PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class Vassal of Sardior - new PRC

kalos72
2016-11-19, 07:06 PM
I am looking for some help to develop a new PRC similar to the Vassal of Bahamut but for Neutral/Psionics that follow Sardior, The Gem Dragon Master.

Anyone have any thoughts about how that class might look?

ImperatorV
2016-11-19, 11:16 PM
Sardior is a bit weird by D&D deity standards. He doesn't seem to care about worship, but cares a lot about knowledge. He also does not really have followers outside of true dragons, unlike Bahamut who takes all mortals and Tiamat who is worshiped by kobolds a lot.

If making a "Vassal of Sardior" Prc, I'd say make it less religious based and more about pursuit of the ideals of knowledge and psionics, as exemplified by Sardior. Probably big knowledge pre-reqs, have it advance or give psionics, and have some Clairsentience benefits. Plus general draconic stuff (ruby-colored scales and wings come to mind).

The other big thing about Sardior is his Thanes (chosen dragons of each of the gem types (only one of each) that serve him), and I remember one PRC somewhere based on him that let the PC raise Thanes, giving them some benefits based on the gem dragons.

Also, anything that applies to gem dragons in general is something you should consider including.

kalos72
2016-11-20, 12:40 AM
Good stuff, thanks! I just read the Dragon on him and have started to dig into the lore around him.

I was working on another PRC that was base psion with some Mindblade and Erudite thrown in. Although I like the Font of Power and Steal Life SU's from other classes as well.

I thin lore for the thanes will come into play a lot but I doubt anything about the different dragon abilities, I have got alot to squeeze into this new PrC as it is. :)

Also thinking about what a "Chosen of Sardior" would look like as well....

kalos72
2016-11-20, 01:17 PM
Doesa anyone know what being "Chosen" of a deity in FR actually does, stat wise?

I always got the impression it was simply a "template" that applied over the existing player for the most part. Any thoughts on a Chosen of Sardior stats wise?

In my game, his is the Master of the Gem Dragons, along par with Bahamut and Tiamat AND Psionics.