PDA

View Full Version : Spiteful techniques

Clopin Silk
2016-11-24, 11:14 PM
Basically, I was wondering if you guys could think of anything in 3.5 that would let me be really spiteful in battle. Are there any skills, spells or feats that could aid the creation of a character based around the mentality of 'I don't care if this hurts me, because it hurts you a lot more'? The big one for me would be this; is there a way I can let enemies hit me in order to guarantee that I'll get to just utterly ruin their day?

flappeercraft
2016-11-24, 11:22 PM
Check out Corrupt spells like Vileblade and Searing Seed from Dragon magazine 200 or BoVD

Telok
2016-11-24, 11:28 PM
Rolibar's Gambit and Karmic Strike? It's a mid/late game melee build.

Necroticplague
2016-11-24, 11:28 PM
Robilar's Gambit: Enemies who attack you get +4 attack and damage, anyone who attacks you provokes an AoO.
Karmic Strike: Take -4 to AC, any enemy that hits you provokes an AoO.
Vicious weapons: Do 1d6 damage to yourself to do 2d6 damage.

Clopin Silk
2016-11-24, 11:52 PM
Robilar's Gambit: Enemies who attack you get +4 attack and damage, anyone who attacks you provokes an AoO.
Karmic Strike: Take -4 to AC, any enemy that hits you provokes an AoO.
Vicious weapons: Do 1d6 damage to yourself to do 2d6 damage.
These are exactly the sort of thing I had in mind, thanks.

frogglesmash
2016-11-24, 11:56 PM
The Lockdown Builds (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=13426.0) rely on a fair number of abilities that are similar to what you're looking for.

Kelb_Panthera
2016-11-25, 12:03 AM
Scroll of disjunction. Don't misunderstand, I'm only suggesting this as a nuclear option and for completeness sake. It's definitely a way to be vindictive to somebody.

Aetis
2016-11-25, 12:13 AM
Blade of Blood spell and Vicious weapon enchantment comes to mind.

Inevitability
2016-11-25, 01:28 AM
There's the Spite domain in Heroes of Horror, with a granted ability that lets you deal up to 5 damage per divine caster level with a touch attack, as long as you were hit for so much last round.

Its spells also fit: Fire in the Blood hurts people who hurt you and Mantle of Pure Spite gives you a stacking bonus to attacks damage and AC every time someone hits you.

If you don't want to be a cleric, a level in Contemplative can get it on a divine caster, whilst Arcane Disciple gives an arcane access to it (though obviously with no use for the granted power)

Deophaun
2016-11-25, 03:15 AM
Improved Sunder: Hurt your enemies and hurt yourself and your fellow party members by destroying potential loot.

Shadowquad
2016-11-25, 06:36 AM
BoVD has a spell called "Masochism" which gives increasing luck bonuses on attack rolls, saving throws and skill checks when you take damage in a previous round.

There's also the Crusader's "Furious Counterstrike" ability, which works alike for attack rolls only. If you didn't have a specific class in mind, I think Crusader is the way to go ; you have numerous options to control the battlefield and force foes to attack you.

Inevitability
2016-11-25, 08:36 AM
BoVD has a spell called "Masochism" which gives increasing luck bonuses on attack rolls, saving throws and skill checks when you take damage in a previous round.

It's also possible to play a masochistic character according to the same book, which has similar effects. However, it may or may not take away a large chunk of your HP, so beware.

Togo
2016-11-25, 02:52 PM
I built an NPC cleric of spite based around some of the Pact spells in the Spell compendium (zealot pact, stalwart pact, etc). Made a great end of dungeon baddie.