PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Characters as D and D 5e Characters

DungeonD-Head
2016-11-20, 03:17 PM
It's something a One Piece-fanatic friend of mine and I frequently speculate on and I'd love to hear others' thoughts on it! As far as we could gather;

Luffy:??? (Possibly a monk, maybe a fighter with the tavern brawler feat.)
Zoro: Fighter (Two handed fighting style, carries a dagger in his mouth?)
Nami: Tempest Cleric
Usopp: Ranger
Sanji: Monk (Elemental discipline, leaning towards fire)

Additional thoughts are more than welcome!

Foxydono
2016-11-20, 03:32 PM
I'd say Luffy fits the description of my psychometabolic archetype monk! Using ki to change and adept his own body :)

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?505771-Way-of-the-Psychometabolic-Monk

Edit: you could change some of the powers. For example he could expand parts of his own body (for example his arms or legs) while concentrating (passively), while his active ability would cost 1 ki and make him resistant to bludgeoning damage!

Breaklance
2016-11-20, 05:44 PM
Chopper is definitely a druid
Brook could be a paladin because his music being cha based and his ice elemental sword attacks (just reflavor a smite)

GorinichSerpant
2016-11-20, 07:21 PM
I would say Luffy is a barbarian with tavern brawler rather than Monk because he's very undisciplined and angrily punches all his opponents.

Breaklance
2016-11-20, 10:28 PM
I would say Luffy is a barbarian with tavern brawler rather than Monk because he's very undisciplined and angrily punches all his opponents.

Hmm eldritch knight might be better so that action surge / haste is gear 2 and self cast enlarge as gear 3rd. He's an add one cause flurry of blows dies work really well with Gatling gun.

Citan
2016-11-21, 04:09 AM
It's something a One Piece-fanatic friend of mine and I frequently speculate on and I'd love to hear others' thoughts on it! As far as we could gather;

Luffy:??? (Possibly a monk, maybe a fighter with the tavern brawler feat.)
Zoro: Fighter (Two handed fighting style, carries a dagger in his mouth?)
Nami: Tempest Cleric
Usopp: Ranger
Sanji: Monk (Elemental discipline, leaning towards fire)

Additional thoughts are more than welcome!
Hi!

I'd say Luffy would be closer to a Sun Soul Monk (refluff the ranged attack as arm extension) mixed with a Barbarian (hurt insensitivity and increased damage because he's angry).

Agreed on Zoro and Nami.

I'm mixed about Usopp. The Ranger part goes well with the "planty" thing, but it's not conjurations, rather objects. So I'd tend to make him rather a Thief ("use object" to swap special ammunitions), with houserule to implement the craft of "conjure plants" ammunitions.
But then there is also his craftiness and ability to lie/convince, which would fit a Mastermind or a Bard...
With that said, it's also true that Ranger's spelllist offer enough "plant-thematic" spells that fit the fighting style of Usopp.
So for a pure class, I agree with you.
For a multiclass though, I'd say that adding Rogue for mobility + expertise and/or Bard for Jack of all Trade, Cutting Words, Expertise and Vicious Mockery would be the best, depending on your stats and your focus.

Same with Chopper. Druid seems the obvious choice as first, because of Wild Shaping, but in fact, he needs a special item to gain more transformations, for a very limited period of time. Putting that aside, he's also the one dedicated to healing. So I would view him best as a mix between Life Cleric and Moon Druid, with Cleric as main.

Sanji: Elemental Monk is probably one of the best fits, since he can also Fly. No special need for multiclass (although it could make it even closer).

Brook, I'd say is much closer to a Valor Bard: Charisma-based also, spells born from instruments, spell list totally in phase (Sleep, Deafness, Confusion) as well as Combat Inspiration. And Valor Bard can always pick up and refluff a smite spell later if no multiclass, or just dip Paladin 2.

Franky would obviously be a (Warforged) Fiend Warlock, all in light and rays (Eldricht Blast / Scorching Ray / Fireball) with either required feats to get heavy armor or a dip in Fighter for Constitution and heavy armor.

Quoxis
2016-11-22, 10:28 AM
Nami seems too frail to me to be a cleric, rather a storm sorcerer; those don't get quarterataff proficiency, so probably with a dip.
Robin could be a chainlock with a pixie familiar reflavored to be a set of arms, able to shoot projectiles, her spells being focused on slowing, disabling etc. Her most important move: mage HAND.