Ninja_Prawn
2016-11-23, 07:27 AM
Episode 1
Scene 1

Dress: school uniform
Morning Person: YES
Quaint Greeting: YES
Runner's Glow: NO
It's the first day of term and, for the six of you, your first day at King Henry School for Girls as well. When you finally find you way through a maze of creaking, wood-paneled corridors to your form room*, most of your new classmates are already there. It is painfully obvious that they have known each other for years, as they have already sorted themselves into cliques and colonised all but one of the desks. The room goes quiet when the other girls realise who you are, and you can all sense a mixture of awe, admiration and jealousy in their stares.

You are, after all, the latest batch of promising young starlets to join the Lilywhites' Academy. Some of you will surely go on to have glorious (and lucrative) careers as professional footballers - something that most girls your age can only dream of.

So, you take your seats and make awkward small talk while you wait for the tutor to arrive.

That is, until another two football-scholarship girls stride in. One, a sandy-haired beauty with a stunning smile, clocks you immediately and heads over, saying "oh my days, how old is this place? It's like a freakin' medieval castle or somethin'!" The other, with the classical tall, thin body you often see in goalkeepers, takes a seat and explains: "what she means is that we got lost on the way here. Twice. We didn't miss anything, did we? My name's Charlotte, by the way, but please call me Lottie."

"Right, yeah," says the other. "I'm Aimee Jones; AJ for short!"

Soon after, one of the KHSG girls saunters over to your table. Casting an appraising glance over the whole lot of you, she observes "so, you're the new crop of Lilywhites, hm? Interesting." Then, to your surprise, she pulls up a chair. "You don't mind if I join you, do you? It's Megan, Megan Eckhart."

At this point, your form tutor, Ms. Rose, bustles into the room. Grey-haired but pretty, her long and frilly skirt looks like something out of a costume drama. Which means it fits right into your surroundings, really. Based on the collection of Shakespeare posters on the walls, you have already deduced that she teaches English, which means almost all of you will have classes with her, too. Luckily, she seems friendly!

After taking the register and reading out a few mundane announcements, Ms. Rose tells you that there are no classes until second bell, which gives you about half an hour in form, to get to know one another. In order to break the ice, she produces a hat filled with little slips of paper. Each student must pick from the hat and then improvise a 1-minute speech on whatever is written on the paper!

Unopposed roll!!

Allure d5 – give a speech that’s passionate, maybe even risqué, to catch the attention of the others! 1VP towards AJ & Lottie.
Luck d5 – get assigned a subject that you know a lot about! 1VP towards AJ & Megan.
Skill d5 – perform an insightful deconstruction of the very art of speech-making! 1VP towards Lottie & Megan.
Form, n. British. A class of students, similar to homeroom (as I understand it). Students stay in the same form group for their entire school career, meeting at least twice a day for registration and taking classes such as PE and tutorial together. Each form has a 'form tutor', which is a teacher assigned to pastoral care. That teacher's room doubles as the 'form room'.

Lentrax
2016-11-23, 09:24 AM
Leslie knew this was an all girl's school. But she couldn't have imagined so many girls in one place. At the same time. After what seemed like forever, they finally reached their form room. And... they were the new kids. Great... nobody else to share the misery of- Wait, two more footballers? Well, good, at least they have a decent sized group. And they're cute too.... Sitting down in a chair, and trying to play it cool, the chair wobbles a little, with an uneven leg clicking on the floor as she adjusts her weight on it to address the group. Ahh... Hi. Leslie. Leslie MacDonnell. Aye, its a big place, this. We got lost too.

Good. Good. Fantastic start. No accidents yet. Keep it up, Leslie!

So... We're all new, yeah? I guess we'll be spending a lot of time together, then. So let's all have a great time, then, yeah?

No. No, I'm not nervous at all. Nope, not scared, or on the verge of freaking out... Just hold it together.

Then as Ms. Rose starts handing the hat around, Leslie starts panicking. She wasn't expecting to introduce herself in front of everyone right away. Public speaking is not her forte. But as she reaches out to grab a slip of paper, she shifted her weight over and her chair, which seemed a bit wobbly to begin with, came down and slid back, sending Leslie spilling out of it rather unceremoniously. Her hand, still reached out to grab a slip of paper, instead yanks the hat from Ms. Rose's hand, sending slips of paper flying everywhere.

The hat floats down painfully slowly, to land, perfectly, on top of Leslie's now raised butt. She sits up quickly, pulling her skirt down with her face going as red as her hair. As she sits up, she reads what is written on the slip of paper she managed to grab as she fell.

What do you do when you are embarrassed?

Strong Luck. Accident-prone. +3 total.

Space Lawyer
2016-11-23, 10:03 AM
Nikki

Nikki was feeling pumped. She almost always did in the morning - the day was just so exciting! And today, well, today was even better! Here she was at the famous King Henry School for Girls, joining the renowned Lilywhite Academy, and she had a real shot at eventually making it on to the amazing London Lilywhites! And this place, it was so cool! It was going to be a great year, no, two years, no, more!

She barely has time to introduce herself to the others ("Nikitha Patel; I go by Nikki.") before Ms. Rose comes in. When the teacher announces the improvised speech, Nikki's usually indefatigable cheer lessens just a hair. Public speaking was not one of her strong suits; she just got so excited, and then words started pouring out, and then she would start stumbling and trying to go back to bring up an interesting point, and then it just got confusing, and then it was all just a mess. Just long, meandering confusion everywhere.

Still, she was determined to make a good impression, especially on her new teammates. She was going to be spending a lot of time around them. It was also worth mentioning that they were all so damn pretty. It seemed like she was going to be playing on a team of not only model athletes, but outright models!

Nikki had never hidden her preferences. She was lucky that her parents were progressive at least on that front. It had also been somewhat of a bonding experience with her brother when they were both old enough.

Reaching into the hat, she draws out her impromptu subject - favorite current world leader. Oh, this was going to be a difficult one. She settles on a non-controversial one, Aung San Suu Ky. With that choice, she launches into an impassioned defense of democracy, choice, and perseverance!

Using that Morning Person when I have it. Allure+2

Illven
2016-11-23, 03:22 PM
Desiree Dubois was having the time of her life. Surrounded by a half dozen or more sexy girls. Entering the room, she responded to the stares like any extrovert would do. Feeling energized by them she strutted in the room, the curvy french girl responded with giggle, winks, and flirtatious hand waves.

At Lesile's stumble, Desiree ogled the poor girl's stumble.

Putain, fille, tu es très belle Vous parlez encore en français She thinks to herself.

I... mean. You.... are quite attractive, non? Desiree repeated now for the benefit of the class, as she reached over to pick up a slip of paper.

Per-personal.... gr... growth...? Desiree started reading off the paper. ..... Is this about ma boobs? She questions flatly looking at the teacher.

Well... They started growing in when I was onze. She started, at which point her exchange buddy, the only other person in the room most likely who could speak french whispers in her ear.

Oh ... Oh. Comment j'ai grandi en tant que personne. Cela fait plus

Bonjour. Uh. Hello. Desiree started starting to move into her story about how living in the UK, after being french for so long. After helping a UK girl adapt and grow in her homeland had helped her grow as a friend. And a person.

Strong allure, Quaint greeting, School queen (If that one applies)

Black Socks
2016-11-23, 06:46 PM
Lots of people.
Lots of unknown people.
Lots of potentially judgy people.
Oh god what if they're shooting SILENT JUDGE RAYS at me right now?
"Um. Hi. I'm Amelia. Amelia Davis."
She quickly reaches into the hat and pretends to be absorbed in her topic:
"If you had a superpower, what would you use it for?"
"Hehehe... hahaha. Ahahahahaha! AHHAHAHAHAHA!"
She then proceeds to talk about shapeshifting and it's many, many applications, including but not limited to:
-Turning into animals
-Perfect disguises
-Changing appearance at will
One gets the feeling she spent a lot of time thinking about this in the past.

Skill roll, strong (+1 modifier). Using Foresight, guess is that the roll will be odd.
[roll0]

igordragonian
2016-11-24, 03:17 AM
Garudi Behary was very nervouse, but she expressed it in hostile arrogant speaking, which were opposed the fact she was a good listener and cute in her own way.
Garudi had a luxuriouse spoiling life which granted her soft huggable body. She didn't minded it until today- Garudi didn't interacted much with other children her age, beside the children of the servants who played soccer with her.
Also her mother said that she had a body of a "Maharja's lover".
But this hasn't prepared her KHSG: There were so many beautiful girls here, and she felt so self aware of her full figured body.. Especially among athlete girls. Did Garudi even belonged here?
To defend herself, she called everyone "fatass" and has opened her two tops buttons, hoping that her round heavy mammaries would distract the stares from her waist. She also wore a tie into her cleavage to enhance the effect.
But she still blushed when someone stared, and snapped:"What are you looking at, fatss?! Are you jealuse of my perfect figure? Huh?!"

"What a stupid task for fatasses! Bah! Fine! I'll play along! But it doesn't mean I like it, or having a fat ass!"" Garudi grumbled and grabbed her note. She stared the note for a while.

"What is the thing you are most proud of, about yourself?" she said aloud, heavily blushing, staring at the other girls, clearly embaressed.
She coughed up. "Why of course I am proud as my hourglass figure!' she lied boldly, sounding so sure, she started to explain how hot she is- ready to bark if someone would dare to argue that.

Allure
Competative spirit+1
Cold shoulder in needed

2016-11-24, 07:15 AM
Angelica practically bounced in her seat, excited for her turn and topic. When the hat reached her, she nearly put a hole in it thrusting her hand in and digging around. When she withdrew her hand and read the paper, she cocked her head to the side, considering it: Let's see, hobbies...beyond exercising in various ways, my most frequent hobby is probably reading. I mostly stick to period pieces, historical fiction, and mystery novels, although sometimes I'll pick up a nonfiction or a harder science-fiction novel to help expand my knowledge. More fantastical fiction, like soft sci-fi, swords & sorcery, and superhero stories don't particularly interest me, although I've recently gained an appreciation for steampunk romances and post-apocalyptic stories. I don't have too many favorite authors, I just kinda start reading the first chapter of a book and move on if the writing or story isn't gripping me. Sometimes, I'll pick up a book I already have in another language so that I can practice my sentence structure and expand my vocabulary, and I've got a ton of audio books that I listen to when I'm working out; while it's not the same as reading the book yourself, the words being read to you helps give a better understanding of how to read tone, or how particular words are pronounced."

"Oh! I've also read more than a few books on writing tips and story design; I like how understanding the way writers go about crafting their stories adds an extra layer of depth to the novel. I've only ever written a few short stories, but I'd like to write something more substantial one day."

Skill. Strong roll. Total +1.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-11-24, 11:33 AM
The hat floats down painfully slowly, to land, perfectly, on top of Leslie's now raised butt. She sits up quickly, pulling her skirt down with her face going as red as her hair. As she sits up, she reads what is written on the slip of paper she managed to grab as she fell.

What do you do when you are embarrassed?

Although Ms. Rose had asked for a speech, Leslie's ends up more like a practical demonstration. There's a lot of laughter, but it's quite good-natured (probably because everyone else is nervous as well) and you feel like your little fall came across as endearing. Moreover, AJ flashes you a wolfish grin, observing that "I think I'm going to like it here...!" And are Megan's glasses all steamed up?

Reaching into the hat, she draws out her impromptu subject - favorite current world leader. Oh, this was going to be a difficult one. She settles on a non-controversial one, Aung San Suu Ky. With that choice, she launches into an impassioned defense of democracy, choice, and perseverance!

Nikki's passion makes a strong impression on the class, including the other new girls. "That was really cool," says Lottie; "you're so articulate! I would never have expected any of my teammates to be into politics."

Well... They started growing in when I was onze. She started, at which point her exchange buddy, the only other person in the room most likely who could speak french whispers in her ear.

Oh ... Oh. Comment j'ai grandi en tant que personne. Cela fait plus

Bonjour. Uh. Hello. Desiree started starting to move into her story about how living in the UK, after being french for so long. After helping a UK girl adapt and grow in her homeland had helped her grow as a friend. And a person.

After you sit back down, AJ flicks her eyes towards your chest and whispers "incroyable! I didn't get mine 'til I was, like, thirteen..." It is clear which part of your speech she will remember.

"If you had a superpower, what would you use it for?"
"Hehehe... hahaha. Ahahahahaha! AHHAHAHAHAHA!"
She then proceeds to talk about shapeshifting and it's many, many applications, including but not limited to:
-Turning into animals
-Perfect disguises
-Changing appearance at will
One gets the feeling she spent a lot of time thinking about this in the past.

Amelia's nerdy overthinking is met with a lot of blank faces around the class - most of the old KHSG girls give the impression that they're above that sort of thing - but it goes over well with Lottie and Megan. The statuesque sportswoman remarks: "so if you could choose any superpower, would it be shapeshifting? I've always felt like flight would be more useful..."

"I think she makes a good case, actually." Says Megan, who leans over and grabs Amelia's hand with both of hers. "You know, I was going to make my next novel about a girl with superpowers... you seem to have given this a lot of thought; perhaps I could pick your brains for some ideas later?"

"What a stupid task for fatasses! Bah! Fine! I'll play along! But it doesn't mean I like it, or having a fat ass!"" Garudi grumbled and grabbed her note. She stared the note for a while.

"What is the thing you are most proud of, about yourself?" she said aloud, heavily blushing, staring at the other girls, clearly embaressed.
She coughed up. "Why of course I am proud as my hourglass figure!' she lied boldly, sounding so sure, she started to explain how hot she is- ready to bark if someone would dare to argue that.

The tutor rebukes you for your grumbling with a gentle-but-firm "Miss Beharry, if you could... soften your tone a little, please... it would be appreciated." Clearly she is unwilling to wield any real punishments against you on your first day, but at the same time, you are reminded of the speech given by the headmistress at assembly. King Henry School expects every student to adhere to the highest standards of behaviour at all times, she had said, you must always be respectful of each other and your teachers...

You know the truth, though. Everyone loves a troublemaker, right?

Angelica practically bounced in her seat, excited for her turn and topic. When the hat reached her, she nearly put a hole in it thrusting her hand in and digging around. When she withdrew her hand and read the paper, she cocked her head to the side, considering it: "Let's see, hobbies..."

Megan's eye light up. "Oh, another writer! We simply must swap some stories, darling!"

The hat makes its way around the room, and each girl in turn gives a speech. Some are funny, some are embarrassing and quite a few are so laden with in-jokes that you can barely tell what they're talking about. AJ talks excitedly about football, despite it being only tenuously linked to the topic on her card, while Lottie recalls her earliest memory (which is of her second birthday, where the cake was shaped like a heart on account of it being all that was available in the shop - her birthday being the day after Valentine's). Megan, asked about how to make the world a better place, gives a near-impenetrable speech about macroeconomics and fiscal policy that earns several hard glares from one of the other girls. When everyone is finished, Ms. Rose invites you to "continue the discussion with the girls on your table. Try and learn something new about everyone!"

Illven
2016-11-24, 01:53 PM
After you sit back down, AJ flicks her eyes towards your chest and whispers "incroyable! I didn't get mine 'til I was, like, thirteen..." It is clear which part of your speech she will remember.

With a confident smirk Desiree adjusts to better present her chest to AJ.

Ja.... I She correct Was an.... early bloomer I believe you say. It comes from moi Pere's family. All his sister's and such were busty. Desiree explains to blushes from her exchange buddy.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-11-24, 02:03 PM
With a confident smirk Desiree adjusts to better present her chest to AJ.

Ja.... I She correct Was an.... early bloomer I believe you say. It comes from moi Pere's family. All his sister's and such were busty. Desiree explains to blushes from her exchange buddy.

"Were they now?" She replies, rhetorically, to much melodramatic eyerolling from Lottie.

"Come on, knock it off. It must be hard enough for the poor girl, without you perving over her like this. So Desiree, how does it feel to be so far from home?"

Illven
2016-11-24, 02:10 PM
"Were they now?" She replies, rhetorically, to much melodramatic eyerolling from Lottie.

"Come on, knock it off. It must be hard enough for the poor girl, without you perving over her like this. So Desiree, how does it feel to be so far from home?"

Non! Desiree protested. I like attention from.... such a bel girl. She continued.

And... It's different.... But Bien... good, good. The Kingdom's culture is tres intriguing. Desiree mused.

Space Lawyer
2016-11-24, 03:22 PM
Niki's face warms considerably. "Oh, um, just a little bit. I mean, I got interested one night and learned a bunch and then wrote some letters . . ." She seizes up a little bit. Just breathe, come on. "I really admire her. Anybody that works hard and works smart deserves admiration, but she did it for the right reasons."

She glances around a bit, somewhat off-put by the focus on bodies that happening around her. Sure, it was one thing to be proud of a good-looking figure, but this was just ogling. Nikki looks down at herself - toned, fit, and tight. She wasn't boyish looking by any stretch, but Desiree and Garudi were outright busty. A little bit of jealously was natural, right?

Lentrax
2016-11-24, 03:31 PM
Although Ms. Rose had asked for a speech, Leslie's ends up more like a practical demonstration. There's a lot of laughter, but it's quite good-natured (probably because everyone else is nervous as well) and you feel like your little fall came across as endearing. Moreover, AJ flashes you a wolfish grin, observing that "I think I'm going to like it here...!" And are Megan's glasses all steamed up?

I wish I could say I meant to do that... But, well, as long as everyone is laughing with me, right? Leslie, her face still red, sets her chair back up and sits down, careful not to unbalance the odd leg again.

Hopefully this doesn't happen a- oh. Oh, my.... Did anybody- No, they can't have. The skirt is too long. Isn't it?

Ninja_Prawn
2016-11-24, 03:35 PM
The Kingdom's culture is tres intriguing. Desiree mused.

Niki's face warms considerably. "Oh, um, just a little bit. I mean, I got interested one night and learned a bunch and then wrote some letters . . ."

"Is there anyone here who isn't super smart by any chance?" AJ wonders. It seems like she was more comfortable talking about boobs...

Hopefully this doesn't happen a- oh. Oh, my.... Did anybody-

"Of course not," says Lottie quietly, understanding what you meant. "I'm sure no one was looking." AJ and Megan blush noticeably.

Illven
2016-11-24, 03:39 PM
I wish I could say I meant to do that... But, well, as long as everyone is laughing with me, right? Leslie, her face still red, sets her chair back up and sits down, careful not to unbalance the odd leg again.

Hopefully this doesn't happen a- oh. Oh, my.... Did anybody- No, they can't have. The skirt is too long. Isn't it?

I don't believe so.... Uh... une top She says holding a hand to a hat line to show what she means. Would have covered it anyway.

"Is there anyone here who isn't super smart by any chance?" AJ wonders. It seems like she was more comfortable talking about boobs...

I'm not much good at tres informatique. Desiree replied. Besides biology of course. She adds with a grin.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-11-24, 03:41 PM
I'm not much good at tres informatique. Desiree replied. Besides biology of course. She adds with a grin.

"Yeah, but like, being smart at culture counts too. We... don't really have any of that stuff where I come from."

Illven
2016-11-24, 03:46 PM
"Yeah, but like, being smart at culture counts too. We... don't really have any of that stuff where I come from."

I'm not much of a writer myself, but I can still appreciate the good ones. Desiree replied.

Lentrax
2016-11-24, 04:10 PM
[B][color=#800080]"Of course not," says Lottie quietly, understanding what you meant. "I'm sure no one was looking." AJ and Megan blush noticeably.

I hope not... It's really not the impression I wanted to make on the first day, know what I mean?

I don't believe so.... Uh... une top She says holding a hand to a hat line to show what she means. Would have covered it anyway.

I don't think the hat was big enough to...

Nevertheless, Leslie crosses her legs and tugs her skirt down a bit more...

Ninja_Prawn
2016-11-24, 05:17 PM
I hope not... It's really not the impression I wanted to make on the first day, know what I mean?

"Well, you know what they say," Megan chimes: "there's no such thing as bad publicity. At least you made an impression, even if it wasn't the one you intended."

I'm not much of a writer myself, but I can still appreciate the good ones. Desiree replied.

"I guess. To be honest, I never had much patience for books. I'd rather be out on the field, you know?"

Illven
2016-11-24, 05:32 PM
[B]"I guess. To be honest, I never had much patience for books. I'd rather be out on the field, you know?"

Football field, or all fields? Desiree asked lounging back onto the desk.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-11-24, 05:47 PM
Football field, or all fields? Desiree asked lounging back onto the desk.

"Er, the football field, obviously," she laughs.

Smiling, Megan adds: "though I have to say, the image of you working a scythe in a grain field is rather pleasing..."

Illven
2016-11-24, 06:06 PM
"Er, the football field, obviously," she laughs.

Smiling, Megan adds: "though I have to say, the image of you working a scythe in a grain field is rather pleasing..."

Oh, Like a sexy... How you say grim reaper? Desiree asked missing the point.

Black Socks
2016-11-24, 06:27 PM
Amelia's nerdy overthinking is met with a lot of blank faces around the class - most of the old KHSG girls give the impression that they're above that sort of thing - but it goes over well with Lottie and Megan. The statuesque sportswoman remarks: "so if you could choose any superpower, would it be shapeshifting? I've always felt like flight would be more useful..."

"I think she makes a good case, actually." Says Megan, who leans over and grabs Amelia's hand with both of hers. "You know, I was going to make my next novel about a girl with superpowers... you seem to have given this a lot of thought; perhaps I could pick your brains for some ideas later?"
Such plebeians, giving blank stares to nerdy overthinking. :smalltongue:
Amelia blushes slightly at the contact, but doesn't move away.
"Well, flight would be really cool, but the thing is, with shapeshifting I could gain wings or rocket boots or something, and then I'd be able to fly! So shapeshifting is like every superpower rolled into one!
Ooh, a book? I'd be glad to help!"

Space Lawyer
2016-11-24, 06:55 PM
"Well, flight would be really cool, but the thing is, with shapeshifting I could gain wings or rocket boots or something, and then I'd be able to fly! So shapeshifting is like every superpower rolled into one!

"I think I'd go for telekinesis. Same idea in that it is multipurpose. You can use it to move stuff, fly, lots of things." Nikki shifts out from under the desk, stretching out her long legs. Maybe not quite so forward . . . but not all that subtle either.

2016-11-24, 08:10 PM
Megan's eye light up. "Oh, another writer! We simply must swap some stories, darling!"

The hat makes its way around the room, and each girl in turn gives a speech. Some are funny, some are embarrassing and quite a few are so laden with in-jokes that you can barely tell what they're talking about. AJ talks excitedly about football, despite it being only tenuously linked to the topic on her card, while Lottie recalls her earliest memory (which is of her second birthday, where the cake was shaped like a heart on account of it being all that was available in the shop - her birthday being the day after Valentine's). Megan, asked about how to make the world a better place, gives a near-impenetrable speech about macroeconomics and fiscal policy that earns several hard glares from one of the other girls. When everyone is finished, Ms. Rose invites you to "continue the discussion with the girls on your table. Try and learn something new about everyone!"

Angelica smiles, a tad awkwardly. "I don't really consider myself a writer; I've just got a few short stories I've thrown together based on ideas out of the blue, but it'd take a lot work to turn them into a real story. Still, sounds like it could be fun; what kind of stuff do you usually write...or read, for that matter?"

Lentrax
2016-11-24, 10:18 PM
"Well, you know what they say," Megan chimes: "there's no such thing as bad publicity. At least you made an impression, even if it wasn't the one you intended."

I guess so...

Ninja_Prawn
2016-11-25, 03:05 AM
Things continue in much the same vein until the bell rings. At which point, Ms. Rose takes Nikki aside and says to her: "Nikitha, I was very impressed by that speech you gave. I know you'll be busy with training and everything, but I was wondering if you wanted a seat on the student council? It is traditional for the Lilywhites girls to have their own representative, after all." She pulls out a small white lapel pin and puts it on the desk. "You don't have to decide right away, but this is yours if you want it."

The next day...

Scene 2

Dress: none!
Morning Person: NO
Runner's Glow: YES
You've just finished your first after-school training session together. It was fairly relaxed, a chance to run around and get to know one another in a sporting context. The coach, Jenny Walker, got her first look at you, but seems to be reserving judgement for now.

As you stomp the mud from your boots and troop back into the changing rooms, it occurs to you that you're going to have to take a shower. In the communal shower room. For most of you, this is probably no different from your previous school... but the presence of AJ, dishevelled in the very best way, and Lottie, with her dark and twinkling eyes, makes this time a somewhat different prospect.

Really, this is an opportunity. If you could catch your sweetheart's eye...

Unopposed roll!! 1VP towards AJ and Lottie.

Allure d5 – get yourself noticed!
Luck d5 – slip on the wet floor and land face-first in someone's chest!

Illven
2016-11-25, 03:20 AM
Oh. AJ. Desiree purred as she stripped down, making a show of it.

Bonjou. I mean Guten ...I mean. Desiree replied stomping the ground as her chest jiggled slightly from the slight motion.

How about we take a shower deux. To save water of course. Desiree replied with a knowing smirk and a significant glance to AJ's chest.

Strong allure, Shameless, Quaint greeting.

Lentrax
2016-11-25, 03:21 AM
Leslie, still sweaty and muddy from a stumble that landed her face first on the grass, is looking forward to the hot, steamy shower. In fact, her mind is so busy focusing on imagining the heat from the water spray that she fails to hear another girl calling out.

"Hey, watch out, I just lost my soap!"

But it's too late. Leslie already has set her foot in it, and now she is sliding across the floor arms flailing, likely to smash into the other wall...

Gahhhh!

Strong Luck. Scaredy-cat. Vulnerable. +5 total, can't fail.

2016-11-25, 03:34 AM
Angelica bounded into the locker rooms, her body slick with sweat and a triumphant smile on her face. She'd put on a good show today, really pushed herself to exceed; it had helped that more than a few of her teammates shared her enthusiasm, she mused. Without a second thought, she began stripping away articles of clothing and throwing them into a locker, before wandering towards the showers. The combination of her exposed body, he sheen of her exertion, and her still-pumping blood giving her the appearance of a light full-body blush, makes for a compelling sight.

Runner's Glow +2; total +2.

Space Lawyer
2016-11-25, 09:09 AM
Scene 1

Nikki lets out an excited squeal. "Yes, yes, YES! It would be so much fun, and I could do so much!" It would look so good on her university applications (if everything went terribly wrong and she didn't make the squad). Not to mention the fancy pin. She places the emblem on her coat, beaming with pride.

Scene 2

Striding in after a good practice, Nikki feels exhilarated. Everything was turning out just like she had hoped, it seemed. She takes a spot next to Angelica, and in full view of Lottie. "Wow, Angelica, you're so fast! You were just like, zoom, whoosh! I can run, but you're on a whole other level!" Endurance had always been Nikki's specialty, not pure speed (though there were many who would consider Nikki's morning run nothing less than a full-on sprint). She looks over to Lottie, turning her body to give a pleasing profile. "With AJ and Angelica down the pitch, you might never even see the ball!"

Allure. Runner's Glow +2.

Black Socks
2016-11-25, 04:03 PM
Amelia enters, looking forwards to the soothing hot water.
I'm so sore....
She tries to avert her eyes form the others girls' bodies. Their bodies....
Not a pervert. Not a pervert. Not a pervert.
But this results in her failing to notice a patch of water on the ground, and she stumbles forward. Hopefully there will be something soft to catch her fall....

Luck. No modifier. *gulp*

Ninja_Prawn
2016-11-27, 06:57 AM
Oh. AJ. Desiree purred as she stripped down, making a show of it.

Bonjou. I mean Guten ...I mean. Desiree replied stomping the ground as her chest jiggled slightly from the slight motion.

How about we take a shower deux. To save water of course. Desiree replied with a knowing smirk and a significant glance to AJ's chest.

"That's... wow. I uh..." even the normally choleric AJ is lost for words here. "You're so... French... I mean, duh, obviously you're French..."

Lottie, crimson from cheek to neck, flicks some water at her. "Dude, stop staring!"

But it's too late. Leslie already has set her foot in it, and now she is sliding across the floor arms flailing, likely to smash into the other wall...

Gahhhh!

In a spectacular display of physical comedy, Leslie flies across the (blessedly smooth) floor, catching everyone's attention. She is about to hit the wall when Lottie leaps out and stops her - only to slip herself and end up entangled with the lean winger. The two of them make a hilarious tangle of limbs that seems to take forever to entangle...

She tries to avert her eyes form the others girls' bodies. Their bodies....
Not a pervert. Not a pervert. Not a pervert.
But this results in her failing to notice a patch of water on the ground, and she stumbles forward. Hopefully there will be something soft to catch her fall....

Unfortunately, everyone was distracted by Leslie's antics to notice you. You hit your head on the floor and a girl you haven't spoken to before helps you up, saying "watch where you're going, girl! You could crack your head if you're not careful."

Angelica bounded into the locker rooms, her body slick with sweat and a triumphant smile on her face. She'd put on a good show today, really pushed herself to exceed; it had helped that more than a few of her teammates shared her enthusiasm, she mused. Without a second thought, she began stripping away articles of clothing and throwing them into a locker, before wandering towards the showers. The combination of her exposed body, he sheen of her exertion, and her still-pumping blood giving her the appearance of a light full-body blush, makes for a compelling sight.

Striding in after a good practice, Nikki feels exhilarated. Everything was turning out just like she had hoped, it seemed. She takes a spot next to Angelica, and in full view of Lottie. "Wow, Angelica, you're so fast! You were just like, zoom, whoosh! I can run, but you're on a whole other level!" Endurance had always been Nikki's specialty, not pure speed (though there were many who would consider Nikki's morning run nothing less than a full-on sprint). She looks over to Lottie, turning her body to give a pleasing profile. "With AJ and Angelica down the pitch, you might never even see the ball!"

"That's fine by me! The less work I have do, the more likely we are to win matches."

"Hey, you two are hot stuff!" AJ cuts in. "I mean.. were hot stuff... on the pitch, like. It's going to be a pleasure working with you!"

2016-11-27, 07:48 AM
"Hey, you two are hot stuff!" AJ cuts in. "I mean.. were hot stuff... on the pitch, like. It's going to be a pleasure working with you!"

Angelina flashed her a grin. "You're not that bad yourself. You were pretty impressive out there; definitely looking forward to playing with you."

Lentrax
2016-11-27, 09:09 AM
Leslie is still sliding across the floor when Lottie steps out to catch her. Unfortunately for Lottie, Leslie has a bit more momentum than the balls she is used to stopping. Which makes for a handy physics lesson for those watching. Lottie, the immovable object, and Leslie the unstoppable force.

When they collapsed, Leslie found herself lying on the floor, with something soft atop her face. Cautiously, Leslie tries to find out what it is. First a small prod with her finger, then a grab. Then she remembers what just happened, and what the soft thing on top of her must be.

Nice save, there, Keeper.

Black Socks
2016-11-27, 09:13 AM
"watch where you're going, girl! You could crack your head if you're not careful."[/B]
Amelia, embarrassed, nods and thanks the girl, then slinks away into some far corner of the showers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Wc3kwv0Ddw

Space Lawyer
2016-11-27, 01:42 PM
"I think we'll all be a good combination. I'm not sure what Coach Walker's usual style is, but she'll definitely be going for some sort of fast attack with you two! I'll be just hanging back and making sure you can be amazing!"

And maybe standing in full view of Lottie. With a bit of a wiggle in her backside.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-11-27, 02:41 PM
When they collapsed, Leslie found herself lying on the floor, with something soft atop her face. Cautiously, Leslie tries to find out what it is. First a small prod with her finger, then a grab. Then she remembers what just happened, and what the soft thing on top of her must be.

Nice save, there, Keeper.

"Oh, you know. It's nothing." She's clearly trying to act all nonchalant, but it's pretty transparent.

"I think we'll all be a good combination. I'm not sure what Coach Walker's usual style is, but she'll definitely be going for some sort of fast attack with you two! I'll be just hanging back and making sure you can be amazing!"

And maybe standing in full view of Lottie. With a bit of a wiggle in her backside.

Lottie finishes washing as quickly as she can and goes back into the changing room muttering something about putting clothes on.

AJ hangs around. "I did a bit of research on Walker, as it happens. She seems to be fond of playing two up front* whenever she can, which works for me!"

Two up Front. Refers to football formations with two out-and-out forwards (players like AJ and Angelica), such as the classic 4-4-2 or the 3-5-2 that Wales used so effectively at the European Championship this year. They fell out of fashion a bit in recent years, as they can leave the team short-handed in defense, but on the attack they can be very potent and they may be making a comeback.

Lentrax
2016-11-27, 02:56 PM
I don't know about nothing. You did keep me from hitting the wall after all, and, well... At this point, Leslie realizes just how close Lottie is.

Thump, thump.

Lottie really is gorgeous, isn't she?

And, I... well...

Illven
2016-11-27, 03:46 PM
"That's... wow. I uh..." even the normally choleric AJ is lost for words here. "You're so... French... I mean, duh, obviously you're French..."

Lottie, crimson from cheek to neck, flicks some water at her. "Dude, stop staring!"

Why stop staring? Desiree asks at Lottie confused. Is staring.... How you say... Improper, here?

Space Lawyer
2016-11-27, 06:24 PM
"Oh, fantastic! Same thing for me, though I like to take the approach of a generalissima in the middle of the pitch. I can run back and forth, attack when needed, fall back if we're being pressed - and maybe hit a long ball if everybody is too distracted by the forwards." She says this last bit with a subtle eyebrow waggle that could only indicate one thing - And they'll definitely be distracted by our stunning strikers.

She finishes showering, towels off, and heads back to the changing room. "Hey, Lottie, saw you live near the same line as me on the team roster." Nikki's morning runs had given her a remarkablely detailed knowledge of London's layout, especially the streets. "Want to head back together?"

Ninja_Prawn
2016-11-27, 06:47 PM
Why stop staring? Desiree asks at Lottie confused. Is staring.... How you say... Improper, here?

"I should say so. Wouldn't you rather she looked in your eyes instead of..." Suddenly, Leslie comes sliding across the room and Lottie leaps out to save her.

As the two of them get disentangled, AJ smiles. "I'm sorry. You do have pretty eyes; I should probably spend more time looking into them."

I don't know about nothing. You did keep me from hitting the wall after all, and, well... At this point, Leslie realizes just how close Lottie is.

Thump, thump.

Lottie really is gorgeous, isn't she?

And, I... well...

"Yes... I, um..." she eases you up. "Are you alright? You're not hurt or anything?"

She finishes showering, towels off, and heads back to the changing room. "Hey, Lottie, saw you live near the same line as me on the team roster." Nikki's morning runs had given her a remarkably detailed knowledge of London's layout, especially the streets. "Want to head back together?"

"Sure! My mum always says its safer to travel with a friend."

Illven
2016-11-27, 07:19 PM
"I should say so. Wouldn't you rather she looked in your eyes instead of..." Suddenly, Leslie comes sliding across the room and Lottie leaps out to save her.

As the two of them get disentangled, AJ smiles. "I'm sorry. You do have pretty eyes; I should probably spend more time looking into them."

Desiree smiles warmly. Well. Feel free to stare at whatever you wish. I don't mind.

Before turning to Leslie and grinning.

Lucky. I certainly wish I would trip like that. She teases.

Lentrax
2016-11-27, 08:12 PM
"Yes... I, um..." she eases you up. "Are you alright? You're not hurt or anything?"

Yeah. Yeah, I'm alright. You?

Lucky. I certainly wish I would trip like that. She teases.

Sure, it looks great now, but all the other falls I take don't end so well.

Illven
2016-11-27, 08:57 PM
Sure, it looks great now, but all the other falls I take don't end so well.

Is this how you say.... common occurrence? Desiree asked

Lentrax
2016-11-27, 09:26 PM
Yup. More or less.

Illven
2016-11-27, 10:30 PM
Yup. More or less.

Huh... Well if you ever need, feel free to land on me... I'm quite how you say.... Well equipped to comfort your fall. Desiree smiled at Lesile

Lentrax
2016-11-28, 12:00 AM
No promises.

Illven
2016-11-28, 12:04 AM
No promises.

Oh Forgive ma. Japelle Desiree. She says extending her hand.

Lentrax
2016-11-28, 12:28 AM
Leslie takes the hand. Leslie. Now, if ya don' mind, I probably should shower at some point.

Illven
2016-11-28, 12:33 AM
Desiree takes the hand and pulls Leslie into a kiss on each check.

It is a pleasure to meet you. And yes. Shower is good.

Space Lawyer
2016-11-28, 10:30 AM
Nikki finishes getting dressed in her casual after-school clothes, shoulders her bag, and walks out with Lottie. "So, how do you feel about morning runs?"

Scene Fin

Ninja_Prawn
2016-11-28, 02:47 PM
Scene 3

Dress: football kit
Quaint Greeting: NO
It's your first Sunday since joining the Academy. Usually, you would play a competitive match on Sunday, but today will just be more practice. No drills, either, just a friendly 11-a-side scrimmage with all the Lilywhites girls. The coach said she wanted to see you all in action on the field; you get the feeling this session will have some influence on who she picks to start next week.

On the other hand, there will probably be other chances to book your place in the squad. Maybe now's the time to get closer to AJ?

Either unopposed roll…

Skill d4 – do your best to impress the coach! 2SP.

…or opposed roll!! 2VP towards AJ.

Luck – end up marking* AJ from set pieces*!
Skill – use your skills to set up a goal for AJ!
Mark, v. Football. A defensive technique where the defender stays close (usually within touching distance) to a specific attacking player, so as to challenge for the ball whenever it is passed to that attacker. Applies to both open play and set pieces (see below).

Set Piece, n. Football. Collective term for free kicks, corners, penalties and (sometimes) throw-ins. Basically any time when the play is stopped and one team is given control of the ball by the referee. Also: dead-ball, set play.

Black Socks
2016-11-28, 04:08 PM
Amelia wipes sweat off her forehead as she considers her options.
Well. I see AJ at school. So it would be better to focus on the game. Focus.

Unopposed Skill to impress the coach. Strong= +1 modifier. +2 from AV's Do Your Best. Total bonus: +3.

Space Lawyer
2016-11-28, 04:24 PM
Today was a day to shine. Well, every day was, but it mattered today in particular. It wasn't, however, necessarily a time to try and cozy up to AJ. There would be time and opportunity aplenty for that later. Instead, she was going to get her place as a starter. The girls might be pretty, but Nikki wasn't about to let all her hard work go to waste just for infatuation.

Taking her spot midfield, Nikki puts on the best performance she can muster. She is there to intercept any attacker heading to her side, and ready to send the ball to any open striker with a keen eye and precise kick. By the end, even Nikki's near-boundless energy was starting to run down, almost to normal person levels!

Unopposed Skill: strong roll +1, Athletic +2. Total +3.

Lentrax
2016-11-28, 05:19 PM
Time to put on a good show. Doing well today means maybe starting next week. And starting next week means a lot. It means that even with her trips and falls and stumbles, Leslie is a valuable player. So, Leslie puts on the best show she can.

Straight skill. +0 total.

Illven
2016-11-28, 05:41 PM
Desiree figures the coach has a brain on her. She moves to the side to best show support that she is able. Although the crowd would certainly notice the scorer were this a real game, Desiree uses the bonds she has swiftly built with most of the girls to coordinate the ball.

Blowing a kiss to the goalie at the right time, leaves her distracted for AJ's kick as well.

Neutral skill, Athletic +2, School queen/Even the girls want her +2 =4

2016-11-28, 07:06 PM
Angelica seemed to be everywhere, whether she was on offense or defense. Energy seemed to pour out of her with every burst of speed, every tricky maneuver, every pass and shot.

HYPERCHARGED!!!!!!!! Also, Do Your Best.

Unopposed

Skill.

Strong roll +1, Athletic: Football +2, Hypercharged -2, Do Your Best +2; total +3.

Opposed

Strong Roll +1, Athletic: Football +2, Hypercharged -2, Do Your Best +2; total +3.

Everybody else rolling their Strong roll in this scene gets another +2.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-11-29, 03:15 PM
it would be better to focus on the game. Focus.

Leslie puts on the best show she can.

Lining up against each other this time, Leslie and Amelia's game becomes an hour-long duel down their narrow strip of pitch. Unfortunately for the winger, Amelia gets the better of most of their exchanges, successfully preventing Leslie from having much impact on the game. The one time Leslie does get in behind the defense, she slips on the ball and twists her ankle! All in all, not a good day.

Opposite to Amelia, Garudi does a great job at right back, coordinating the defense that was very much under siege by AJ, Angelica and Desiree.

Taking her spot midfield, Nikki puts on the best performance she can muster. She is there to intercept any attacker heading to her side, and ready to send the ball to any open striker with a keen eye and precise kick. By the end, even Nikki's near-boundless energy was starting to run down, almost to normal person levels!

Angelica seemed to be everywhere, whether she was on offense or defense. Energy seemed to pour out of her with every burst of speed, every tricky maneuver, every pass and shot.

Well, both of you seem to be everywhere, but Nikki does a much better job of it. It surely helped that she wasn't dividing her efforts between 'playing for the team' and 'playing for AJ', as Angelica was. Indeed, it is mostly thanks the Nikki that the yellow-bib-clad team was able to stay in the game, and captain Lottie remarks afterwards that she would surely be MVP* if it was a real match.

Angelica feels like she did well enough, but it was somewhat unsatisfying how AJ went running over to hug Desiree after she scored. You were the one who dragged the centre half out of position for her! A lesser woman might get jealous...

Although the crowd would certainly notice the scorer were this a real game, Desiree uses the bonds she has swiftly built with most of the girls to coordinate the ball.

Blowing a kiss to the goalie at the right time, leaves her distracted for AJ's kick as well.

But no, it was Desiree's distracting kiss that AJ credited. "Wooooo! Nice one!" She laughs, singling you out for a huge embrace.

The term 'MVP' is not actually used in the UK. I used it here for clarity, and because 'woman of the match' feels unnatural for a bunch of kids. And because you never hear it in real life.

Illven
2016-11-29, 04:05 PM
Desiree laid a peck on each one of AJ's cheeks.

AJ. You were tres magnificence! She said joyfully.

Lentrax
2016-11-29, 04:47 PM
Leslie watches angrily from the sidelines her foot being wrapped up in a support for her ankle.

She watches as AJ goes out to hug Desiree. Which is completely fine with her. Leslie is straight anyway, she's just waiting for a chance to go out into London and find a cute boy.

Although, that unintentional embrace in the shower with Lottie keeps coming back to mind....

Now she is angry and embarrassed...

Black Socks
2016-11-29, 07:08 PM
Lining up against each other this time, Leslie and Amelia's game becomes an hour-long duel down their narrow strip of pitch. Unfortunately for the winger, Amelia gets the better of most of their exchanges, successfully preventing Leslie from having much impact on the game. The one time Leslie does get in behind the defense, she slips on the ball and twists her ankle! All in all, not a good day.
But a good day for Amelia!

Amelia winces as Leslie twists her ankle, but then gets caught up in the thrill of victory!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGXzlRoNtHU (video contains mildly NSFW imagery)

Arms raised in celebration, she notes with satisfaction the coach's pleased expression.

And then she remembers Leslie.
She drops her arms and walks over to where Leslie is getting treated.
"I'm sorry.... about your ankle. I got.... caught up in the game."

Space Lawyer
2016-11-29, 07:32 PM
Nikki absolutely exhilarated by the end of practice. Not only was she sure she would be making it on to the starting team next week, it seems she impressed Lottie! Hard work really was its own reward. "I think I just had a really good day. Everybody has them!"

Lentrax
2016-11-29, 07:54 PM
But a good day for Amelia!

Amelia winces as Leslie twists her ankle, but then gets caught up in the thrill of victory!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGXzlRoNtHU (video contains mildly NSFW imagery)

Arms raised in celebration, she notes with satisfaction the coach's pleased expression.

And then she remembers Leslie.
She drops her arms and walks over to where Leslie is getting treated.
"I'm sorry.... about your ankle. I got.... caught up in the game."

Her Highland accent is heavy and thick.

Jus' go! I jes' gotter gerrout o' here.

The girl pushes herself to her feet, tries to step away, and falls again, cursing in some very unladylike words in her native Scot language.

2016-11-29, 10:00 PM
Well, both of you seem to be everywhere, but Nikki does a much better job of it. It surely helped that she wasn't dividing her efforts between 'playing for the team' and 'playing for AJ', as Angelica was. Indeed, it is mostly thanks the Nikki that the yellow-bib-clad team was able to stay in the game, and captain Lottie remarks afterwards that she would surely be MVP* if it was a real match.

Angelica feels like she did well enough, but it was somewhat galling how AJ went running over to hug Desiree after she scored. You were the one who dragged the centre half out of position for her!

Angelica isn't really the jealous type, particularly in scenes involving "Do Your Best" where she's supporting everybody to be the best they can be. Sorry if that ruins the narrative you're going for.

Also, don't really have any way I'm wanting to respond to the scene; Angelica isn't particularly attached to anybody yet, so it'd be just "hit the showers, go home" for her unless somebody wants to start up a conversation.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-11-30, 03:15 AM
Desiree laid a peck on each one of AJ's cheeks.

AJ. You were tres magnificence! She said joyfully.

"Aww, thanks babe." She seems to be getting used to your forwardness in the changing rooms as well...

Nikki absolutely exhilarated by the end of practice. Not only was she sure she would be making it on to the starting team next week, it seems she impressed Lottie! Hard work really was its own reward. "I think I just had a really good day. Everybody has them!"

She replies, "well I hope you can keep it up. Where do you even get all that energy from?"

The girl pushes herself to her feet, tries to step away, and falls again, cursing in some very unladylike words in her native Scot language.

"Come on, MacDonnell, let's get some ice on that." Says the coach, helping you up. It doesn't seem like it'll be too bad in the long term, but you'll certainly have to work extra hard next week to make the team.

Illven
2016-11-30, 03:33 AM
"Aww, thanks babe." She seems to be getting used to your forwardness in the changing rooms as well...

Patrica don't you want to congratulate the winning girl as well! Desiree replied beckoning over the goalie.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-11-30, 03:38 AM
Patrica don't you want to congratulate the winning girl as well! Desiree replied beckoning over the goalie.

"Eheh... I think I'll pass," she says, quite embarrassed.

Illven
2016-11-30, 03:57 AM

Oh... Well, what's your name cutie? Desiree beamed at the girl holding AJ close.

Black Socks
2016-11-30, 07:04 AM
Her Highland accent is heavy and thick.

Jus' go! I jes' gotter gerrout o' here.

When you make a girl curse in her native Scot language you feel like a meanie. :smallfrown:

Amelia is intimidated and slinks away, mumbling apologies.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-11-30, 07:14 AM
When you make a girl curse in her native Scot language you feel like a meanie. :smallfrown:

Amelia is intimidated and slinks away, mumbling apologies.

Seeing your plight, Garudi trots over and puts an arm around you. "Bah, ignore that moody cow. She's just jealous of your superior skills."

Lentrax
2016-11-30, 08:31 AM
"Come on, MacDonnell, let's get some ice on that." Says the coach, helping you up. It doesn't seem like it'll be too bad in the long term, but you'll certainly have to work extra hard next week to make the team.

Aye, that'll do. Don't worry, Coach. Be right as rain in no time.

Space Lawyer
2016-11-30, 11:48 AM
She replies, "well I hope you can keep it up. Where do you even get all that energy from?"

"Nowhere in particular; it is just the way I am! I've never seen the point in doing anything with less than your best effort and commitment, so I've always thrown myself into things at 100%. I guess I just got used to doing everything that way."

Illven
2016-11-30, 03:52 PM

Well come on over and say hi to us at least. Desiree protested holding AJ tight.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-11-30, 04:32 PM
"Nowhere in particular; it is just the way I am! I've never seen the point in doing anything with less than your best effort and commitment, so I've always thrown myself into things at 100%. I guess I just got used to doing everything that way."

"Well, you're an example to us all." That doesn't seem to be sarcasm, either.

Well come on over and say hi to us at least. Desiree protested holding AJ tight.

Pat rolls her eyes at you, but walks over and makes a half-hearted attempt to look like she's joining in. "Satisfied?"

"It's... probably time to be moving on..." says AJ, who is starting to squirm.

Illven
2016-11-30, 05:40 PM
Pat rolls her eyes at you, but walks over and makes a half-hearted attempt to look like she's joining in. "Satisfied?"

"It's... probably time to be moving on..." says AJ, who is starting to squirm.

Are you okay, ma cherie? Desiree asks AJ clearly concerned.

Space Lawyer
2016-11-30, 05:57 PM
"Well, you're an example to us all." That doesn't seem to be sarcasm, either.

Nikki feels a blush rise in her cheeks. She stammers out "Oh, uh, well, that's great. Really, I'm just trying to keep up. Yeah."

Way to go. Real smooth.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-12-01, 05:35 AM
Are you okay, ma cherie? Desiree asks AJ clearly concerned.

"Yeah I'm fine but, you know, I have places to be and..." she indicates with her eyes all the people who are waiting for you. It's definitely time to be moving on, but at least you can all look forward to your first real match next week, and hopefully lots more besides.

Bonus Scene!

As you bound, stride, slink and/or stagger in to registration on Monday morning, you become aware of two things. Firstly, Garudi seems to have made some new friends. She is now sitting, talking and laughing with the meanest, preppiest girls in the class, quite apart from you. Secondly, and more importantly, two new girls have joined you: a pair of slim, elegant blondes who could almost be sisters.

Megan looks surprised. "Grace? What are you doing here?"

jamieth
2016-12-01, 07:03 AM
"Oh, that's most unfortunate..." Grace replies, turning around, smiling widely, "I really hoped to make it a surprise for you. But yes, starting today, I'm a student here too, so we can spend much more time together... isn't it nice, Megan? I missed you so over the summer..."

Black Socks
2016-12-01, 07:25 AM
Seeing your plight, Garudi trots over and puts an arm around you. "Bah, ignore that moody cow. She's just jealous of your superior skills."
Well, its hard to argue when someone tells you that you have superior skills.

Bonus Scene!

As you bound, stride, slink and/or stagger in to registration on Monday morning, you become aware of two things. Firstly, Garudi seems to have made some new friends. She is now sitting, talking and laughing with the meanest, preppiest girls in the class, quite apart from you. Secondly, and more importantly, two new girls have joined you: a pair of slim, elegant blondes who could almost be sisters.

Megan looks surprised. "Grace? What are you doing here?"
Garudi, you.... you....
http://cdn.overclock.net/6/6a/6a482796_g9w3.jpeg

Ooh! New people!
"Hi! I'm Amelia, this is Desiree, Leslie, Nikitha, and Angelica, that's Megan, you're Grace, and you don't have a name yet." She says in a friendly tone.

DracoknightZero
2016-12-01, 07:48 AM
Victoria does a "V" pose with her fingers and wink as she introduce herself: "I am Victoryah, and i just got transfered here aswell! Pleased to meet ya!" and then she look over to Grace "So this is the girl you talked about Grace?"

She does a pun with her name "Victoria" to sound like Victory

2016-12-01, 07:54 AM
Angelica smiles broadly at the new girls. "Nice to meet you both! I'm Angelica," she said, introducing herself as was polite (even though she'd sorta already been introduced by her other friend).

Illven
2016-12-01, 04:11 PM
And I am Desiree. I am how you say... French. She piped up getting up to shake both girl's hands.

jamieth
2016-12-01, 04:17 PM
"Pleased to meet you all", Grace replies with a small curtsey.

Illven
2016-12-01, 04:32 PM

You look lovely by the way. Desiree purred.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-12-01, 04:52 PM
"Ya sure do," says AJ. "Welcome to the family!"

"It sure is lucky that we all ended up in the same form, huh?" Lottie observes.

Lentrax
2016-12-01, 05:06 PM
Leslie limps in, still grumpy from her ankle, and sits down in her chair. It wobbles dangerously, but she doesn't fall out. Yet. Aye, hallo. I'm Leslie.

Illven
2016-12-01, 05:47 PM
"Ya sure do," says AJ. "Welcome to the family!"

am I still the sexy foreign exchange student in this family? Desiree questions.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-12-01, 05:52 PM
am I still the sexy foreign exchange student in this family? Desiree questions.

Megan replies: "Desiree, you're the only foreign exchange student in this family."

Space Lawyer
2016-12-01, 06:15 PM

"And a pleasure to meet you as well." Nikki says cheerfully.

"It sure is lucky that we all ended up in the same form, huh?" Lottie observes.

"Seriously. I feel like Coach might have had something to do with it." Nikki replies.

Illven
2016-12-01, 06:30 PM
Megan replies: "Desiree, you're the only foreign exchange student in this family."

But I'm quite sexy non? Desiree comments.

DracoknightZero
2016-12-02, 12:52 AM
"Seriously. I feel like Coach might have had something to do with it." Nikki replies.

Victoria pulls forth a pen and a notepad and starts writing while thinking loudly: "Coach in charge pulling in the dream team?" and she mumbles a bit as she scribbles a few more variants of the same headline.

But I'm quite sexy non? Desiree comments.
Looks up a bit from her notepad "You are foreign? And a french one at that!" She goes back to her notepad again "French beauty laying down the charm" she thinks loudly again rather enthusiasticly about her "headlines".

Illven
2016-12-02, 01:03 AM
Looks up a bit from her notepad "You are foreign? And a french one at that!" She goes back to her notepad again "French beauty laying down the charm" she thinks loudly again rather enthusiasticly about her "headlines".

Are you um... Le journalist... Le biblo.... Oh oh... a reporter? Desiree asks brightly.

DracoknightZero
2016-12-02, 01:17 AM
Are you um... Le journalist... Le biblo.... Oh oh... a reporter? Desiree asks brightly.

"Yes! Its my big hobby, and one day i will find THE scoop!" she smiles brightly as she is hugging her notepad. "Well that, in addition to football i cant choose which i like best so i try to combine them!"

Illven
2016-12-02, 01:32 AM
"Yes! Its my big hobby, and one day i will find THE scoop!" she smiles brightly as she is hugging her notepad. "Well that, in addition to football i cant choose which i like best so i try to combine them!"

Well that's easy. Go for football first, then when body gets too old for it, you use your... how you say intimate knowledge of the sport to form your uh... reporting on it.

DracoknightZero
2016-12-02, 01:59 AM
Well that's easy. Go for football first, then when body gets too old for it, you use your... how you say intimate knowledge of the sport to form your uh... reporting on it.

"Or you know both at the same time, when we win a match i would be there first already done with the interviews by the time the rest of the press comes along!" She grins with a glint in her eye. "Um, do anyone know if theres a school newspaper or something?"

Illven
2016-12-02, 02:03 AM
"Or you know both at the same time, when we win a match i would be there first already done with the interviews by the time the rest of the press comes along!" She grins with a glint in her eye. "Um, do anyone know if theres a school newspaper or something?"

I would not know. Perhaps the teacher? Desiree asked.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-12-02, 02:44 PM
Ms. Rose, being an English teacher, is just the person to ask about a school newspaper. "Oh, I'm afraid we haven't had one of those for a few years. There just didn't seem to be enough people interested in writing for it week in, week out." She looks sad, like a lost puppy. "What it needs is one really dedicated person to keep it going and make sure people hit their deadlines. Do you... think you could do that? I can help with printing and distribution and everything."

DracoknightZero
2016-12-02, 03:04 PM
Ms. Rose, being an English teacher, is just the person to ask about a school newspaper. "Oh, I'm afraid we haven't had one of those for a few years. There just didn't seem to be enough people interested in writing for it week in, week out." She looks sad, like a lost puppy. "What it needs is one really dedicated person to keep it going and make sure people hit their deadlines. Do you... think you could do that? I can help with printing and distribution and everything."

"Really?" Victoria lights up like a sun. "Ofcourse i can do that! Where and when do i start? I have already dozens of notes already today!" Victoria is trembling at this point in a attempt to not bounce around the place.

Do i actually have to write the news myself for this btw? ^^;;

Ninja_Prawn
2016-12-02, 03:32 PM
"Really?" Victoria lights up like a sun. "Ofcourse i can do that! Where and when do i start? I have already dozens of notes already today!" Victoria is trembling at this point in a attempt to not bounce around the place.

Ms. Rose laughs softly. "Steady on, dear. How about we try and get a team of writers built up first? We could aim to publish the first issue in October..."

Black Socks
2016-12-02, 03:46 PM

Do i actually have to write the news myself for this btw? ^^;;
Amelia overhears the conversation and bursts in.
"Can I help? Writing is fun! Especially writing news because you take events and make them sound interesting! Can I help write the newspaper?"

DracoknightZero
2016-12-02, 04:46 PM
Amelia overhears the conversation and bursts in.
"Can I help? Writing is fun! Especially writing news because you take events and make them sound interesting! Can I help write the newspaper?"

"The more the merrier, we are going to make it the best paper ever!" Victoria says with a beaming smile and failing to contain her excitement.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-12-03, 04:27 AM
"You know, I might have to join in with that, if I have time," says Megan.

Lottie asks: "speaking of extra-curricular activities, what does everyone else want to do? There were a bunch of recruitment posters on the noticeboard."

Black Socks
2016-12-03, 10:17 AM
"You know, I might have to join in with that, if I have time," says Megan.
"Yes! Join us! We can have news and comics and an advice column and lots of other stuff... join us! We need a name for the paper!"
Join us, Megan.... forever and ever and ever....

Illven
2016-12-03, 03:34 PM
Lottie asks: "speaking of extra-curricular activities, what does everyone else want to do? There were a bunch of recruitment posters on the noticeboard."

I didn't read them. What were the options? Desiree asked.

jamieth
2016-12-05, 03:36 AM

"Well", Grace said politely, "as you probably can guess, we haven't got a chance to look at that board yet - that said... I was thinking maybe dancing? That is, if that's even an option - those who get on the team would likely have little time left free for other extracurriculars, aren't they? And yes", she adds, turning to Victoria, "Though late, please allow me to introduce - Megan Eckhart, my bosom friend... Victoria Stewart, another new transfer."

Ninja_Prawn
2016-12-05, 05:31 AM
I didn't read them. What were the options? Desiree asked.

"I... um. I don't remember." Lottie apologises. Then the bell rings and you all file dutifully out of the classroom. Fortunately, most of you have English next, so you don't have far to go. AJ and Angelica depart for French while the rest of you shuffle over to check out the noticeboard.

There are a lot of posters, some that run at lunch time and some that are after school. Some highlights:

Anime Otaku Alliance
Chess Club
Choir
Cooking Club
Debating Society
Feminist Society
Fighting Robot Team
Film Club
Interfaith Discussion Forum
Interpretive Dance Society
KHSG Marching Band
Musical Theatre Club
Philosophy Society
Programming Club
Real Theatre Club
Tabletop Gaming Club
There are probably a number of societies who have not put notices up, as well.
Scene 4

Dress: uniform
Morning Person: YES
Runner's Glow: NO
You've all read the first few chapters of the set text (Brave New World) now, and Ms. Rose has broken you down into groups to draw mind maps about the themes and plot structures that are emerging.

At the end of the lesson, each group gives a short presentation on what they've discovered. Everyone here is an avid reader, and you're sure that both Lottie and Megan would be attracted to a girl who knew her stuff.

It's pretty competitive, too: the KHSG veterans fight for the first presentation slot and those that go afterwards work furiously to revise their mind maps and come up with unique talking points. They're all so good at public speaking...

Opposed roll!! 2VP towards Megan and 1VP towards Lottie.

Skill - impress the girls with your thoughtful analysis!
It's almost lonely, without the others. You and AJ sit together and spend most of the lesson role-playing conversations. It's pretty easy to slip in some flirtation, but AJ is concentrating hard on her grammar, so you'll have to come up with something good to get her attention...

Unopposed roll! 1VP towards AJ.

Allure d6 - so, in this next exercise, one of you has had an accident, and the other is a first aider...

Space Lawyer
2016-12-05, 09:58 AM
Scene 3

After a bit of consideration, Nikki puts her name down under the sign-up sheets for the Feminist Society and Cooking Club. She might not have space in her schedule for all these activities with class and football (her energy was limitless, but her time was not), but she would at least try.

Scene 4

Nikki delivers an insightful analysis on the struggle of the individual versus the group, and how the individual longs to be seen as part of the group while remaining fearful of losing their identify within it. She interweaves this with a discussion on nature versus nurture, and how the individual may be unwillingly and unconsciously guided toward certain roles based on pressures derived from both sources.

Opposed skill: Strong roll +1, honor student +2, overachiever +1: Total +4

jamieth
2016-12-05, 11:45 AM
Scene 3.5

It was hard to choose; Ashley's soul and mind pulled to completely different endevours, and she knew there was absolutely zero chance she'll have time and stamina to do all of them. So, falling back to what she claimed earlier, she signed into Interpretive Dance society... hoping her previous ballet experience would help.

Scene 4

Hearing the assignment, Ashley frowned slightly. She didn't, of course, learn about it until just now, and had to work from what she remembered from the time she read the book before... and didn't have that great opinion of it.

Still, it's not like she would allow herself to outright fail a class, ultimately managing to pen together a presentation that was... passable. Yes, that word would do nicely; passable... but in no way exceptional. Way to make a first impression...

Strong Skill; +1 total (unless you rule that classic Lit count to Classy Lady, in which case +3. I don't think it should, honestly; Shakespear, certainly, Hucksley, no)

Black Socks
2016-12-05, 04:01 PM
Amelia smiles softly to herself. She had read ahead a few chapters and the book was great, but why is everyone so competitive?
Humming a tune, she pulls out a piece of paper and begins to work.

Skill, strong +1, Honor Student +2. Total: +3.

Lentrax
2016-12-05, 04:04 PM
Try as she might, Leslie just could not come up with anything more original than what has already been presented. So, she sits by, waiting for her doom to befall her.

Neutral Skill +0 total.

Illven
2016-12-05, 07:51 PM
Desiree had her form submitted to real theater before heading to class, but talking to some enamored classmates took up more time then she expected and when the bell rang she ducked into the first available room. French class, just as the bell rung. Sighing in relief she sat down as the Teacher was putting people into groups of three to practice grammar, getting grouped up with Angelica and AJ.

It is tres much pleasure to be paired with you two. Desiree beamed giving both ladies kisses on the cheek.

As Angelica and AJ started, Desiree started rubbing Angelica's back comfortingly, or what was an attempt to be comforting. In tandem with her sexy whispers into Angelica's back, and leaning over just enough so that both girls could see down her shirt, the effect was probably as distracting as her advice was helpful.

There we go. That's good. You've got it... Draw that out... She whispered out.

For her post it was about her in danger. Starting to fake an allergen to something she started hyperventilating, her chest heaving with each breath. As AJ jammed an "epi-pen" into her, Desiree swiftly recovered.

My hero! She beamed giving AJ a huge smooch on the lips

Strong allure, Shameless, First use of do your best.

DracoknightZero
2016-12-06, 01:21 AM
Victoria attempt to bring out her insight from the text of the "Brave new world" and the irony behind the beginning quote by Shakespeare. "Considering the context of the qoute i would say the author of this text was quite sarcastic" she says with a smirk.

Well my skill is weak, and i suppose i could use "Keen Eye" due to a bit of pre-class research on the matter. Modifiers: -1 +2 ?

2016-12-06, 05:38 AM
Angelica signs up as interested in Cooking Club, Musical Theatre Club, Real Theatre Club, and Debating Society.

Scene 4

Angelica focuses on getting the lesson learned as well, but is sure to play up her role as the 'victim' that AJ needs to save. She's not exactly a top-notch actor, but she tries her best.

Straight Allure, no modifiers

Ninja_Prawn
2016-12-07, 11:00 AM
Nikki delivers an insightful analysis on the struggle of the individual versus the group, and how the individual longs to be seen as part of the group while remaining fearful of losing their identify within it. She interweaves this with a discussion on nature versus nurture, and how the individual may be unwillingly and unconsciously guided toward certain roles based on pressures derived from both sources.

Hearing the assignment, Ashley frowned slightly. She didn't, of course, learn about it until just now, and had to work from what she remembered from the time she read the book before... and didn't have that great opinion of it.

Still, it's not like she would allow herself to outright fail a class, ultimately managing to pen together a presentation that was... passable. Yes, that word would do nicely; passable... but in no way exceptional. Way to make a first impression...

Amelia smiles softly to herself. She had read ahead a few chapters and the book was great, but why is everyone so competitive?
Humming a tune, she pulls out a piece of paper and begins to work.

Try as she might, Leslie just could not come up with anything more original than what has already been presented. So, she sits by, waiting for her doom to befall her.

Victoria attempt to bring out her insight from the text of the "Brave new world" and the irony behind the beginning quote by Shakespeare. "Considering the context of the qoute i would say the author of this text was quite sarcastic" she says with a smirk.

In the English class, it is obvious who has been doing their homework. Nikki and Amelia give impressive presentations that really stand out from the crowd, while the others of you fail to make much of an impression. Ms. Rose takes a back seat, allowing your fellow students to question and critique each offering.

As the class finishes and you head down to the break room, you have a chance to converse. Megan opines: "I think it's great that we get to do some speculative fiction this year. It should give us plenty of material to discuss."

For her post it was about her in danger. Starting to fake an allergen to something she started hyperventilating, her chest heaving with each breath. As AJ jammed an "epi-pen" into her, Desiree swiftly recovered.

My hero! She beamed giving AJ a huge smooch on the lips

Angelica focuses on getting the lesson learned as well, but is sure to play up her role as the 'victim' that AJ needs to save. She's not exactly a top-notch actor, but she tries her best.

Your 'victim' acts clearly appeal to AJ's desire to be the centre of attention. "À l'héroïne, les filles,"* she quips after Desiree (shamelessly) kisses her. It almost makes it seem as if it was part of the act.

I have no idea if that is coherent in French or not. It's supposed to be a corruption of the the victor, the spoils.

Lentrax
2016-12-07, 12:47 PM
As the class finishes and you head down to the break room, you have a chance to converse. Megan opines: "I think it's great that we get to do some speculative fiction this year. It should give us plenty of material to discuss."

If you say so. We're not that far into the term, and my brain already hurts. But then again, I'll be honest. If it weren't for football, I wouldna be here at all.

Space Lawyer
2016-12-07, 01:10 PM
Nikki nods vigorously in agreement. "Yeah! There will be so much more to talk about than just your stand-by classics! After all, people read the newer stuff because it's interesting and it has just as much to say as any older piece. Sometimes it is even much more relevant, simply by virtue of being more relatable. I can picture myself out in space easier than ancient Greece."

jamieth
2016-12-07, 02:19 PM
"I, on the other hand, would love to visit Ancient Greece", Grace, ever a graceful loser, joins the conversation, "Too see all the marvels of architecture in their full glory... living there might be a little too much, though. I'm afraid I'm too used to modern utilities", she admits.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-12-07, 02:20 PM
If you say so. We're not that far into the term, and my brain already hurts. But then again, I'll be honest. If it weren't for football, I wouldna be here at all.

"Hey, that's cool too. You must be really good, eh?"

Nikki nods vigorously in agreement. "Yeah! There will be so much more to talk about than just your stand-by classics! After all, people read the newer stuff because it's interesting and it has just as much to say as any older piece. Sometimes it is even much more relevant, simply by virtue of being more relatable. I can picture myself out in space easier than ancient Greece."

"I, on the other hand, would love to visit Ancient Greece", Grace, ever a graceful loser, joins the conversation, "Too see all the marvels of architecture in their full glory... living there might be a little too much, though. I'm afraid I'm too used to modern utilities", she admits.

Megan nods. "Aren't we all? Imagine if we went back in time and I broke my glasses... I'd be blind!"

"What a world we live in." Says Lottie. "But it's definitely more interesting than what we did last year. I swear, if I have to read one more word written by Thomas Hardy..."

2016-12-07, 02:47 PM
Your 'victim' acts clearly appeal to AJ's desire to be the centre of attention. "À l'héroïne, les filles,"* she quips after Desiree (shamelessly) kisses her. It almost makes it seem as if it was part of the act.

I have no idea if that is coherent in French or not. It's supposed to be a corruption of the the victor, the spoils.

Angelina smiles up at her 'rescuer' "Vous avez bien agi," she says, stumbling over the words a bit awkwardly.

Lentrax
2016-12-07, 02:51 PM
"Hey, that's cool too. You must be really good, eh?"

Not really. I mean, you've seen me. I trip and fall all the time. Its just that on the pitch... Well, I am less klutzy, and sometimes, when I am, I get really lucky.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-12-07, 03:20 PM
Not really. I mean, you've seen me. I trip and fall all the time. Its just that on the pitch... Well, I am less klutzy, and sometimes, when I am, I get really lucky.

"What's the saying?" Wonders Lottie. "Better lucky than good!"

Lentrax
2016-12-07, 03:32 PM
"What's the saying?" Wonders Lottie. "Better lucky than good!"

Aye, that's the saying, though I think my ankle disagrees with that right now.

Illven
2016-12-07, 03:35 PM
Angelina smiles up at her 'rescuer' "Vous avez bien agi," she says, stumbling over the words a bit awkwardly.

You're both doing tres wonderful. Desiree replied warmly.

How are liking the French? She asks gesturing around the room.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-12-07, 03:49 PM
Aye, that's the saying, though I think my ankle disagrees with that right now.

"Aww, you poor wounded soldier. Have you got enough painkllers? I think I have some codeine in here somewhere..." Megan fishes around in her bag.

"We love the French!" Someone shouts. The teacher, Madame Bouchard laughs.

AJ smiles and sways, more quietly, "it's a lot more fun with you two here."

2016-12-07, 03:53 PM

"I'm having a grand time. It's always fun learning something new, don't you think?"

"Aww, you poor wounded soldier. Have you got enough painkllers? I think I have some codeine in here somewhere..." Megan fishes around in her bag.

"We love the French!" Someone shouts. The teacher, Madame Bouchard laughs.

AJ smiles and sways, more quietly, "it's a lot more fun with you two here."

Angelina's smile wavers a bit, but keeps going strong. She asks about as quietly "It's usually...less fun, then? Any particular reason?"

Lentrax
2016-12-07, 03:58 PM

No, I'm fine. It's mostly better now. Jus' a wrap instead of a brace. Besides, Leslie says with a hint of a sigh. It's na' the worst I've had to endure.

Illven
2016-12-07, 04:03 PM
Angelina's smile wavers a bit, but keeps going strong. She asks about as quietly "It's usually...less fun, then? Any particular reason?"

Probably two less beau girls, non? Desiree replied.

2016-12-07, 04:07 PM
Probably two less beau girls, non? Desiree replied.

"Could be," Angelina conceded, her smile getting back towards full force.

jamieth
2016-12-07, 04:40 PM
Megan nods. "Aren't we all? Imagine if we went back in time and I broke my glasses... I'd be blind!"

"What a world we live in." Says Lottie. "But it's definitely more interesting than what we did last year. I swear, if I have to read one more word written by Thomas Hardy..."

"Oh, I agree; I can't stand his fatalism myself - I much prefer stories where heroes audit manage to triumph against their fate... Oh, so many nights I spent with Jules Verne - do you remember, Megan?" She smiles, embracing the fond memories.

DracoknightZero
2016-12-08, 12:08 AM
"Oh i prefer more lighthearted fantasy than this grim sci-fi, nothing like a downer to your optimism than bad news eh?" Victoria pondered, "Still it makes you wonder if such a society would really exsist if we tossed ethics out of the window"

Ninja_Prawn
2016-12-08, 07:51 AM
"Could be," Angelina conceded, her smile getting back towards full force.

"Yeah, pretty much. I don't really know any of these other girls, so it'd be awkward without you."

"Oh, I agree; I can't stand his fatalism myself - I much prefer stories where heroes manage to triumph against their fate... Oh, so many nights I spent with Jules Verne - do you remember, Megan?" She smiles, embracing the fond memories.

"Oh i prefer more lighthearted fantasy than this grim sci-fi, nothing like a downer to your optimism than bad news eh?" Victoria pondered, "Still it makes you wonder if such a society would really exist if we tossed ethics out of the window"

Megan smiles too. "Yes, of course. And you know, I've always felt that the saddest stories were the most moving. There's just... more depth (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TrueArtIsAngsty) to them."

DracoknightZero
2016-12-08, 08:08 AM
"Weeeell" Victoria sighed "In my line of hobbies i think i get way too much of "depth" in reality, so i like to have something happy to read about to balance it out" She smiles and waggle her notebook "And happy news tend to be the best news to write about!"

2016-12-08, 08:09 AM
"Yeah, pretty much. I don't really know any of these other girls, so it'd be awkward without you."

Angelina's smile was full-force once more. "Guess that means we'll all get to make new friends together!" she declared happily.

Illven
2016-12-08, 02:11 PM
We'll be with you all the way. Desiree replies brightly.

jamieth
2016-12-08, 03:06 PM
"And besides... sad stories I really don't mind; but there's a difference between sad, depressing and hopeless... Hm, I understand that's not a work usually considered fitting for Lit class, but I want to name Mother's Rosario, by Kawahara Reki, as an example. Despite lacking happy ending in taditional sense, it's still hopeful and heroic throughout..."

Black Socks
2016-12-09, 08:01 PM
Amelia cannot resist the urge to put her two cents in on sad stories.
"Well, it depends. I think that those people who think that sad stories are automatically 'deeper' or whatever are just jerks. So stories that just seem to be about how the world is a terrible place are rubbish, but stories that are well written can be enthralling."

Ninja_Prawn
2016-12-10, 05:09 PM
Angelina's smile was full-force once more. "Guess that means we'll all get to make new friends together!" she declared happily.

We'll be with you all the way. Desiree replies brightly.

After class, you meet up with the others...

"Weeeell" Victoria sighed "In my line of hobbies i think i get way too much of "depth" in reality, so i like to have something happy to read about to balance it out" She smiles and waggle her notebook "And happy news tend to be the best news to write about!"

"And besides... sad stories I really don't mind; but there's a difference between sad, depressing and hopeless... Hm, I understand that's not a work usually considered fitting for Lit class, but I want to name Mother's Rosario, by Kawahara Reki, as an example. Despite lacking happy ending in taditional sense, it's still hopeful and heroic throughout..."

Amelia cannot resist the urge to put her two cents in on sad stories.
"Well, it depends. I think that those people who think that sad stories are automatically 'deeper' or whatever are just jerks. So stories that just seem to be about how the world is a terrible place are rubbish, but stories that are well written can be enthralling."

"Well obviously. That's practically a tautology." Megan complains.

"Oh, don't get your knickers in a twist," says Lottie, as AJ, Angelica and Desiree join you. "Oh hey, you guys. Let's talk about something new. What sorts of films does everyone like?"

Illven
2016-12-10, 05:17 PM
J'adore I mean I like super... hero flims... Desiree replied taking a moment to formulate the sentence in her head.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-12-11, 12:28 PM
"They are cool, huh?" Says AJ. "And you gotta love the costumes!"

jamieth
2016-12-11, 12:59 PM
"Speaking of costumes, I suppose I like period dramas? Or... hystorical movies in general. It's probably the same thing - seeing the past without leaving all the comforts of the present..."

Lentrax
2016-12-11, 02:14 PM
I prefer Science Fiction myself. Star Trek especially.

After a moment, she quickly adds, The old ones. Not the new ones. Even if Simon Pegg is amazing in them.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-12-11, 02:21 PM
Lottie agrees. "Hah, yeah, Pegg is a genius. But the real question is: Kirk or Picard?"

jamieth
2016-12-11, 02:49 PM
There was time to put an air of refinement on... And then there was time to get serious. "Excuse me", Grace asked, "have you really just suggested there can be a meaningful competition between William Shattner and Sir Patrick Stewart?"

Ninja_Prawn
2016-12-11, 03:26 PM
There was time to put an air of refinement on... And then there was time to get serious. "Excuse me", Grace asked, "have you really just suggested there can be a meaningful competition between William Shattner and Sir Patrick Stewart?"

"Well, I mean, I was really talking about the characters..." she hedges. "Obviously it's unfair to compare anyone to Sir Patrick in real life."

Lentrax
2016-12-11, 03:32 PM
Kirk. Hands down. Picard was a great captain, don't get me wrong. But you gotta give it to the guy who set the bar so high, only Picard could reach it.

Illven
2016-12-11, 03:52 PM
Who? Desiree asked cocking her head in confusion.

Space Lawyer
2016-12-11, 04:16 PM
Nikki pipes up. "Give me a good action movie, or something with an excellent story. I'm either going to be engrossed, or turning my brain off with some mindless explosions."

DracoknightZero
2016-12-11, 05:18 PM
"When it comes to movies i like the comedies more, i suppose its just me trying to keep smiling all the time." Victoria smiled "But hey i like a lot of movie types and sci-fi is very interesting, especially those with a more "weird" future to em that dont follow todays logic and ethics"

Lentrax
2016-12-11, 05:34 PM
Who? Desiree asked cocking her head in confusion.

Kirk, you know. William Shatner? Leslie changes her accent and gives probably the worst Kirk impression ever.

He, Tore. His uniform... In every episode... Of the original show.

DracoknightZero
2016-12-12, 02:02 AM
[COLOR="#006400"]He, Tore. His uniform... In every episode... Of the original show.

"You didnt watch the show for the actual plot now did you?" Victoria teased.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-12-12, 02:56 AM
"You didnt watch the show for the actual plot now did you?" Victoria teased.

"Hey, there's no shame in that," says Megan, spreading her hands. "Deanna Troi. Is all I'm saying."

DracoknightZero
2016-12-12, 03:27 AM
"Hey, there's no shame in that," says Megan, spreading her hands. "Deanna Troi. Is all I'm saying."

"Oh yeah, she was pretty hot!" Victoria blurted out. "Where did they find all of these hot people for the show?" she continued without much of a thought.

jamieth
2016-12-12, 03:34 AM
"Indeed, indeed. Leaving aside the question of how suposedly experienced diplomat and psychologist with telepathic abilities manages to miss so many characters so openly traitorous that anyone seeing them on screen for more than five minutes can't help but exclaim, 'He's a villain!'", Grace chuckles. It's all in a good humor, though, any sense of confrontation gone once Lottie acknowledged Stewart's credentials. "OK, next question - favorite Doctor?"

Ninja_Prawn
2016-12-12, 03:43 AM
"Tennant!" AJ practically shouts.

Megan rolls her eyes. "Eccleston, I guess. Though I will say I was surprised by how good Capaldi was."

Lottie rolls her eyes. "How can you even understand what he's saying? Oh, no offense, Leslie. I think my favourite is probably Matt Smith. But I'd like to see more female timelords..."

It seems like they're all into the newer series.

DracoknightZero
2016-12-12, 03:50 AM
"I have a hard time picking a favorite of the 3 last Doctors, but what i think is amazing with the show is how they can have so unique feels to the doctors for every incarnation and yet feel like Doctor Who"

Honestly i admit to that i have NO knowledge of the series over some idea of the setting and some trivia, dont bite me!

jamieth
2016-12-12, 04:07 AM
"Tennant!" AJ practically shouts.

Megan rolls her eyes. "Eccleston, I guess. Though I will say I was surprised by how good Capaldi was."

Lottie rolls her eyes. "How can you even understand what he's saying? Oh, no offense, Leslie. I think my favourite is probably Matt Smith. But I'd like to see more female timelords..."

It seems like they're all into the newer series.

"Well, I couldn't very well keep calling myself ' The Master' now, could I? (https://youtu.be/gbqnpb_PIkE?t=1m15s)", Grace says, doing a passable Michelle Gomez impersonation.
"But oh yes, I have to say I'm peculiar to Capaldi myself. Probably the same thing as with Picard - older, classically trained actors just have that gravitas about them... though since you brought up Deanna Troi, I have to admit to finding Clara Oswald... or, rather, Jenna Coleman very attractive..." she adds without a sign of shame or embarrassment. "Really looking forward to seeing her in Victoria..."

DracoknightZero
2016-12-12, 04:19 AM
"Really looking forward to seeing her in Victoria..."

"Oh? Are you shipping me out already?" Victoria winks.

jamieth
2016-12-12, 04:25 AM
"What?" Grace blinks as well, "Oh, sorry. No, I meant - I meant Queen Victoria, as played by Jenna Coleman, who played Clara Oswald on Doctor Who. Not that I don't think you're pretty as well", she smiles.

DracoknightZero
2016-12-12, 04:30 AM
"What?" Grace blinks as well, "Oh, sorry. No, I meant - I meant Queen Victoria, as played by Jenna Coleman, who played Clara Oswald on Doctor Who. Not that I don't think you're pretty as well", she smiles.

"Oh thanks, you are pretty cute yourself you know?" Victoria smiles back. "But i wouldnt say no to take over the role if they asked me, though the performance would not be as stellar." She cringe as to empathize the image of her acting.

Space Lawyer
2016-12-12, 10:00 AM
Nikki looks around awkwardly. She'd seen the shows everyone was talking about, of course, but her demanding schedule had never really left the time to get into them. It seemed like this conversation was really zeroing in on her weak point - popular culture. She just nods and occasionally mumbles noncommittaly, hoping nobody notices. It would be mortifying to be made out as dunce in any subject in front of Lottie, even more so in something that she obviously had such an interest in.

Lentrax
2016-12-12, 01:43 PM
Leslie thickens her accent as she replies to Lottie. Aye, well if you English had proper sensabilities, you'd all be speakin' like a Scot. she then reaches into her bag and pulls out a smaller bag of something. She holds it out to Lottie.

Would you like a jelly baby?

Ninja_Prawn
2016-12-12, 02:44 PM
Would you like a jelly baby?

"Ooh! Don't mind if I do! I love the Blackcurrant ones..." Megan pokes her beak in, too, pilfering a raspberry baby.

Illven
2016-12-12, 03:56 PM
What is this doctor who? Desiree questioned clearly confused.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-12-12, 04:02 PM
What is this doctor who? Desiree questioned clearly confused.

AJ explains. "Oh, it's just a TV show. Space aliens, time travel... practically everyone watches it. Hell, it'd be like cultural studies for you!"

Illven
2016-12-12, 04:20 PM
AJ explains. "Oh, it's just a TV show. Space aliens, time travel... practically everyone watches it. Hell, it'd be like cultural studies for you!"

Really. Is that much a central cultural pillar? Desiree questions.

2016-12-12, 04:34 PM
Really. Is that much a central cultural pillar? Desiree questions.

"It's pretty popular. I'm not personally much of a fan, but then, I'm generally not a fan of more...fantastical fiction."

Lentrax
2016-12-12, 05:05 PM
Well, then, what about something only slightly less fantastical while we are on the subject of British Icons. Favorite Bond, James Bond?

jamieth
2016-12-12, 05:13 PM
"Connery. Obviously", Ashley Grace states immediately, "I guess you can say there's a pattern here."

Ninja_Prawn
2016-12-13, 04:54 AM
"I don't really like the Bond films, to be honest," says AJ.

"Mhm. I've only seen the newer ones, with Daniel Craig. I didn't think they were anything special." Lottie adds.

"Well you wouldn't, if those are the only ones you've seen," says Megan. "I'd have to say my favourite is Connery as well."

DracoknightZero
2016-12-13, 06:22 AM
"I don't really like the Bond films, to be honest," says AJ.

"Mhm. I've only seen the newer ones, with Daniel Craig. I didn't think they were anything special." Lottie adds.

"Well you wouldn't, if those are the only ones you've seen," says Megan. "I'd have to say my favourite is Connery as well."

"Even though my favorite Bond movie over all is "Tomorrow never dies" i have to agree with Megan that the best Bond have to be Connery" Victoria then smiled at Lottie
"Then we should try to introduce you to some of the older ones then Lottie!" She thought for a moment "We should totally have a movie night together and catch up to these "cultural symbols"" Victoria did air quotes and then beamed at the thought of a movie night.

Space Lawyer
2016-12-13, 09:28 AM
"We should totally have a movie night together and catch up to these "cultural symbols""

Nikki agrees emphatically. "Yeah, totally, we should definitely do that!" She could disguise her own relative unfamiliarity with said cultural symbols in the group.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-12-14, 02:04 PM
Nikki agrees emphatically. "Yeah, totally, we should definitely do that!" She could disguise her own relative unfamiliarity with said cultural symbols in the group.

You make plans to get together at Lottie's house this Saturday to watch films.

Scene 5

At practice the next day, the coach gives you all a second chance to prove you should be in the team on Sunday - or indeed, to weed out those who haven't got back into shape properly after your summer holidays. For yea, it is the dreaded beep test! Will you conquer the unfeeling machine, or drop like so many flies?

Unpposed roll!!

Conflict - give it your all! Push through the pain!! Gain/lose SPs equal to roll minus 3. This can take you below zero!

2016-12-14, 02:27 PM
Angelina blurs through the test, almost on autopilot - she was running this drill through the summer for fun after all.

Practiced Kata says "Conflict? Nah, I'll roll Skill".

Skill Roll. Strong Roll 1+Athlete: Football 1=+2 total.

Lentrax
2016-12-14, 02:48 PM
Fortunately, Leslie's ankle feels a lot better today. Unfortunately it's in time for the test. And it will be measured against everyone else.

Great.

Weak conflict. -1 total.

DracoknightZero
2016-12-15, 12:12 AM
Victoria felt good today, but would her body hold up?

No modifiers, i suppose the negatives in the roll doesnt count as a modifier for second wind next roll?

Illven
2016-12-15, 12:42 AM
Desiree tried running. She really did. However her.... significant developments were distracting for others, and actively hindering for herself.

Weak conflict.

jamieth
2016-12-15, 01:35 AM
Endurance, hardly Ashley's strongest point. But giving up, is even more unlike her; so, while it takes pushing her body tgo near collapse, she still manages to get a... decent result.

Weak conflict, Graceful; end result is 3, for no SP loss or gain. And I, too, wonder about Second Wind charging up from Weak rolls

Space Lawyer
2016-12-15, 08:51 AM
Nikki hated these sorts of trials. Outright physical prowess had never been her strongest point. She could run for hours, but pure speed had always been an issue. It was what had kept her from a role as a striker or defender.

No modifiers! Hopefully the coach will see the equal value of hard work to raw talent!

Black Socks
2016-12-15, 02:41 PM
Amelia rolls her neck back and forth, hearing the bones crack.

Ugh. Competing against each other instead of against our limits. It's time for a simple plan....

For you see, she does not use all her energy at first. She saves some back for a dramatic second wind in case the first wave isn't enough.

Weak roll gives -1, using Contingency Plan for advantage.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-12-16, 03:52 AM
Desiree and Nikki drop out first, to which the coach shakes her head, while Grace just barely gets above the target score. "Come one girls, you can do better than that!"

Amelia and Leslie do pretty well, despite this not being their strong suit. You can be proud of your performance. Angelica and Victoria, meanwhile, push each other right to the end, topping the class and earning some praise from the gaffer: "Well done, you two. That's really impressive." Your places in the team should be secure for a while, now.

"Man, why do I have to do this stuff?" Lottie complains afterwards. "It's torture, is what it is."

AJ is too knackered to even complain. Leaning on Desiree for support, she groans "thank God that's over. I can't believe you beat me, Angelica!"

Illven
2016-12-16, 04:06 AM
My side. My side hurts Desiree replies wincing at every sharp stab a new breath took in.

DracoknightZero
2016-12-16, 08:05 AM
"Whew, thats a good run Angelica..." Victoria tries to lean in on someone for support. (Whomever that might be doesnt matter) "Didnt want you to win that easily" She grins.

"Also Lottie, if you manage to keep up they wont be able to tire you out by running circles around you always a good thing about a keeper that can keep up" chuckling as she realize the accidental pun.

Lentrax
2016-12-16, 08:21 AM
"Man, why do I have to do this stuff?" Lottie complains afterwards. "It's torture, is what it is."

True, Leslie agrees. I dinnae think its fun for anyone who takes the test. But it's the price of being an athlete, I suppose.

2016-12-16, 09:38 AM
"Whew, thats a good run Angelica..." Victoria tries to lean in on someone for support. (Whomever that might be doesnt matter) "Didnt want you to win that easily" She grins.

Angelica grins back at her, loving the feeling of adrenaline still pumping through her system. "It's good having somebody that can keep up with me, that's for sure," she remarks, sounding only slightly winded as she keeps her breath calm and controlled rather than succumbing to the urge to hyperventilate after such intense exercise.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-12-17, 05:27 AM
After you've rested and gotten clean, AJ asks the group: "so who's excited about the game on Sunday? Our first competitive match together..."

Lentrax
2016-12-17, 11:04 AM
Well, for those of us who get ta play. I've got a feeling Coach'll be keeping some of us on the sidelines...

DracoknightZero
2016-12-17, 11:53 AM
Well, for those of us who get ta play. I've got a feeling Coach'll be keeping some of us on the sidelines...

"Hopefully Coach will give most of us a run on the field at least once to see how we actually perform" Victoria said cheerfully and then started to ponder "Though i am not sure how competetive Coach is about these matches... my guess is: Very" she winked and looked to see if there was still someone struggling to get back to normal breathing.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-12-17, 12:14 PM
"Hopefully Coach will give most of us a run on the field at least once to see how we actually perform" Victoria said cheerfully and then started to ponder "Though i am not sure how competetive Coach is about these matches... my guess is: Very" she winked and looked to see if there was still someone struggling to get back to normal breathing.

"I expect you're right. Everyone here has potential, so it'd be stupid not to give us all a chance at some point. Not that I want anyone taking my place!"

Space Lawyer
2016-12-19, 09:42 AM
DammitdammitDAMMIT!

Nikki had tried her hardest for this test . . . but it just hadn't been her time to shine. Now she was undoubtedly relegated to sitting on the bench for the first game. Which would probably relegate her there for the rest of the season.

Dammit.

She tries to muster a bit of cheer around the mention of the match, but just can't seem to be sincere about it. "Yeah, that'll be great. Really get to see what playing here, on this level, is like."

Illven
2016-12-19, 04:06 PM
Well is it a une practice game... Or will this affect our ranking. If it will affect, I expect she'll want to go with her strongest players to avoid issues. Desiree pointed out.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-12-21, 03:24 AM
Well is it a une practice game... Or will this affect our ranking. If it will affect, I expect she'll want to go with her strongest players to avoid issues. Desiree pointed out.

"It's competitive from here until the end of the season," says AJ. "But, like, we're only under-19s, so no one will really care who ends up on top of the table."

Lottie agrees. "Mhm. It's more about developing our skills and getting picked for the development squad at the moment. Not that I don't want to win every game we play!"

DracoknightZero
2016-12-21, 03:28 AM
"It's competitive from here until the end of the season," says AJ. "But, like, we're only under-19s, so no one will really care who ends up on top of the table."

Lottie agrees. "Mhm. It's more about developing our skills and getting picked for the development squad at the moment. Not that I don't want to win every game we play!"

"If we are not aiming to win, why are we even at this school to begin with right?" Victoria said with a glint in her eye. "Might aswell aim for the very top while we are at it!"

Illven
2016-12-21, 03:41 AM

Oh... That's.... tres different from... What I understand from my American friends... Any sport you have to be competitive and the top from like... um really little. Desiree pipes up.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-12-21, 04:06 AM
"If we are not aiming to win, why are we even at this school to begin with right?" Victoria said with a glint in her eye. "Might aswell aim for the very top while we are at it!"

Oh... That's.... tres different from... What I understand from my American friends... Any sport you have to be competitive and the top from like... um really little. Desiree pipes up.

"Oh yeah, I've heard of that. Americans push their kids way too hard, huh? But at the same time, Victoria's right: we're basically adults now, so we have to take responsibility for our performances."

"Plus you have to get to the top to get all the money, and fast cars, and..." AJ winks.

jamieth
2016-12-21, 04:08 AM
"Well, not necessarily. I mean, if you wanted to get by on athletic achievements alone, that might be the case; but since we all managed to get into King Henry's already, we shall be on more or less equal starting ground... from now on, though, yes - we'll have to impress to go further... or seek other walks in life", says Grace, who has several planned already - just in case. It's not like she actually strives to go pro after finishing school...

Illven
2016-12-21, 04:09 AM
"Oh yeah, I've heard of that. Americans push their kids way too hard, huh? But at the same time, Victoria's right: we're basically adults now, so we have to take responsibility for our performances."

"Plus you have to get to the top to get all the money, and fast cars, and..." AJ winks.

And la fame. Desiree replied looking up at the ceiling in thought.

jamieth
2016-12-21, 04:17 AM
"And the attention of our... friends", Grace nodded.

DracoknightZero
2016-12-21, 05:39 AM

"And the attention of our... friends", Grace nodded.

"Oh who is it that you two want to impress and get the attention of hmmm?" Victoria teased.

Illven
2016-12-21, 03:24 PM
I think you can take a guess. Desiree replied with a confident smirk.

2016-12-21, 03:28 PM
After you've rested and gotten clean, AJ asks the group: "so who's excited about the game on Sunday? Our first competitive match together..."

"I'm definitely looking forward to playing at that higher level of competition. Even if it turns out I can't keep up, it should be exciting to push myself to the limits."

Ninja_Prawn
2016-12-21, 05:17 PM
I think you can take a guess. Desiree replied with a confident smirk.

AJ flashes a wolfish grin.

"I'm definitely looking forward to playing at that higher level of competition. Even if it turns out I can't keep up, it should be exciting to push myself to the limits."

Scene 6

Runner's Glow: STARTERS ONLY
Angelica gets her chance to find out if she will, in fact, be able to keep up at the end of the week... it's time for the game! The visitors have travelled in from West London, and as you watch them warm up, you begin to get the impression that they aren't anything special. Coach Walker gives a short speech that boils down to "no pressure, just go out there and enjoy your football," and calls out the names of her starters.

Anyone with at least 1SP starts this game, the others are on the bench. Starters may feign injury if they want to be benched instead.

Unopposed roll!!

Allure d5 – forget the game; this is a great opportunity to flirt with AJ, right there on the pitch! 2VP towards AJ.
Skill d5 – or, you know, you could work hard for the team. 1VP towards Lottie, 1SP.
Unopposed roll!!

Allure d4 – cheer on the girls with all your might! 1VP towards AJ & Lottie, doubled if you roll 8 or more.
Luck d6 – come off the bench to change the game! 1VP towards AJ & Lottie, 1SP.

Illven
2016-12-21, 05:41 PM
C'mon girls let's go! Desiree piped up. Bonjour girls, let's go!

Desiree hadn't been focusing on the team nearly as much. So she was the only one in her group of friends to be sitting on the bench.

Really all the better to be the bard, and inspire her team to greatness.

Strong allure, Quaint greeting, School queen (I assume the starting roster isn't entirely protag and PC's), and using my (I believe second) charge of do your best. For a +6.

Lentrax
2016-12-22, 12:46 AM
Leslie is so amazed that she is one of the starters that she doesn't even think. She just goes out and plays.

Neutral skill. Will use Sealed power if I roll a 1.

jamieth
2016-12-22, 02:47 AM
Ashley Grace accepts the news of being a started with proper confidence and dignity; it is, after all, what she came here to do, so what's the point in not doing it? Even more importantly, what would be the point in not doing it as well as one can?

Strong Skill +1, Renessaince Lady +1, Second Wind +1 for +3 total.

DracoknightZero
2016-12-23, 02:11 PM
Victoria wasn't quite focused on the game today and mostly got lost in flirting with AJ.

Blank roll on Allure. No modifiers.

2016-12-23, 02:27 PM
Angelica tore across the field, not letting the relative inexperience of her opponents trick her into going easy; she was getting her workout one way or another! She even managed to put on a decent display while she did so, in an attempt to please those watching - both the crowd and her teammates.

Maybe fortune favors the bold? Hypercharged, activate! And because I feel spunky, activating Overcharge as well! :smallbiggrin:

Allure: Neutral 0+Runner's Glow 2+Overcharge 2-Hypercharge 2=+2.

Skill: Strong +1+Athletic: Football 2+Illven's Do Your Best 2-Hypercharge 2=+3.

Space Lawyer
2016-12-25, 07:05 AM
Coach had given Nikki a stern talking to after practice. Her dismal performance in the beep test had nearly lost her a spot as a starter. If she wanted to stay there, she would have to work harder. It was the first time in a decade or more somebody had told Nikki that she would have to put even more effort into something.

Nikki starts the game with renewed confidence and vigor. So what if she couldn't show up well at some test? This was an actual game, this was where she would shine!

Prepare for devastation!

Strong skill +1, Ilven's Do Your Best +2, Athletic +2 = +5

Ninja_Prawn
2017-01-03, 04:33 PM
Leslie is so amazed that she is one of the starters that she doesn't even think. She just goes out and plays.

Ashley Grace accepts the news of being a started with proper confidence and dignity; it is, after all, what she came here to do, so what's the point in not doing it? Even more importantly, what would be the point in not doing it as well as one can?

Nikki starts the game with renewed confidence and vigor. So what if she couldn't show up well at some test? This was an actual game, this was where she would shine!

Like many things, football is all about confidence. Nikki and Grace start the game strongly, combining well for some slick passing moves and setting up the first goal, which is scored after only five minutes. With the opposition pegged back so early, they're unable to put much pressure on the defense, which earns you the approval of Captain Lottie.

Leslie's misfortune continues, however. Her effect on the game is marginal and she gets hauled off at halftime. The coach frowns, shakes her head and remarks "I'm trying to help you out here, MacDonnell, but you've gotta give me something to work with. What was the matter with you out there?"

Victoria wasn't quite focused on the game today and mostly got lost in flirting with AJ.

Angelica tore across the field, not letting the relative inexperience of her opponents trick her into going easy; she was getting her workout one way or another! She even managed to put on a decent display while she did so, in an attempt to please those watching - both the crowd and her teammates.

Victoria's flirting technique is, unfortunately, lost on AJ. Angelica provides an object lesson: on the pitch, AJ responds much better to something physical. Running around, getting in people's faces, the occasional slap on the back: this is much more effective with our star striker.

"Ha, nicely done," she says as Angelica slots home the second goal, "you are on fire today!"

C'mon girls let's go! Desiree piped up. Bonjour girls, let's go!

Desiree hadn't been focusing on the team nearly as much. So she was the only one in her group of friends to be sitting on the bench.

Really all the better to be the bard, and inspire her team to greatness.

Meanwhile, Desiree's cheering really is epic, and all the more charming thanks to her continental style. The others who came to watch (a small group, but a dedicated one) follow her lead, giving the girls on the pitch a clear boost: the game is a comfortable 3-0 victory! Miss. Walker thanks Desiree personally afterwards, saying: "your enthusiasm is really something. Most girls would get down about being left out, but your attitude does you great credit." Smiling, she adds, "keep it up and you'll surely get a run-out soon!"

Lentrax
2017-01-03, 04:54 PM
Sorry, Coach. Must still be the ankle.

Illven
2017-01-03, 05:34 PM
Desiree nods.

If every girl gave up the first time something didn't go there way, there'd be no.... Michael Jordans... He's that basketball player from America, right? Desiree questions.

2017-01-03, 05:56 PM
Victoria's flirting technique is, unfortunately, lost on AJ. Angelica provides an object lesson: on the pitch, AJ responds much better to something physical. Running around, getting in people's faces, the occasional slap on the back: this is much more effective with our star striker.

"Ha, nicely done," she says as Angelica slots home the second goal, "you are on fire today!"

Angelica grins at her, blood and adrenaline pumping through her veins. "You're doing amazing too!" she shouted back, delivering a high-five as she tears down the field past AJ.

DracoknightZero
2017-01-04, 01:04 AM
Victoria sighs at her failed attempt at being flirty and wanders over to Lottie. "High five! You did pretty well today aswell!" and gives her a light smile.

jamieth
2017-01-04, 05:23 AM
"Indeed, I would say we did pretty fine for our first time together", Grace nods, opening her arms for a group hug.

Space Lawyer
2017-01-04, 10:08 AM
By the end of the game, Nikki is sweaty, ragged, and grinning from ear to ear. She joins in on the group celebrations, joining arms with Grace. "See, Lottie, what did I tell you?"

Ninja_Prawn
2017-01-04, 02:28 PM
Sorry, Coach. Must still be the ankle.

"Mhm. We'll have to keep an eye on that," she says. "Have you had a lot of problems with it before?"

Desiree nods.

If every girl gave up the first time something didn't go there way, there'd be no.... Michael Jordans... He's that basketball player from America, right? Desiree questions.

"Very true. Now, I expect the others will want to go celebrate somewhere. Don't let me keep you waiting!"

Angelica grins at her, blood and adrenaline pumping through her veins. "You're doing amazing too!" she shouted back, delivering a high-five as she tears down the field past AJ.

Victoria sighs at her failed attempt at being flirty and wanders over to Lottie. "High five! You did pretty well today aswell!" and gives her a light smile.

It's high fives all round! After the game, Lottie thanks you all for your efforts and Grace invites a group hug...

"Indeed, I would say we did pretty fine for our first time together", Grace nods, opening her arms for a group hug.

By the end of the game, Nikki is sweaty, ragged, and grinning from ear to ear. She joins in on the group celebrations, joining arms with Grace. "See, Lottie, what did I tell you?"

The rest of the team is in good spirits, so AJ suggests you go out somewhere for the evening. "Hey, have you guys seen the sights up town yet? The weather is perfect for it..."

Illven
2017-01-04, 03:38 PM
What cites? Are we really doing English work right after the game? Desiree pipes up confused.

jamieth
2017-01-04, 04:50 PM
"Sights, as in, sightseeing", Grace replies, "You probably didn't have a chance to see London yet, did you? There's plenty of things worth seeing, let me assure you."

Illven
2017-01-04, 05:11 PM
"Sights, as in, sightseeing", Grace replies, "You probably didn't have a chance to see London yet, did you? There's plenty of things worth seeing, let me assure you."

Non. Desiree agrees shaking her head. How does it compare to Paris? She questions.

Ninja_Prawn
2017-01-06, 03:36 AM
Non. Desiree agrees shaking her head. How does it compare to Paris? She questions.

"It's very different," says Lottie. "For starters, there aren't so many lovestruck couples. The architecture's very different - I'd say it feels more cold and oppressive than Paris. There are some great places to visit though, and our tube maps are much easier to read!"

Illven
2017-01-06, 03:47 AM
"It's very different," says Lottie. "For starters, there aren't so many lovestruck couples. The architecture's very different - I'd say it feels more cold and oppressive than Paris. There are some great places to visit though, and our tube maps are much easier to read!"

Why would we go to a place of coldness and oppression? Desiree asks cocking her head.

Ninja_Prawn
2017-01-06, 04:19 AM
"That's only in comparison to Paris, though, which is like the embodiment of quaint charm. The parts of London we'd be going to are still pretty nice."

AJ looks relieved. "I was goin' say! Ever since I was little, people have been telling me how great London is... you can't crush my dreams now!"

DracoknightZero
2017-01-06, 04:19 AM
Why would we go to a place of coldness and oppression? Desiree asks cocking her head.

"We could have gone to London Tower if you wanted to complete the image" Victoria remarks.

Space Lawyer
2017-01-06, 10:51 AM
"Yeah, there are some amazing places around London; you just have to know where to look! I'm not talking just about the tourist sites either." Runs in the early hours of the morning, when the city was (relatively) quiet, had given Nikki ample time to explore. "We should all probably get changed first though. Do we want to just head out now, or meet somewhere later? I didn't bring anything fancy to change into, but I could get dressed up if I go home first."

Ninja_Prawn
2017-01-06, 11:07 AM
"Good call. Shall we meet at the station at, say... half seven?"

Illven
2017-01-06, 04:56 PM
That sounds like a good plan. Desiree agrees.

DracoknightZero
2017-01-06, 05:11 PM
"Thats a date then! I bring the camera!" Victoria exclaims.

Ninja_Prawn
2017-01-10, 04:15 AM
Bonus Scene!

Those of you who arrive before the agreed time (looking at you, Nikki) end up loitering around outside the station. A passing police officer gives you a stern look, but doesn't actually say anything. Lottie is the first of your friends to show up, accompanied by Megan, whom she had also invited (having another local in tow can't hurt, after all). AJ is only a few minutes late, though she clearly didn't spend the extra time picking out clothes.

"Really, Jones? Jeans and a t-shirt? We're going out on the town, for goodness sake!" Sniffs Megan.

Well, at least the weather is holding. There's a golden glow to the air on this warm, autumn evening, and you are far from the only people heading south. There aren't enough seats on the train for everyone, so you all stand in a group. It's easier to talk that way anyhow.

"So, which of us have never been to London before?" Lottie asks.

Illven
2017-01-10, 04:34 AM
Desiree immediately raises her hand.

I suppose that was obvious, non.

Lentrax
2017-01-10, 11:29 AM
I've never ben this far south before, so I haven't either.

Space Lawyer
2017-01-10, 12:36 PM
Nikki had taken the time to make a bit of an impression. A pair of pumps, tight black jeans, and a form-fitting emerald blouse accentuated her best features. "I'm a native. I'm looking forward to seeing the city through fresh eyes."

jamieth
2017-01-10, 01:00 PM
"I admit, it's been a while since I was in the Capital myself", Grace, who decided on the simple but elegant white knee-length onepiece and a matching hat, mentions, "I wonder if much have changed... not in the hystorical districs, I suppose?"

Illven
2017-01-10, 04:23 PM
Nikki had taken the time to make a bit of an impression. A pair of pumps, tight black jeans, and a form-fitting emerald blouse accentuated her best features. "I'm a native. I'm looking forward to seeing the city through fresh eyes."

You look tres nice, darling. Desiree beamed.

2017-01-10, 04:27 PM
Bonus Scene!

Those of you who arrive before the agreed time (looking at you, Nikki) end up loitering around outside the station. A passing police officer gives you a stern look, but doesn't actually say anything. Lottie is the first of your friends to show up, accompanied by Megan, whom she had also invited (having another local in tow can't hurt, after all). AJ is only a few minutes late, though she clearly didn't spend the extra time picking out clothes.

"Really, Jones? Jeans and a t-shirt? We're going out on the town, for goodness sake!" Sniffs Megan.

Well, at least the weather is holding. There's a golden glow to the air on this warm, autumn evening, and you are far from the only people heading south. There aren't enough seats on the train for everyone, so you all stand in a group. It's easier to talk that way anyhow.

"So, which of us have never been to London before?" Lottie asks.

"I've been a couple times, but only short visits," Angelica replies. She feels a little awkward, what with also being in jeans and a tee shirt, but she tries not to let it show.

Ninja_Prawn
2017-01-10, 04:47 PM
You look tres nice, darling. Desiree beamed.

"She's not the only one..." AJ observes, though she somehow seems to be looking through your clothes. Putting an arm around Angelica in an apparent show of solidarity, she continues: "I mean, like, it's what's underneath that counts, am I right?"

2017-01-10, 04:48 PM
"She's not the only one..." AJ observes, though she somehow seems to be looking through your clothes. Putting an arm around Angelica in an apparent show of solidarity, she continues: "I mean, like, it's what's underneath that counts, am I right?"

Angelica gives her a sly grin. Absolutely." :smallamused:

Illven
2017-01-10, 04:51 PM
Desiree starts twisting and turning flirtatiously.

I know, but I appreciate the compliment. She grinned.

Lentrax
2017-01-10, 04:57 PM
Besides, Leslie says.

I thought we were goin' sightseein'. If I'da known we were going clubbing instead...

Ninja_Prawn
2017-01-10, 05:03 PM
Besides, Leslie says.

I thought we were goin' sightseein'. If I'da known we were going clubbing instead...

"She's right, girls. Cool it with the PDAs, at least until we've actually seen some sights."

The train pulls into Liverpool Street and Megan says: "Okay, we need to change here. Make sure you don't leave anything behind!"

DracoknightZero
2017-01-12, 03:53 AM
"She's right, girls. Cool it with the PDAs, at least until we've actually seen some sights."

The train pulls into Liverpool Street and Megan says: "Okay, we need to change here. Make sure you don't leave anything behind!"

"Not that familiar with London, do you know any good places to take group pictures Megan?" Victoria wondered.

Illven
2017-01-12, 04:05 AM
Or any tres beauty sights? Desiree asked cocking her head.

Ninja_Prawn
2017-01-12, 04:37 AM
"Not that familiar with London, do you know any good places to take group pictures Megan?" Victoria wondered.

Or any tres beauty sights? Desiree asked cocking her head.

"Yes, plenty of both," she says. "We'll head to Westminster first; the Houses of Parliament make a great place to take some photos; and then watch the sunset from the Eye. That should be lovely."

jamieth
2017-01-12, 06:32 AM
"Oh, of course - somehow, I never had a choice to ride the Eye myself; and I would say sunset over Thames should provide nice background for pictures as well."

DracoknightZero
2017-01-12, 08:04 AM
"Oh, of course - somehow, I never had a choice to ride the Eye myself; and I would say sunset over Thames should provide nice background for pictures as well."

"Quite the romantic aren't ya?" Victoria teased.

Illven
2017-01-12, 01:40 PM
The eye? Desiree replied.

Ninja_Prawn
2017-01-12, 01:44 PM
The eye? Desiree replied.

"What? Is the biggest ferris wheel in Europe not cool enough for you?"

Illven
2017-01-12, 01:55 PM
"What? Is the biggest ferris wheel in Europe not cool enough for you?"

I didn't know that's what they called. Desiree replied.

jamieth
2017-01-12, 03:39 PM
"Quite the romantic aren't ya?" Victoria teased.
"To a certain extent, yes", Grace nodded with a smile. "Too bad i'll likely be crouded - would be really nice if we could get a capsule to ourselves..."~

DracoknightZero
2017-01-12, 04:03 PM
"To a certain extent, yes", Grace nodded with a smile. "Too bad i'll likely be crouded - would be really nice if we could get a capsule to ourselves..."~

"Lilywhites celebrate after a crushing victory!" Victoria sited after noting down in her notepad. "This is going to be a great submission to the school paper. To increase morale!" Her eyes glowed with interest and went on to mumble a few other headlines as she giggled.

Ninja_Prawn
2017-01-15, 01:35 PM

Lottie does a quick headcount. "There's nine of us, so I guess we'll have to share. It's fine though, we can just enjoy the scenery."

"Hey, if it's privacy you want, we could always go back to my dorm room when we're done!" AJ offers.

Megan raises an eyebrow. "That sounds... cramped."