PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class The Quickblade: Time bending Martial Class (PEACH)

The_Iron_Lord
2016-11-20, 11:28 AM
Hello!
I made up a new base class, and I want to know how powerful it is (probably to strong, though I'm not sure...)

The Quickblade

HD: d10

Level
Base Attack Bonus
Fort Save
Ref Save
Will Save
Manuevers known
Manuevers readied
Stances Known
Class Features

1st
+1
+2
+2
+0
Haste 1/day, The Clock is Ticking, +10 speed

2nd
+2
+3
+3
+0
Time Leap, Combat Reflexes

3rd
+3
+3
+3
+1
+20 speed, Evasion

4th
+4
+4
+4
+1
Haste 2/day

5th
+5
+4
+4
+1
+30 speed, Future sword

6th
+6
+5
+5
+2
-

7th
+7
+5
+5
+2
+40 speed, Haste 3/day

8th
+8
+6
+6
+2
-

9th
+9
+6
+6
+3
+50 speed, The Clock Strikes Twelve

10th
+10
+7
+7
+3
Haste 4/day

[tr]

Skill points at first level: (2+Int mod) x4
Skill points at other levels: 2+Int mod
Skills: Climb, Concentration, Craft, Intimidate, Hide, Jump, Move Silently, Sense Motive
Weapons and Armor Proficiency: A Quickblade is proficient in the use of all simple and martial weapons and light armor, but no shields or heavier armor.
Manuevers: The Quickblade can learn manuevers from the Diamond mind, Setting sun, and Shadow Hand disciplines. The Quickblade can recover one manuever by meditating as a full-round action, like the Swordsage.
Haste(Su): The Quickblade can create an effect on himself similar to haste as a swift action.This effect last for a number of rounds equal to his Quickblade level. At 4th, 7th, and 10th levels he gains another use of this ability per day.
The Clock is Ticking(Su): When a Quickblade hits an opponent with a weapon, the enemy suffer 1 extra damage per round for a number of rounds equal to the quickblade's level. This is not a bleed effect, and cannot be stopped by healing.
Speed boost(Ex): At first level, the Quickblade gains a 10 foot enhancement bonus to his speed. At 3rd level, and every 2 levels thereafter, this bonus increases by ten.
Time leap(Su): At second level, the Quickblade gains a +30 competence bonus to Jump checks, and has no maximum distance.
Combat Reflexes: At second level, the Quickblade gains Combat Reflexes as a bonus feat.
Future Sword(Su): At 5th level, the Quickblade gains the ability to delay his strikes in exchange for more damage. The Quickblade, when striking an opponent, can choose for the opponent to not take damage from his attack until the Quickblade's next turn, in exchange for the attack dealing an extra +1d10 damage.
The Clock Strikes Twelve(Su): At 9th level, the Quickblade gains a "precognizance pool". THis pool contains 12 points, and gains another point every 2 levels after 9th. The Quickblade can spend any number of these points as an untyped bonus to any save, skill check, attack roll, damage roll, or ability check. The act of choosing to spend these points is a non-action, and is part of the performance of the check the bonus is applied to. The Quickblade's precognizance pool refreshes itself at dawn on each day.

I plan to make more than five levels for this class, but here's how I'm going to start.
Thank you for your help in advance,
The_Iron_Lord

InvisibleBison
2016-11-20, 12:23 PM
First thoughts:
- You might want to tone down the maneuver progression a bit; it's basically the same as a warblade's, but the quickblade gets better class features. (Though no stances, so perhaps that's a tradeoff?)
- Haste is confusingly worded. You say the quickblade casts it, but it's labeled as a supernatural ability. Is it a spell, spell-like ability or supernatural ability?
- I think it might be better to make the speed bonus an enhancement bonus rather than an untyped bonus. A quickblade is going to be crazy fast no matter what, so depriving him of most other form of speed boosts isn't that big of a deal.
- Future sword seems a bit strong. Maybe, instead of double damage, give a scaling damage bonus? Like +1d10 damage at 5th level, +2d10 at seventh, and so on.
- What weapon/armor proficiencies does the quickblade get?
- How does a quickblade refresh his maneuvers?

The_Iron_Lord
2016-11-20, 12:36 PM
First thoughts:
- You might want to tone down the maneuver progression a bit; it's basically the same as a warblade's, but the quickblade gets better class features. (Though no stances, so perhaps that's a tradeoff?)
- Haste is confusingly worded. You say the quickblade casts it, but it's labeled as a supernatural ability. Is it a spell, spell-like ability or supernatural ability?
- I think it might be better to make the speed bonus an enhancement bonus rather than an untyped bonus. A quickblade is going to be crazy fast no matter what, so depriving him of most other form of speed boosts isn't that big of a deal.
- Future sword seems a bit strong. Maybe, instead of double damage, give a scaling damage bonus? Like +1d10 damage at 5th level, +2d10 at seventh, and so on.
- What weapon/armor proficiencies does the quickblade get?
- How does a quickblade refresh his maneuvers?

1: Okay, that's a good idea. They do in fact get stances, I have been repeatedly editing the table as I realized how much I forgot.
2: I'll edit it. It is a supernatural ability...I'll have to specify that it only works on the Quickblade.
3: Alright...I wanted it to work with Expeditious Retreat, so I made it untyped so it would stack. That might be a bit crazy, though...
4: Okay, that seems good. I wasn't sure about whether it was a good idea...
5:Added it to the OP
6:Added it to the OP

The_Iron_Lord
2016-11-26, 06:37 PM
I added 5 more levels to the OP, please evaluate the class feature that I added and the maneuver progression.

The_Iron_Lord
2016-12-04, 08:08 PM
Bumped, I want more input...

Sorry!

lbuttitta
2017-03-30, 01:54 PM
This may be a stupid question, but is this a prestige class or a base class? The lack of prerequisites makes me think that this is a base class, but there only being 10 listed levels would suggest that this is a prestige class.

nikkoli
2017-03-30, 02:40 PM
This may be a stupid question, but is this a prestige class or a base class? The lack of prerequisites makes me think that this is a base class, but there only being 10 listed levels would suggest that this is a prestige class.

Hello!
I made up a new base class, and I want to know how powerful it is (probably to strong, though I'm not sure...)

Base class it seems