PDA

View Full Version : Wand chambers ...

orlondok
2016-11-25, 06:25 PM
Should double weapons (staff or two-bladed sword for examples) be able to hold 2 wand chambers?

Wand chamber = Dungeonscape pg. 34

Thurbane
2016-11-25, 06:36 PM
The description indicates one wand chamber per weapon, so by RAW I would say it's one.

However, two would be entirely reasonable for a double weapon, IMHO.

Cerefel
2016-11-26, 04:01 AM
IIRC it specifically calls out double weapons as being able to hold two wand chambers

EDIT: p.33 under the rules for weapon modifications it states that a double weapon can have one on each end.

Darrin
2016-11-26, 06:24 AM
Emperor Tippy has suggested that an Elvencraft Longbow, which sorta counts as three weapons, can accommodate three wand chambers.

...I haven't quite decided if I agree.

sleepyphoenixx
2016-11-26, 09:30 AM
Emperor Tippy has suggested that an Elvencraft Longbow, which sorta counts as three weapons, can accommodate three wand chambers.

...I haven't quite decided if I agree.

Strictly by the rules you have 3 weapons that can be enhanced separately.
Practically i don't think a bow can even support one wand chamber without snapping. Or snapping the wand every time you fire an arrow, since a bows limbs generally bend.

Necroticplague
2016-11-26, 09:33 AM
Strictly by the rules you have 3 weapons that can be enhanced separately.
Practically i don't think a bow can even support one wand chamber without snapping. Or snapping the wand every time you fire an arrow, since a bows limbs generally bend.

Wands are typically wood, like a bow, so I don't think that's much of a problem.

Keral
2016-11-26, 09:33 AM
Well, isn't it supposed to be somewhat magical space?

Ruethgar
2016-11-26, 09:56 AM
Elvencraft Longbow with a Bow Blade(Complete Scoundrel IIRC), why stop at 3 when you can have 4? This also makes for a fine staff in low level games like E6. Expensive as hell though.

Edit: Would also suggest multiple iterations of Improved Power(Magic). Sculpt the item version on, spend a feat, burn a domain, nix turn undead. End up with an ok number of free charges/day(cleric lvl x2). Also, technically Catalogs of Enlightenment might apply that again since it is part of the domain power for lvl x4.

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-11-26, 10:43 AM
Elvencraft Longbow with a Bow Blade(Complete Scoundrel IIRC), why stop at 3 when you can have 4? This also makes for a fine staff in low level games like E6. Expensive as hell though.Double that with some close combat blades (one added to each weapon and weapon end).

Ruethgar
2016-11-26, 11:12 AM
Double that with some close combat blades (one added to each weapon and weapon end).

Where are those from?

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-11-26, 12:36 PM
Where are those from?Sorry; I meant the close fighting blade, from Races of the Wild, pg 166.