PDA

View Full Version : D&D 1 shot level 20 Mission Character help

Nosta
2016-11-21, 05:22 PM
so my friend will be hosting a special D&D mission for my group or the holidays
The Rules are simple.
Class must be from PHB1 ALt class features allowed and feats from any book allowed along with spells race can with out la
but the class must be from PHB1

My trouble is choosing a class

I have it narrowed down to 4

1:Bard
2: Paladin
3: Druid
4: Wizard conjurer

because these are the base classes from PHB I never used

i like combat but i do not wish to be a one trick pony

i often play gish or TOB classes
but i want to get out of my comfort zone.

2016-11-21, 05:25 PM
Wizard 20 or Druid 20, if built/played well, can fill basically any/every role in the game without even using super-cheese. With my current time constraints, the best advice I can give is look up a handbook on Wizards or Druids, and go to town.

ExLibrisMortis
2016-11-21, 05:34 PM
Do you get to use prestige classes?

Of the four options, the conjurer wizard is probably the least gishy, thus the furthest from what you usually play. Simply spamming summons may get boring, so how about combining that with some fog spells, for BFC, and some orb spells, for direct damage?

Nosta
2016-11-21, 05:42 PM
Do you get to use prestige classes?

Of the four options, the conjurer wizard is probably the least gishy, thus the furthest from what you usually play. Simply spamming summons may get boring, so how about combining that with some fog spells, for BFC, and some orb spells, for direct damage?

the DM is going to limit us on what prestige class we can choose
He's picking two for each base class but i'm not sure what they are

oh i forgot the orb spells are conjuration spells

well i want to play a Human (cause i want my feat) but i want to use the rule for having my spell book as tats on my body.
but i like to make my summons as strong as they can be

Eldariel
2016-11-21, 06:22 PM
Well, you can make do with any class but with 9th level spells in the game, you'll be missing out if you don't break them out and see the mayhem you can enjoy. Yeah, as others have said, Wizard would probably be a wonderful experience. You'll get to break out all the glory of Shapechange, Time Stop, Disjunction, Polymorph Any Object, Simulacrum, Foresight, Moment of Prescience, Contingency - ah, it's a wonderful life. Not to mention the minionmancy of Simulacrum, Greater Planar Binding, Animate Dead, etc. Hell, you can even do a bit of Gishing if you feel like it, purely on the back of the power of Shapechange (just max out all your creature recognition Knowledges). Make no mistake. This is the level where Wizards are Gods. Playing a God even once is a glorious feeling.