PDA

View Full Version : An update for my curse of strahd party

NecroDancer
2016-11-23, 09:55 PM
We are about to have a long overdue session of D&D this Saturday so I decided I'll post a recap.

Geoff, dwarf paladin: Currently the moral compass in the group and hopes to bring Strahd to justice and spread the word of the morning lord. He has become the defacto leader due to his high charisma and the fact commoners trust him. He has yet to dismiss his horse and insists on bringing everywhere even though the horse has a cursed mirror strapped to its side. Geoff is furious about his parties "tactics" and Barovia's lack of a stable government and may take levels in the little known "lawyer" prestige class.

Elias, the Drow cleric: only cleric of "Smolth" (aka Lolth in disguise), he was exiled from the underdark for blinding a classroom of children. He currently is chaotic good and neutral paranoid. He has also learned the greatness that is the fireball spell. He gets along well with the vistani due to his love of booze and gambling even though he suspects them of everything. He has threatened the lives of children that he thought were hags, stolen the fabric off a couch, and accidentally sent 2 horses to their deaths.

Pipin the short, halfling rogue: currently has enough money to buy 75% of Barovia. He also has the highest AC and lowest HP because he rolled VERY poorly for HP. He is starting to realize that he's traveling with a group of suicidal idiots.

Scalla, Raven familiar: spirit of a cleric who's soul was transferred to the warlocks familiar. She has already saved the party after their amulet was stolen, she is currently trying to keep the warlock alive because her life is tied with his. She has questioned the choices that brought her here. Currently nominated for "the most sarcastic raven" award. She hopes to start a relationship with Ezmarelda.

Sympathy for the Devil (aka Sym aka Captain Flight-Risk), Teifling warlock: He has a love/hate relationship with his patron Graz'zt. Sym has spent the majority of the last few sessions being mauled by wolves/zombies/cultist, it is a miracle he survived this long. Sym is known for taking his grudges to far and trying to get revenge on those who wronged him (a devil cult leader, a small town preist, and the majority of wolves in Barovia). The parties plan hinges on him seducing a lich. He currently deals 50% of the parties damage but will crumple like wet tissue paper is surrounded. He has been described as "selfish for the greater good".

Now as dark forces gather on the horizon the party has scored a critical victory in Krezk. Now the party must now liberate the town of Vallaki from the leader of a devil cult (again), and infiltrate the Amber temple. Seeking more XP for the coming battles the party plans to find a local Annis Hag and stop a werewolf menace. (Sym also plans to start a magical entertainment service to help pay for supplies).

(I wasn't able to include everything in this post so there may be missing information. I also ask for NO debates about alignment).

Squiddish
2016-11-24, 11:19 PM
Geoff the paladin here, with notable NPCs.

Also, just for the record, I'm actually more good than I am lawful, and do not intend to take the lawyer prestige class (but that would be fun to homebrew).

Blinsky (AKA the most interesting man in barovia): Once a humble toymaker with a ridiculous accent, he has been unceremoniously dragged down the path to greatness (?) by the various misadventures of our party. He now resides with Rudolf Van Richtin.

Rudolf Van Richtin, Monster hunter extraordinaire: a famous monster hunter with a long and troubled backstory. Both me and Sym (Necrodancer) own his autobiography thanks to a nat-20'd history check. He was attempting to lie low in Krezk, but we kind of knocked that plan out of the water by overthrowing the local government. Twice. In the same week.

Kazimer the wizard (Aka Ka$hmir or Cashimir): Our most powerful mage, as long as we remember he's there.