PDA

View Full Version : Which D&D Adventurer's League titles would you recommend, if any?

c-n-m-n-e
2016-11-25, 11:21 AM
My group is about to finish LMOP and I'm trying to find out if any of the Adventurer's League stories are any good, since we don't have enough time left together to launch into one of the book-length adventures like HotDQ or PotA. Since we're coming off of LMOP, something that utilizes the player's newly-gained factions could be nice, though not necessary.

I'm also working on making my own campaign setting for future campaigns, so if any of the Adventurer's League stories could be easily integrated into that setting, it would be great!

So, are any of the Adventurer's League stories any good? :smallsmile:

Caskwell
2016-11-25, 03:45 PM
I've only run the Out of the Abyss season in it's entirety, so I can't really compare to other modules, but the Tier 2 (i.e. 5-10) modules from that season had a few related storylines with a main story that culminates in an assault on a Fire Giant slave camp in the underdark. Not all of the modules are the best, but they worked well enough and seemed to engage my players. Oh, and they did have faction hooks and quests in them. Of note, these all happen in the Moonsea region, so you'd need to get them over there from the Sword Coast.
Here's a list of the Tier 2 modules (SPOILERS):

*DDEX3-3 Occupation of Szith Morcane - Sets up main storyline of creeping insanity from Underdark welling up + Fire Giants.
DDEX3-7 Herald of the Moon - Side story of Underdark crazy infecting Cormanthor Forest. (not necessary, but is a nice break from the Underdark)
*DDEX3-8 The Malady of Elventree - Delve into the Underdark to investigate the source of crazy.
*DDEX3-9 The Waydown - Start helping to fight back against encroaching Underdark forces with a supply run.
DDEX3-11 The Quest for Sporedome - Find cure to madness and potentially gain myconid allies. (skippable)
DDEX3-13 Writhing in the Dark - Potential illithid allies against encroaching madness. (this one has some inconsistencies, so make sure you get the most updated version, or some parts won't make sense) (skippable)
*DDEX3-15 Szith Morcane Unbound - Return to Szith Morcane to fend off Fire Giant invasion

I'd recommend the starred ones to run relatively coherent campaign.