PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Wee Jas getting to know her.

Athear
2016-11-25, 03:31 AM
So I'm building a LE Master of the shrouds who Reveres Wee Jas. and trying to write up more Fluff for some of my spells. but what would a jasnian holy text look like. I've been looking on line for a while now and things seem vague at best so now I hope to turn to the community at large and discuss this.

KillingAScarab
2016-11-25, 04:13 AM
LudicSavant has a homebrew article on Wee Jas here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?450352-Wee-Jas-the-First-Lich). Two organizations are included as well as a paladin code of conduct and what might be learned by knowledge (religion) checks.

Troacctid
2016-11-25, 04:18 AM
Sorry, I just imagined asking Wee Jas out on a date, haha.

Have you looked in Dragon #350? I believe there's some Wee Jas stuff in there.

Athear
2016-11-25, 04:35 AM
I will looking into Dragon 350 though asking We Jas out on a date Is a great Idea. I love it.

Stealth Marmot
2016-11-25, 08:13 AM
I will looking into Dragon 350 though asking We Jas out on a date Is a great Idea.

Actually I would consider that a downright terrible idea. She would probably talk about herself and her accomplishments the whole time, use arcane terminology that is way over your head and roll her eyes rudely if you don't understand each one of them, and keep probing into your personal life asking pretentious and condescending questions about your accomplishments. Then she would ask for separate checks and not tip the waiter.

AmericanCheese
2016-11-25, 10:23 AM
Actually I would consider that a downright terrible idea. She would probably talk about herself and her accomplishments the whole time, use arcane terminology that is way over your head and roll her eyes rudely if you don't understand each one of them, and keep probing into your personal life asking pretentious and condescending questions about your accomplishments. Then she would ask for separate checks and not tip the waiter.

Not bad for a first date, in my experience actually.

I'll take it!

RedMage125
2016-11-25, 01:14 PM
Someone beat me to it.

The article in Dragon #350 is an amazing resource for Wee Jas. I've read it and used it for another character of mine.

Wee Jas has some odd rules regarding use of undead. As a steward of death, her clergy often guards cemeteries and OPPOSES wanton creation of undead. That is not to say that she is opposed to ALL undead, however.

Athear
2016-11-26, 01:18 AM

LOL I meant to talk about

stanprollyright
2016-11-26, 01:38 AM
The Bachelorette: Deities & Dungeons

GilesTheCleric
2016-11-26, 01:39 AM
Here's some sources that should have info: CW 147, CD 109, 119, DaD 58, 96, PHB 32, 108, CW 147, LGD 186, LGG 187, LGCS 11. I don't have a list of articles on Wee Jas that are fluff-only, though, sorry. The Greyhawk ones should do you well, though.

AlanBruce
2016-11-26, 01:54 AM
I barely recall some odd bits of info from Deities & demigods and some scattered lore about her online.

She is the Goddess of Death, but also of Magic. In that regard, she considers herself an equal to Boccob, since both oversee Magic.

Boccob, however, doesn't really side with her... or simply does not care, true to his title.

Wee Jas is also a vain goddess. She loves jewelry. If it's magical, even better. Many priests give offerings of such baubles to gain her favor, but make no mistake:

When your time is up, no jewelry will stop her from taking you. Dead is dead.

Which brings us to her outlook on the undead.

Wee Jas promotes the honoring and careful preservation of the dead and their memories. Many Jasidans are expert embalmers and morticians, making sure the fallen are given last rites and sent to their corresponding after life.

However, it is not unheard of for special cases to occur when truly devout followers of the Stern Lady undergo the Crucimigration Ritual and remain on the Material as Necropolitans, to ensure that future generations do not stray off her hallowed teachings and learn the process of proper burial for the recently deceased.

Needless to say, Wee Jas and Nerull do not get along whatsoever.

Whereas Wee Jas promotes the solemn passage of the dead from this world to the next, Nerull seeks to desecrate the fallen and turn them into foul evil undead. Barring that, his cultists are more than willing to sacrifice people to the reaper so that they may later be reanimated as shambling corpses and defile the land.

Both deities and their clergy and cultists have always been at odds, but that isn't to say infighting isn't common as well.

Being LN, Wee Jas attracts all three lawful alignments to her church. This results in factions within her temple, where LE clerics may attempt to twist her teachings and bring forth an unnecessary number of the undead, claiming that they may serve a divine purpose.

LN clerics will adhere to her teachings to the letter and may find themselves at odds with their more dark minded brothers and sisters.

And the LG clergy of Wee Jas would likely oppose the creation of undead entirely, stating that the dead deserve to go peacefully to the next life, body and soul.

But in the end, Wee Jas may leave all that ecclesiastic infighting to her mortal followers to sort out:

She is usually dating Norebo, the CN god of Gambling, so good luck getting her on a date.

animewatcha
2016-11-26, 04:40 AM
There was an article in dragon mag on her that went more into her on-off relationship with some guy that is CN. Because of this kinda thing, she didn't mind summon of chaotic beings.

Athear
2016-11-26, 03:24 PM
so you do manage to get date with Wee Jas because Norburo ran off again. and she begins explaining the true rules of the universe what happens.

Âmesang
2016-11-26, 03:48 PM
She is usually dating Norebo, the CN god of Gambling, so good luck getting her on a date.
Better luck with her than with the Lady of Pain. :smallamused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYJGmYsHCUg

Stealth Marmot
2016-11-27, 12:12 AM
Better luck with her than with the Lady of Pain. :smallamused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYJGmYsHCUg

This is one of the few good things to come from 4th ed...

RedMage125
2016-11-27, 10:21 PM
This is one of the few good things to come from 4th ed...

All those videos were comedy gold.

A lot of good came out of 4th edition, though...if you were the DM. I have DMed for 3.0, 3.5, 4e, and 5e, and 4e remains the easiest to run as a DM, but the others were all more fun for me as a player.