PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Thoughts on a warchanter/warpriest build?

CaPtMalHammer
2016-11-18, 04:28 PM
Just an odd build I saw these two classes and the paladin bard feat and was like hmmm wonder if I can get this to work.. it kind does I think. no uber power but fun.

what do you all think?

1- Bard- (Bardic Music)(Lore Song)(Healing Hymn)(Inspire Courage)(Countersong)(Combat Casting)(Weapon Focus: ? )
2- Paladin- (Aura of Good)(Detect Evil)(Smite 1/Day)
3- Paladin- (Devoted Performer)(Divine Grace)(Lay on Hands)
4- Paladin- (Aura of Courage)(Divine Health)
5- Paladin- (Turn Undead)
6- War Chanter- (Knowledge Devotion)(Inspire Toughness)(War Chanter Music)
7- War Priest- (Glory Domain)(Rally)(Turn Undead)
8- War Chanter-
9- War Priest- (Leadership)(Inflame +2)
10- War Chanter- (Inspire Recklessness)
11- War Priest- (Mass Cure Light Wounds)
12- War Chanter- (Travel Devotion)
13- War Priest- (Inflame +4)
14- War Chanter- (Combine Songs)
15- War Priest- (Battle Dancer)(Fear Aura)
16- War Chanter-
17- War Priest- (Heroes’ Feast)(Inflame +6)
18- War Chanter- (Inspire Awe)(Chant of Fortitude)
19- War Priest- (Haste)
20- War Chanter- (Singing Shout)

CaPtMalHammer
2016-11-21, 09:10 AM
Guess I should mention the concept is a leadership mass buff type character. Help most your allies and keep things organized:)

allowed books: PH1 and 2, DMG 1 and 2, races of stone, destiny and Wild, Completes.

No Dragon, No Homebrew, No campaign specific books like Faerun.

ShneekeyTheLost
2016-11-21, 09:58 AM
What are your GM's opinions on:

* Book of Exalted Deeds
* Dragon Magic
* Magic Item Compendium
* Tome of Battle

The really important ones here are Dragon Magic and Tome of Battle. BoED can let you double-down, but Words of Creation is just additive rather than multiplicative.

Basically, you can do mostly the same thing with Bard/Crusader/War Chanter, using White Raven Song to stack Bard and Crusader levels for purposes of Bardic Music.

Then Dragonfire Inspiration. +1d6 elemental damage per hit for the whole party per point of Inspire. So with a +5 Inspire, that's +5d6 damage per hit for everyone in the group. Then you use Twin Song with Song of the Legion so that everyone has the same effective BAB (including iterative attacks) as the highest level person being affected by it (probably you unless there's someone with full BAB, since you're missing a single point).

This is particularly nasty in conjunction with a summoner type, because suddenly his weak little summons become cruise missiles, dishing out insane damage with very good odds of hitting, but having absolutely no staying power since the HD doesn't actually change.

CaPtMalHammer
2016-11-21, 11:28 AM
I know Tomb is out. Magic Item Compendium is in with no issue. :) the other two would have to ask about. I will say no for the most part because any book he doesn't own he is usually wary about:) doesn't trust pdfs lol:)

I do like the idea of the Raven Song is interesting and could be cool with this type of build.

ShneekeyTheLost
2016-11-21, 05:19 PM
I know Tomb is out. Magic Item Compendium is in with no issue. :) the other two would have to ask about. I will say no for the most part because any book he doesn't own he is usually wary about:) doesn't trust pdfs lol:)

I do like the idea of the Raven Song is interesting and could be cool with this type of build.

Well, if Tome of Battle is out, then so is White Raven Song and Crusader. It just means you'll have an extra hoop to jump through with Paladin.

If Dragon Magic is in, you've got a serious force multiplier with Dragonfire Inspiration. If not, then you can still stack flat bonuses to attack and damage on top of BAB boost for anyone not already a full BAB class.