PDA

View Full Version : Clearification please

Hunterx
2016-11-25, 11:34 AM
So as I read these two abilities one being a feat, you would get +4 from Stoney form and +5 from the class ability is this correct or is it just Stoney hide takes over and covers the Stoney form for a +5 only.

Stony Hide (Ex): The natural armor bonus of a stonespeaker guardian under the effect of the Stone Form feat improves by 1 per class level, up to a maximum of +5 at 5th level.

Benefit
As a standard action, you can spend one of your
uses of wild shape to assume a stony and rocklike form. While
in this form, you gain a +4 bonus on Fortitude saves against
poison. Your natural armor bonus becomes +4 (replacing any
natural armor bonus you normally have, though you retain
any enhancement bonus to natural armor)
You also gain a slam attack that deals bludgeoning damage
equal to a morningstar appropriate to your size (2d6 points
for Large characters, 1d8 points for Medium characters, 1d6
points for Small characters).

Thanks

Stealth Marmot
2016-11-25, 01:52 PM
Which game is this and where are these abilities found?

Inevitability
2016-11-25, 01:55 PM
They stack. It's both the only way that class feature makes sense (why nerf an ability for several levels?) and obeys the general rule of bonuses of different types and from different sources stacking.

Hunterx
2016-11-25, 06:08 PM
It is 3.5 and they are in races of stone one is a feat one is a a class ability.

So if they stack which you are saying that is a +9 to Natural armour, while using a stone form and a +4 all the time as long as you spend a wild shape use.

Hunterx
2016-11-25, 06:45 PM
Ultimately here is the base of the build idea.

Goliath
Mountain rage Barbarian 1
Druid Druidic Avenger 7
Stonespeaker Guardian 5

From here is now where I get a little stuck. My thoughts are to go to Fist of the forest but not sue how that classes abilities would mesh with this build and it would make for a very feat heavy build.

That being said it dose look to be the best fit. There is the ultra cheese of become a stone blessed 3 then going into the deep warden but that gives me only 6th level spells. The other one I was looking at is the Champion of Gway, this advances the barbarian rage and spell casting. Any other ideas for this would be fantastic.