PDA

View Full Version : Please name this old arcade game

bigbaddragon
2016-11-22, 01:24 PM
Hi all,

The game I'm searching for is prolly 20+ years old. Here's what details I remember of it:

- vertical scroller
- your character has 2 kinds of weapons, the "regular" one which was enough for small fry monsters and a "big" one which was effective vs bosses and some tougher mobs; both firing modes could be used at the same time and had no limit/ammo restriction
- there were some lion head statues that shot at you on ground levels, the "big" weapon was effective against them
- 1st stage was land based
- the boss at the end of 1st stage was a giant cyclops, you'd hit him with the big gun 5-6 times to defeat him
- 2nd stage you were flying over the water and grew wings for this, there was no boss here as far as memory serves
- 3rd stage was land based too, don't remember the boss
- 4th stage was over water again and the boss was a huge green (I think it was green) dragon that took the upper half of the screen and saturated the screen with "bullets" almost as soon as he appeared; never got past this stage
- one last thing I remember was the "witch", an enemy in a robe that would fling some circular thingies at your character; IIRC it could disappear and/or teleport

Rings any bells ?

KillingAScarab
2016-11-24, 01:35 PM
This sounds a bit like Time Soldiers (http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=10123). Do you remember what the player characters were like in it?

bigbaddragon
2016-11-24, 01:49 PM
I looked it up. The setting in the game I was describing was fantasy oriented.
As far as the weapons I mentioned go, I don't remember them having an actual model. It was more like the character was throwing bullets and some other larger bullets with his hands. And there was only one character.