PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Interesting Roleplay Build for a Diplomat type person.

CaPtMalHammer
2016-11-18, 02:12 PM
This is a build I put together based on a skill monkey roleplaying type build. Not the most useful in combat. Is old age half-elf. The casting is low but not a priority in this at all. Lots of skill points and Face of the party flavor. What do you all think?

Kept this build to PH1 and 2, DM 1 and 2, completes and race books only.

1- Bard- (Bardic Music)(Lore Song)(Inspire Courage +1)(Healing Hymn)(Countersong)(Negotiator)
2- Cleric- (Spontaneous Domain)(Turn/Rebuke Undead)(Nobility Domain)(Community Domain)
3- Bard – (Complementary Insight)
4- Bard- Inspire Competence
5- Bard
6- Evangelist- (Skill Focus- Diplomacy) (Great Orator-Inspire Hope)
7- Evangelist- Fast Talk
8- Evangelist- (Great Orator-Inflame the Righteous)
9- Evangelist (Knowledge Devotion)(Skill Mastery)
10- Evangelist (Great Orator)(Convert the Unfaithful)
11- Exemplar (Skill Artistry)(Skill Mastery)
12- Exemplar (Force of Personality)(Lend Talent-1/2 penalty)
13- Exemplar (Bonus Feat-Versatile Performer)
14- Exemplar (Skill Artistry)(Sustaining Presence)
15- Exemplar (Persuasive)(Persuasive Performance)
16- Exemplar (Bonus Feat-Skill Focus-Sense Motive)
17- Exemplar (Skill Artistry)
18- Exemplar (Intellectual Agility)(Lend Talent-Equal to Penalty)
19- Exemplar (Bonus Feat-Alertness)
20- Exemplar (Skill Artistry)(Perfect Self)

CaPtMalHammer
2016-11-18, 04:29 PM
The diplomacy skill was the focus of this build. with this as is without stats and items gets the check before die roll to around 44 I think.

John Longarrow
2016-11-20, 03:49 AM
Marshall with motivate charisma. You get to add your CHA bonus twice.

Diovid
2016-11-20, 04:03 AM
The obvious thing to change is to replace countersong with soothing voice through the half-elf bard's substitution level from races of destiny.

Also, I desert half-elf would be a small upgrade (if I recall correctly).

In addition you will want to expand the things you can do with skills as much as possible. Things like some of the feats in phb2 (I think) and skill tricks help.

CaPtMalHammer
2016-11-21, 09:05 AM
Makes sense thank you:) was just an exercise piece but with some tweaks maybe I will run this in a game one day:)

Calthropstu
2016-11-21, 11:32 AM
My straight sorcerer has a +42 diplomacy at 12th level in PFS. And I could easily build it up higher.

I'm going to have to say pumping diplomacy is more than easy enough without any fancy tricks. Throwing out triple digit diplomacy numbers is fun and all, but generally useless.

CaPtMalHammer
2016-11-25, 11:14 AM
I agree. I have no intention of actually playing the character. maybe use it as a venerable NPC diplomat or something. Was just an exercise is seeing what is possible and people suggestions. thank you all.