PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Social-Oriented Bard or Sorcerer

Oerlaf
2016-11-23, 03:30 AM
I wish to build a more social-oriented Bard or Sorcerer compatible with D&D Adventures League and that has 5th level (I have DM'd some adventures so I'm eligible to participate in DM Quests the total reward from completing which will let me level my character up to 5th level).

But I want to make the character not only be optimized as much as possible but I also do not want my character be some sort of fantasy cliche), so either some non-Charisma-based race or something other,

Could you give me any hints?

MrFahrenheit
2016-11-23, 05:18 AM
Go bard. Expertise in social skills will be infinitely more valuable than just proficiency for relevant situations there if that's what you're looking to optimize.

As for a non-cha race, anything that boosts two of the three most common saves is appealing. Hill dwarf and wood elf come to mind. Mountain dwarf can work, too - obviates the need to MC or go valor for better AC. Set dex to 13 and cha to 15, then boost both at your first ASI to enjoy full benefits of medium armor.

SillyPopeNachos
2016-11-23, 06:02 AM
The Bard has a better spell selection for the social side of d&d.

Specter
2016-11-23, 06:04 AM
The guide in my signature may help.

agnos
2016-11-23, 06:40 AM
Scourge Aasimar Criminal Lore Bard
Criminal because he deserted his post as a drummer in an army. Flits to various areas to prevent being noticed making ends meat by supporting local bards and musicians with accompaniament. One who ignores his dreams and only assuages their desires occasionally to gain a repreave from the constant 'guidance.'

Bard 1 -> Life Cleric 1 -> Bard X

Str 8
Dex 10
Con 15
Int 10
Wis 14
Cha 14

Scourge Aasimar gives Con +1, Cha +2. Bard level 4 ASI gives Cha +2. Life Cleric gives Bless, Cure Wounds, Healing Word, Protection from Evil, +1 spell, heavy armor and shield. Bard does everything else.

Oerlaf
2016-11-23, 01:23 PM
Thanks to all who answered. I decided to make a tiefling bard that likes to sing in a soft baritone.

Great!