PDA

View Full Version : Engineer class. 5e

Snig
2016-11-21, 09:55 AM
Hey guys. I have the option to use this homebrew class in an upcoming campaign. It looks well thought out, and a lot of fun. I'm wondering if anyone has tried it, and what you all think about the balance of the class.

Take a look and tell me what you think. I'm torn between demolitionist and Kinetic.

www.enworld.org/forum/rpgdownloads.php?do=download&downloadid=1231

Ninja_Prawn
2016-11-21, 10:03 AM
Snig, your link doesn't work.

Snig
2016-11-21, 10:48 AM
Fixed. Copy and paste that link should work. Thanks.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-11-21, 10:53 AM
Fixed. Copy and paste that link should work. Thanks.

Cool. I'll have a look when I get chance. As an engineer by profession, I have a particular interest in this one!

khadgar567
2016-11-21, 11:24 AM
for artificer wannabe class. It is classic aka lets give artificer spell casting by calling it schematics per level or gadgets per level
so here is the harsh review
gadget use
you have basic artificer fluff must incorporate in to clothing or weapon to use
other fluff is basicly good but screams classic I want to make artificer but I dont know how to make unique
so 1 to 5 grade to class is 2.1

Ninja_Prawn
2016-11-21, 02:07 PM
Hmm. This is far too much new material for me to say whether it's balanced or not off the cuff. You're going to need someone who's actually playtested it, if there is such a person here.

My instinct says that it's probably close enough to the wizard to be safe, but there's a load of design choices in there that I don't like, so I'd be reluctant to let it into my own games without thorough testing by others.

*shrug*