PDA

View Full Version : HP Wand Analysis ?

Pavbat666
2016-11-20, 02:12 PM
Does anyone here do HP wand analysis? I've been pondering over what my wand would be and I am stuck between 3 wands on Pottermore (don't even ask how this happened):

- Blackthorn, Unicorn Hair Wand, Hard Flexibility

- Pear, Dragon Heartstring, Pliant Flexibility

- Hawthorn, Unicorn Hair, Hard Flexibility

I like all three since I am a gentler person and I keep to myself but I still try to be socially active. I also still like a powerful wand and I learn reasonably quickly. I have ENFJ personality type, a ravenclaw, and a Taurus (Birthday: May 13th).

Thanks in Advance!

Aedilred
2016-11-21, 04:27 PM
I like all three since I am a gentler person and I keep to myself but I still try to be socially active. I also still like a powerful wand and I learn reasonably quickly. I have ENFJ personality type, a ravenclaw, and a Taurus (Birthday: May 13th).

Thanks in Advance!

You're probably in a better position to judge which is appropriate than we are. Given the woods and wand cores available I think the real decision is whether you want consistency or power. The wood/core balances you've been presented with mean none of the combinations is likely to "go Dark" so the concern that might otherwise hang over the power side of things is largely irrelevant. Personally I would go for the heartstring but that reflects my own tendencies (and indeed, it's my own wand core).

golentan
2016-11-21, 06:36 PM
I admit this made me curious, so I looked up the pottermore quiz and got

Redwood, Unicorn Hair, Hard flexibility

Seems pretty nice to me. I actually live near redwoods, and they're my favorite tree when I go on walks. And the description of unicorn hair seems to fit well with how I imagine myself.

Artemis97
2016-11-22, 01:28 AM
I took the quiz and ended up with a 10 and 3/4 inch chestnut wood wand with a unicorn hair core and hard flexibility. A combination which apparently makes me have a predilection for justice. I was hoping for dragon heartstring, as I have a fondness for dragons, though knowing I hurt a dragon to get my wand core would make me sad. Dragon heartstring also apparently makes for greedy people in chestnut wands.

I'm also a Ravenclaw and a Pukwudgie, and I haven't yet taken the Patronus quiz. What have other people gotten for their quizzes?

Aedilred
2016-11-22, 08:44 AM
I'm also a Ravenclaw and a Pukwudgie, and I haven't yet taken the Patronus quiz. What have other people gotten for their quizzes?

I misremembered my core earlier. My wand is elder with a phoenix feather core, thirteen and three quarter inches, unyielding. I'm a Slytherin, and my patronus is a ragdoll cat. I haven't done the Ilvermorny sorting.

The combination on the wand seems to suggest that my wand is extremely particular about its owner, as elder and phoenix feathers are among the fussiest components, and it's unyielding to boot.

khadgar567
2016-11-22, 09:47 AM
can any one post the test

Fri
2016-11-22, 10:30 AM
It's in pottermore, but you have to register.

https://www.pottermore.com/

khadgar567
2016-11-22, 11:32 AM
then its cypress wood, unicorn hair. 10 3/4" length slightly springy flexibility thoug if ı make one my self probably dragon bone as casing and phoenix feather or veela hair as core 11" length