|
+7|
+3|
+7|Force Aura|+1 level of existing spellcasting class [/table]

Force hand (Su): By tapping your inner web of power you can disrupt reality and control the resulting force creating some thing akin to Telekinesis. This mysterious force starts as only 5 pound Telekinesis that is usable, at will, as a standard action. For each point of your Con and Int modifiers add an aditional 5 pounds, also add five pounds per class level. When throwing objects, make a touch attack (+1 per 10 pounds of execs force you use) that deals damage equal to what of an object of their size/weight, +1 per 10 pounds of execs force you use. Also too rip a chunk of dirt out of the ground you must succeed a DC 20 concentration check.

Force Shield (Su): your body is always in contact with your inner power, resulting in a intangible feild of force. Add your Int bounus to your AC, this effect is active at all times.

Inner force (Ex): You have figured out how to tap the constant, sub-real limbo that surrounds us all and channel it into a diverse kind of precognition. Add your Int modifier to all saves.

Combat Force (Ex): You have found a way to use force without shifting from your fighting stance. your Force hand ability no longer provokes an attack of opprotunity.

I Sense A Disturbance...(Su): your precognition now extends far beond the reach of your five senses. you gain blindsense 30 and uncanny dodge.

Di/Tri Force(Su)Your force has grown enough so that you may use force on 2/3 objects per usage.

Force Aura (Su): By forcibly tearig the fabric of reality you may use force on all objects within 30 feet, but you become fateguied and lose 1d6-1 temporary intelegence.

Force feats
*I need your input /sugestions*

And thats my class

Enjoy...

Mr. Moogle
2007-07-14, 01:53 AM
No comments?
*goes emo*
WAHH!!!

Closet_Skeleton
2007-07-14, 05:06 AM
Two guidelines you seem not to be aware of:

1. All ability score prerequisites are supposed to be odd.

2. Prcs should never have ability score requirements, though they may have hidden ability score requirements in the prerequisites of feats and spells.

criticalstriker
2007-07-14, 05:18 AM
Two guidelines you seem not to be aware of:

1. All ability score prerequisites are supposed to be odd.

2. Prcs should never have ability score requirements, though they may have hidden ability score requirements in the prerequisites of feats and spells.

I have never quite understood these guidelines. While I follow them when making a class, I don't understand them. Why can't there be even numbered stat requirements? Why do the ability scores have to be "hidden"? If someone would be so kind as to enlighten me, I would much appreciate it.

Khantalas
2007-07-14, 07:24 AM
I have never quite understood these guidelines. While I follow them when making a class, I don't understand them. Why can't there be even numbered stat requirements? Why do the ability scores have to be "hidden"? If someone would be so kind as to enlighten me, I would much appreciate it.

Because getting a PrC should be a matter of building your character right, not a matter of rolling your dice well.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-07-14, 07:49 AM
Why can't there be even numbered stat requirements?

Its a convention, but mainly a cheap way to give odd ability scores a purpose.

Mr. Moogle
2007-07-14, 01:56 PM
Im sorry, ill change some of that.

Thexare Blademoon
2007-07-14, 02:30 PM
Because getting a PrC should be a matter of building your character right, not a matter of rolling your dice well.

So instead of requiring ability scores, they require feats that require ability scores.

How does that change anything? :smallconfused:

Khantalas
2007-07-14, 02:32 PM
So instead of requiring ability scores, they require feats that require ability scores.

Technically, nothing. That's called not knowing how to design your goddamn game right.

Besides, that's not my reasoning. That was paraphrased from some WotC book (possibly DMG II).

TwistedCable
2007-07-14, 09:05 PM
Have you considered using psionics instead of spellcasting for a base? It works a lot better than arcane spellcasting for both fluff and crunch. Otherwise, for feats, you could once again alter some psionic feats/abilities, or consider looking at star wars d20 for inspiration.

Finally, that force shield looks damn powerful - anyone who filled the requirements would be an idiot not to take it. Perhaps you should limit the maximum bonus to their force adept class level? Same for inner force as well - it's even more powerful, considering Int is already such an essential stat for wizards entering the class, as opposed to charisma for paladins. And the di/tri force seems a bit clustered next to each other - perhaps move di force back to 4th or 5th level?

Closet_Skeleton
2007-07-15, 02:08 AM

The feats generally require ability scores of only 13, meaning you can afford to take feats that don't require your primary stat. Also there are sometimes ways to get around those prerequisites, such as feats that count as other feats but have differant prerequisites.

Mr. Moogle
2007-07-19, 03:04 PM
any more comments? questions?