PDA

View Full Version : WoD oWoD Medium

Kesnit
2016-11-25, 12:53 PM
My wife and I play in a mixing-pot oWoD LARP. She has a character concept, but we aren't sure what Merits and Backgrounds exist, given that they are scattered through various books of all the systems.

She wants to be either a Werewolf or Shifter Medium/Oracle. She makes her living doing fortune telling at carnivals and the like, but she really can see the future. (Reading cards and runes is just a cover for her abilities.) I know there is a Medium Merit, but that is about all we are familiar with. Could someone point me in the direction of other things she should take?

Mr Blobby
2016-11-27, 02:06 AM
First of all, check with ST to whether they're okay with this concept. If you've got multiple ST's handling the different types of critters, there may be an issue with 'who runs her?' [Classic example: Does the Garou ST or Mortal ST run Kinfolk?]

From the top of my head, the options are;

1/ Hedge Magic. Check the Sorcerer splat [or perhaps Mage 20th core]. If I remember correctly, this is also mentioned in Project Twilight [the govt hunter splat] under Special Skill: Divination. This may also be in the old Kinfolk book too, but don't quote me on that.

2/ Shifter I. Could see this as perhaps a Garou Ragabash, but my instinct is leaning towards either a Nuwisha or a Corax. Possibly a demented Ratkin Munchausen on the outside. You'll need to do the leg-work on this one: http://www.wyrmfoe.com/ might provide a Garou Gift for divination/medium abilities, but you'd have to check W20 Changing Breeds for the Fera's gifts.

3/ Shifter II. Instead of it being a Gift, give them a Fetish which allows them to see the future.

Or, you could simply go the whole hog and make them a Mage with good Correspondence/Entropy levels.