PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Late Level Progression help for build?

CaPtMalHammer
2016-11-22, 03:25 PM
A Human Master thrower build. Have this so far. where do you suggest I take it from here?

1- Rogue (Sneak Attack 1d6)(Trapfinding)(Point Blank Shot)(Precise Shot)
2- Swashbuckler (Weapon Finesse)
3- Swashbuckler (Weapon Focus- Dagger)(Grace +1)
4- Swashbukler (Insightful Strike)
5- Rogue (Evasion)
6- Rogue (Daring Outlaw)(Penetrating Strike)(Sneak Attack 3d6)(Dodge +1)
7- Master Thrower (Quick Draw)(Thrown Weapon Trick)
8- Master Thrower (Improved Evasion)
9- Master Thrower (Thrown Weapon Trick)(Improved Crit)
10- Master Thrower (Snatch Arrows)
11- Master Thrower (Critical Throw)(Thrown Weapon Trick)

Allowed books: Completes, PH1 and 2, race of destiny and stone, DMG1 and 2, Spell Comp.,

prufock
2016-11-22, 05:02 PM
Warblade 4/Bloodstorm Blade 5? Not necessarily all in that order; probably best to go WB 1/BB 5/Warblade +3.

CaPtMalHammer
2016-11-22, 05:18 PM
I would love to take those but that book is not on my allowed book list :) which is what is making this harder. Thank You though.

ExLibrisMortis
2016-11-22, 05:57 PM
Chameleon, and use hunter's eye and grave strike/vine strike etc. to make your sneak attacks?

CaPtMalHammer
2016-11-23, 09:05 AM
i do like vine strike and hunters eye for sure for sneak attack damage:) cant really change race at this point though:)

any suggestions for class levels for remaining build to 20 or feats?

ExLibrisMortis
2016-11-23, 09:41 AM
i do like vine strike and hunters eye for sure for sneak attack damage:) cant really change race at this point though:)
... You don't need to change your race. The chameleon class requires 'human', and you are 'human'. You just need Able Learner, which is a first-level only feat. Simply replace one of your existing first-level feats with Able Learner, and you're done.

CaPtMalHammer
2016-11-23, 10:19 AM
Interesting. never actually looked at that class before. :) not sure it fits the rogue swashbuckler feel of this build though but is cool. I may use it in a human factotum build:)

prufock
2016-11-23, 11:09 AM
I would love to take those but that book is not on my allowed book list :) which is what is making this harder. Thank You though.
Sorry, I missed that on the first read through.

I mean, the first thing that comes to mind is that you're missing a few basic thrower feats - rapid shot and far shot. Something simple, like a 2-level fighter dip, will give you those via bonus feats.

Telling blow may also be a good choice for you, since you have a decent crit range.

Assassin is an OK choice (more sneak attack, some buff spells), and Complete Adventurer has a bunch of +sneak attack prestige classes. Even master of masks might be interesting, though it's generally considered sub-optimal.

CaPtMalHammer
2016-11-23, 11:33 AM
Agree fully for rapid shot and far shot to be added at some point during this build either from fighter dip or from slogging through levels:)

master of masks? interesting thought. Assassin could work although would have to become evil somehow:) am chaotic neutral right now. not a huge change to make that work.

Will take a look through adventurer again..