PDA

View Full Version : Help, I'm bored!

WarKitty
2016-11-19, 02:26 PM
It's Saturday at the call center. I'm getting 20-30min between calls. I absolutely cannot leave my station. Internet isn't blocked, but a lot of things - especially online games - are. Image hosting and sharing is also blocked.

Someone entertain me or argue with me or something. :smallbiggrin:

lylsyly
2016-11-19, 02:36 PM
Okay. TAG, your it. Pick a subject.

I know! How's your weather? Here it is 80°, Mostly Cloudy, with a low of L 61° tonight. (South Florida)

WarKitty
2016-11-19, 02:39 PM
I'm in maryland and it's a bit over 60 out right now. And extremely windy, looking out the window. Looks like we have a storm moving in. I hope it thunders tonight, I love thunder. After I get home though.

lylsyly
2016-11-19, 02:42 PM
I've gotten a lot of people about half jealous online over the years. It can be 80 and I am on the beach on a Saturday in February. Of course, February is our coldest month and when a front comes in it could be 30 the next morning. back to norm within a day or two though.

WarKitty
2016-11-19, 02:45 PM
I'm actually a northerner by preference. So I'm a little sad it's only in the 60's in November. I spent the last 5 years between michigan and upstate new york, where there would be 3 feet of snow on the ground by now.

Anyways, I'll be off for about an hour now - it's time for my lunch break (finally! Lunch at 2:45 is a little ridiculous).

lylsyly
2016-11-19, 02:53 PM
Be here when you get back.

WarKitty
2016-11-19, 03:48 PM
Apparently it is now starting to snow here.

lylsyly
2016-11-19, 03:50 PM
That is something I don't miss. I hate cold, although I have experienced my share.

Colorado, England, Germany, Korea, Japan. Never ever could stand cold weather.

Douglas
2016-11-19, 03:52 PM
Maybe you could find a good ebook to read?

WarKitty
2016-11-19, 03:53 PM
Maybe you could find a good ebook to read?

I was never fond of interruptions in my reading, to be honest. The calls come in kind of at random.

WarKitty
2016-11-19, 03:54 PM
That is something I don't miss. I hate cold, although I have experienced my share.

Colorado, England, Germany, Korea, Japan. Never ever could stand cold weather.

Ah yeah, if I had money I'd take up skiing.

Heat, now, heat is my enemy. Part of it is on principle. You can always put more clothes on. There's a limit to what they'll let you take off in public.

lylsyly
2016-11-19, 03:56 PM
I'm the same way, when I get into a book, I don't want to put it down. Throw out the cat ;), lock the door, turn off the idiot box, and just read.

WarKitty
2016-11-19, 03:57 PM
I'm the same way, when I get into a book, I don't want to put it down. Throw out the cat ;), lock the door, turn off the idiot box, and just read.

Depends on the cat. I have the perfect reading cat - what she wants to do is sit next to you and snuggle while you rub her ears.

lylsyly
2016-11-19, 03:59 PM
I miss having a cat around. Can't right now. I have had some great ones over the years.

WarKitty
2016-11-19, 04:00 PM
I miss having a cat around. Can't right now. I have had some great ones over the years.

Yeah my girl is staying with a friend while I scrape together the money for an apartment of my own. Sad. But at least she's warm and gets her snuggles and brushies.

lylsyly
2016-11-19, 04:03 PM
Hmm... Never woulda figured you for a cat lover, go figure :bigsillygrin:

Had a maine **** once, female named dusty, come home from work upset and here is this big ball of fur in my lap, licking my nose. mOnly time she exhibited that behavior was when I was upset. Course half the time they seem smarter than us anyway so ...

WarKitty
2016-11-19, 04:10 PM
I'm guessing the censored word is "****" there. Silly forum filter!

Yeah, mimi's what they call a "domestic longhair." Which is pretty much vet speak for longhaired cat of unknown breeding. She's an adult rescue so we really don't know her parentage, exact age, any of that.

lylsyly
2016-11-19, 04:16 PM
yep, stupid forum filter. Dusty had to qualify for the best cat I ever had, roommate brings home a "rescue" great dane, cat "owns" the dog from the minute it sets foot in the house. Dang cat walks across the stove while I am cooking breakfast, dragging it's tail through the frying pan full of bacon, never let's out a peep, just spends 30 minutes licking her tail, most stoic thing I have ever seen, which is saying a lot because I spent 13 1/2 years in the Army and knew some really stoic guys.

WarKitty
2016-11-19, 04:19 PM
Mimi was a challenge at first. She's not real keen on strangers. Or strange noises. Or thunderstorms. Or...you get the idea. She's one of those cats that takes a while to warm up to you.

Old roommate's cat, now...he thought the world existed to love him. Or for him to eat. I once had to hand back a student paper and apologize for the teeth marks on it due to him.

lylsyly
2016-11-19, 04:22 PM
That's funny, I'm sorry, the cat ate your homework.

WarKitty
2016-11-19, 04:24 PM
Ser Pounce-a-lot was nothing if not entertaining. And sometimes annoying. I swear that cat had ADHD.

Mimi begs for food, like most cats. Pouncy doesn't beg - he steals. He thinks it a fun game.

lylsyly
2016-11-19, 04:27 PM
I gotta get ready to go to my crappy little parttime dishwashing/gofer gig.

Enjoyed chatting with you, have to do it again sometime.

Luck and hugs.

Dan

WarKitty
2016-11-19, 05:22 PM
Are you the chairman of the board?

No, just bored in the chair :smallbiggrin:

Blackhawk748
2016-11-19, 05:26 PM
Its 34 (or less im nt sure right now) with 40 mph winds and i just spent like 6 hours deer hunting. Be happy you are warm right now :smalltongue:

Darth V
2016-11-22, 06:51 AM
Internet isn't blocked, but a lot of things - especially online games - are. Image hosting and sharing is also blocked.

Do you still have access to TvTropes? :smallwink:

DracoknightZero
2016-11-22, 07:04 AM
Why not start reading the IC games in progress on this site? I know thats what i am doing when i feel overly bored and need a story ^^;

danzibr
2016-11-22, 10:27 AM
I actually came to this part of the forum because I was bored :P

WarKitty
2016-11-22, 10:52 AM
Do you still have access to TvTropes? :smallwink:

I do, actually! I finally got bored with them though.

Bicorn
2016-12-02, 03:57 PM
Play smite.

it is free and very time consuming.

WarKitty
2016-12-02, 04:31 PM
Play smite.

it is free and very time consuming.

I might point out that (1) I'm at work, which means games are blocked and (2) I'm at work, which means anything I play has to be interruptable at a moment's notice.

Flickerdart
2016-12-02, 04:37 PM
I've always found that the Pokemon games are excellent for interruptibility - they are completely turn-based, it's pretty easy to keep track of what you're doing even if you resume hours later, and each game lasts dozens of hours.

KillingAScarab
2016-12-04, 09:22 AM
I've always found that the Pokemon games are excellent for interruptibility - they are completely turn-based, it's pretty easy to keep track of what you're doing even if you resume hours later, and each game lasts dozens of hours.I might second this, but with the caution that if you add in self-imposed challenge such as a Nuzlocke run you might get very invested.

WarKitty
2016-12-10, 01:54 PM
Well, my boredom problem has been solved - they managed to miss nethack online when blocking games.

lylsyly
2016-12-10, 02:18 PM
LOL, only till you start playing it. Wanna bet?

WarKitty
2016-12-10, 03:02 PM
I don't think anyone's actually looking. The filter seems to be very crude from what I've seen. I also know I'm not the only one who has a game on the side that they play.

lylsyly
2016-12-10, 03:11 PM
Every time I played a game at work they got me via the activity log. Of course they have to have someone intentionally looking at it. I have to head out to my crappy part-time gig. Good luck.