PDA

View Full Version : Advice for blade bound Magus

belkasro
2016-11-24, 11:42 PM
Join a really fun pathfinder campaign recently and it's been fun so far. I've tried to based it off like a witcher (Geralt of Rivia in a way but don't want to clone him)

Herobizkit
2016-11-26, 05:58 AM
I haven't played a Magus nor have I played Pathfinder in literal years, but what I can offer is this:

Take each part of your character - skills, abilities, feats, and (I assume) traits - and figure out HOW or WHY s/he chose to learn them. Your character is a Magus for a reason... what propelled her/him to become one?

The Black Blade at level 3 is is rad as hell, but where does such a Blade come from...? And how is it related to your Magus' goals or interests?

Geralt is a pretty sexy character. Note that he's also the story's lone protagonist, so his 'cool' factor has to be pretty high to keep the player engaged. At his core, I see Geralt as kind of D&D Ranger (or PF Inquisitor/Alchemist?) styled a bit after a "sexy" Gil Grissom (from 2000's CSI: Crime Scene Investigation TV series). He's a monster hunter, but he also tries to do good where he can, often for a fee, but not always gold.

I'm rambling. Sorry. ^_^

LibraryOgre
2016-11-26, 10:34 AM
The Mod Wonder: Moved. Please put system-specific threads in the appropriate folder.

Kurald Galain
2016-11-26, 10:35 AM
Join a really fun pathfinder campaign recently and it's been fun so far. I've tried to based it off like a witcher (Geralt of Rivia in a way but don't want to clone him)

Enjoy this complimentary Magus handbook. (www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?423754-Myrrh-Frankincense-and-Steel-Kurald-Galain-s-Guide-to-the-Magus)