PDA

View Full Version : Bonus Sorcerer Spell Lists

Baptor
2016-11-19, 09:46 PM
So the UA Storm Sorcerer got some specific bonus spells known, which were removed for the final version in the SCAG. I know some people thought that not only was the bonus list a good idea, but that each origin should get one too. I also think someone here did a list for each origin but I can't find it anymore.

So, does anyone know where I can find those bonus spell lists? If I am crazy and they don't exist I guess I can take a crack at it myself.

SharkForce
2016-11-19, 10:00 PM
the person who made those bonus lists is kryx, i believe.

a link to his sorcerer rework (including giving each origin some spells known) can be found here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?495592-Sorcerer-Rework)

Baptor
2016-11-19, 11:09 PM
the person who made those bonus lists is kryx, i believe.

a link to his sorcerer rework (including giving each origin some spells known) can be found here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?495592-Sorcerer-Rework)

Thank you.

Dalebert
2016-11-20, 10:21 AM
Yeah. I'm in favor of one extra spell for each spell levels 1 through 5, sort of like domain spells based on sorcerer origin.

Gastronomie
2016-11-20, 10:24 AM
Yeah. I'm in favor of one extra spell for each spell levels 1 through 5, sort of like domain spells based on sorcerer origin.It really is weird that Sorcerers don't get "origin spells". Land Druids get extra spells based on region, Clerics get extra spells based on domain, Paladins get extra spells based on oath, Warlocks get extra spells based on patron... why not extra spells based on sorcerous origin?

Not as a "power level problem" (overpowered, underpowered etc.) but rather as a "fluff problem", I really don't get how they didn't give Sorcerers Origin Spells in the first place.

Blue Lantern
2016-11-20, 10:43 AM
Not as a "power level problem" (overpowered, underpowered etc.) but rather as a "fluff problem", I really don't get how they didn't give Sorcerers Origin Spells in the first place.

if you want my opinion, because the Sorcerer class was put up at the last second after the total switch they did from the playtest material that, apparently, was not well received.

Kryx
2016-11-21, 05:27 AM
if you want my opinion, because the Sorcerer class was put up at the last second after the total switch they did from the playtest material that, apparently, was not well received.
Agreed, the class didn't get much focus as a result.

Thanks SharkForce for sharing my rework. :)

Giant2005
2016-11-21, 05:58 AM
It really is weird that Sorcerers don't get "origin spells". Land Druids get extra spells based on region, Clerics get extra spells based on domain, Paladins get extra spells based on oath, Warlocks get extra spells based on patron... why not extra spells based on sorcerous origin?

Warlocks don't really get extra spells, they merely get extra choices for their spells.

Kryx
2016-11-21, 07:05 AM
Warlocks don't really get extra spells, they merely get extra choices for their spells.
Warlocks really should get to pick 1 of their pact spells to be known at each level they get pact spells imo.

Gastronomie
2016-11-21, 07:19 AM
Warlocks don't really get extra spells, they merely get extra choices for their spells.I know. But Sorcerers should get that too.

Giant2005
2016-11-21, 10:42 AM
Warlocks really should get to pick 1 of their pact spells to be known at each level they get pact spells imo.

I agree!
As it is in canon, it really feels like a non-ability. Having access to more spells to choose from really isn't doing much for me while I'm busy choosing generic Warlock spells.